Star Wars Star Wars: The Last Jedi - THREAD PART 2 - *SPOILERS and RUMORS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Vader: Literally the 2ic of evil. Luke's masters telling him he's gone and that he has to confront him.

Ben: Moody teenager. Sent to Luke for mentoring in good faith by his family.

Sent from mTalk
Let's put it into further perspective.

There's no way George Lucas would've ever turned Luke into what we saw in TLJ. It's rumored he wanted Luke to be an old Obi-Wan type handing the torch on, indeed, even a disgruntled old Jedi like Obi-Wan was in ANH, was how he would've portrayed Luke (it's like poetry, circles), but he wouldve never taken Luke's dignity away just like Obi-Wan in ANH was still dignified and wise and hopeful despite being old and disgruntled. Lucas would never have made Luke the character we saw in TLJ...a despicable emasculated no-hoper who contemplates killing his nephew due to having a vision of a future Ben Solo. Only in dickhead Rian's brain.

Yes it's probably not the best idea to waste time arguing with massive nerds!

hctLT3P8Bnm-J_6fNr_9YbApczw=.gif

The point was, clearly, that Luke is not perfect and is prone to impulsiveness. Not surprised it sailed clean above your head.
Because like most of your ‘points’ it’s bullshit.

His teenage nephew, who’d he known since he was born, who had done nothing.

His Dad, who he never had a relationship with, wiped out the Jedi, cut off his hand, destroyed planets, carbonized his best mate, killed his mentor, threatened his sister, was wiping out the Rebellion in front of him.

Nice comparison, you clown.

Vader: Literally the 2ic of evil. Luke's masters telling him he's gone and that he has to confront him.

Ben: Moody teenager. Sent to Luke for mentoring in good faith by his family.

Sent from mTalk
Vader was also armed and threatened to turn his sister to the dark side.

Ben was asleep.

Let's put it into further perspective.

There's no way George Lucas would've ever turned Luke into what we saw in TLJ. It's rumored he wanted Luke to be an old Obi-Wan type handing the torch on, indeed, even a disgruntled old Jedi like Obi-Wan was in ANH, was how he would've portrayed Luke (it's like poetry, circles), but he wouldve never taken Luke's dignity away just like Obi-Wan in ANH was still dignified and wise and hopeful despite being old and disgruntled. Lucas would never have made Luke the character we saw in TLJ...a despicable emasculated no-hoper who contemplates killing his nephew due to having a vision of a future Ben Solo. Only in dickhead Rian's brain.
Who cares what Lucas would have done. He had his chance to continue the story and is widely regarded to have ****ed it up. He may have written Luke differently, he may have also introduced Jar Jar Mark II.

Because like most of your ‘points’ it’s bullshit.

His teenage nephew, who’d he known since he was born, who had done nothing.

His Dad, who he never had a relationship with, wiped out the Jedi, cut off his hand, destroyed planets, carbonized his best mate, killed his mentor, threatened his sister, was wiping out the Rebellion in front of him.

Nice comparison, you clown.
And Luke didn't attack Ben or chop his hand off, he merely ignited his lightsaber. Nice comparison, clown :rolleyes:. The point was that Luke is not this faultless hero that the 'muh childhood' brigade try to paint him as. If he saw just how far gone Ben was, if he caught even a glimpse of the future misery he might cause (just like Vader), then the 'moment of weakness' is not out of character.

Star Wars will be just fine; people love it too much. One great film will bring even the biggest naysayer back. I survived the prequels, others will survive TLJ.

Well... the PT didn't destroy the fabric of my favourite characters or make the previous trilogy totally pointless.

Sent from mTalk

This thread will die when the next movie comes out. How long have we got?

Not really. If it's bad it will be because TLJ laid bad foundations. If it's good, it could be because it ignores a lot of what it was left. The most unlikely is it is good by expanding on what TLJ set up, it will even still be bumped.

Sent from mTalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Last Jedi was a very bad movie.

The Last Jedi Audience score:
vEMBcFC.png

Ghostbusters 2016 score:
SWyHIj0.png

Ghostbusters 2016 was a bad film. The common consensus is that The Last Jedi is worse.
Wanna post the critical scores?

Well... the PT didn't destroy the fabric of my favourite characters or make the previous trilogy totally pointless.

Sent from mTalk
Neither did TLJ, so we're all good.

Who cares what Lucas would have done. He had his chance to continue the story and is widely regarded to have ****** it up. He may have written Luke differently, he may have also introduced Jar Jar Mark II.

And Luke didn't attack Ben or chop his hand off, he merely ignited his lightsaber. Nice comparison, clown :rolleyes:. The point was that Luke is not this faultless hero that the 'muh childhood' brigade try to paint him as. If he saw just how far gone Ben was, if he caught even a glimpse of the future misery he might cause (just like Vader), then the 'moment of weakness' is not out of character.
I'm not sure how Luke almost killing a bad guy counts as a fault.

Nearly as good as Revenge of the Sith.

Sent from mTalk

Decent movie, best of the PT for mine.

If I walk in to someone's room with a gun, and flick the safety off, one could reasonably some that for a moment, I had ill intent, right?

Sent from mTalk

lol we're still doing this?

Ill intent, sure. Intent to kill? Would think you'd need a bit more.

Too much focus on the ben/luke scene, what about the rest of the movie?

• Flying Leia scene. Comical use of the force aside, how did she get back into the ship without sucking everybody else out? Convenient little problem they solved with a transition to another scene.
  • Luke flinging the saber over his shoulder. The major plot point of the first movie literally thrown away.
  • The fuel plot that made no sense at all to anybody with an ounce of critical thinking.
  • The stupidity of the "bombers" (What happened to the y wings).
  • Destroying the entire OT with the hyperspace as a weapon deal.
  • Luke manifesting himself through the force only to die anyway.
  • Rey besting Luke Skywalker in combat? After what, 1 week or so after leaving Jakku? Whilst only just beginning to understand the force?
  • Rey translating what Chewbacca is saying to Luke? Man this was one of the most annoying things about the movie.
  • Rose saving fin and then delivering this absolute pearler "Not fighting what we hate, saving what we love".

Let me know if you want more things to address, I have a whole stack of them and I only saw the movie twice. I went back just to make sure it was as awful as I thought it was the first time, it was.

Last edited:
Too much focus on the ben/luke scene, what about the rest of the movie?

• Flying Leia scene. Comical use of the force aside, how did she get back into the ship without sucking everybody else out? Convenient little problem they solved with a transition to another scene.
  • Luke flinging the saber over his shoulder. The major plot point of the first movie literally thrown away.
  • The fuel plot that made no sense at all to anybody with an ounce of critical thinking.
  • The stupidity of the "bombers" (What happened to the y wings).
  • Destroying the entire OT with the hyperspace as a weapon deal.
  • Luke manifesting himself through the force only to die anyway.
  • Rey besting Luke Skywalker in combat? After what, 1 week or so after leaving Jakku? Whilst only just beginning to understand the force?
  • Rey translating what Chewbacca is saying to Luke? Man this was one of the most annoying things about the movie.
  • Rose saving fin and then delivering this absolute pearler "Not fighting what we hate, saving what we love".

Let me know if you want more things to address, I have a whole stack of them and I only saw the movie twice. I went back just to make sure it was an awful as I thought it was the first time, it was.
Poe prank calling Hux.

Snoke and Kylo using Hux as a punching bag.

Snoke treating Kylo like s**t, why would someone turn to someone who treats them badly?

Rose mourning the death of a character we don't care about but not getting to see Luke mourn Han.

Rey surprised reaction when Kylo tells her that her parents are no one when she was a nobody living in a desert just a week ago.

Luke being dick to his nephew in the battle on crate.

Vice Admiril Holdo not telling Poe her plans despite it being in the resistances' best interest for her to do so.

Vice Admiril Holdo's plans sucking balls.

Poe was supposedly taught a lesson but what that lesson was and how he took it onboard is very unclear.

Canto bight for looking more like Monaco then somwhere from space.

Finn for acting like he belongs in a Ice Cube movie when he's a professionally trained storm trooper from birth.

Phasma showing up for a very small amount of screen time just to embarrass herself.

No lightsaber battle. Seriously how do do you * this up?

The Preatorians fight scene, just everything about it is bad, it's just being another excuse to make Rey look better than Kylo the praetorians should have just accepted Kylo as their new leader instead of risk their lives for no reason and Rey being stabbed with a knife for it to only dissapear.

Killing of Snoke without explaining his origins and importance.

No ending where the main characters are silent and a John Williams score plays in the background.

The climax is a bunch of rusty ships take on the first order then Luke blue balls the audience.

The resistance only escape is becuase of Kylo Ren's stupidity.

What currently occurring in the story of the ST is an expansion on the events of the OT and not a regression?

The opening hour before Starkiller hits reset?

Sent from mTalk
I guess the question here is, what were you expecting? Star Wars movies need to hit certain story beats to be considered Star Wars movies, particularly if you think a large group of fans want to wash away the prequel stank. The EU, which people seem to wax nostalgic about, leaned heavily on Empire/Rebellion, super weapons and crazed dark siders for more than a decade before they tried to branch out. The Zahn trilogy, which is fantastic, relies heavily on the same tropes but with a little tweak.

If you're angry that the ST hasn't advanced the storyline enough, then your beef is with JJ, not RJ. He's the one that produced a soft reboot. As for an expansion on OT events, how about the very thing everyone seems to have a problem with: Luke and his approach to the Force. We have moved away from a religious type order in the PT to a prophesised one in the ST to the Force being something in all life that is now being used by people outside this closed Order. We still have to see where this goes (it's not finished, remember) but the broom kid hints at a new direction for Force users.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back