Entertainment & Music Star Wars -V- Star Trek Which is the BEST out of these two Sci-Fi series

In your opinion, which is the BEST Sci-Fi series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Having said that, some ST episodes are so abysmally bad (e.g. the one where Wesley Crusher gets sentenced to death for breaking a flowerpot on the planet of the bimbos), they make The Phantom Menace look good.
Are you gay?
That episode is good for the sole reason of looking at the edo women :p

Trek by a long way for me.

I have almost every episode on DVD, plus shelves of books and various items (not to mention photos of myself with Jeri Ryan, John de Lancie, Michael Dorn, Garret Wang and Patrick Stewart!).

I wasn't overly impressed by the last film, but it's nice to have some form of Trek back.

Wars was mildly interesting to me as a kid, but I didn't enjoy re-watching the original trilogy as an adult, and the newer films were of no interest whatsoever.
7 of 9, Q, Worf, Kim and Picard :eek:
Take Kim out and put Data in and you have my 5 favourite characters.

2 of my cousins have star trek characters as their middle name. Q and seven (NSW wouldn't allow a number, if they did it would be 7)

Which is the BEST Star Trek TV series overall then?

Voyager was a very good series. Just shades Picard and TNG.

TNG with Picard was good but had the occasional shite episode. The whole Wesley Crusher http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Crusher "mary sue" scenario was dissapointing in the early season's.
Q, The Borg and extended Klingon storylines were all very good in TNG.

DS9 for me. I love the darker tone that this whole series took. This was the antithesis of the "utopia" that TNG depicted. There are times when it also didn't really depict the Federation as the "good guys" either - the episode "For the Uniform" where Sisko hunts Eddington, Eddington points out that the Federation simply handed over a planet where the Maquis had built their homes to the Cardassians with the signing of a treaty. "In the Pale Moonlight" is another brilliant episode where the Federation uses trickery and deception to get the Romulans into the war on their side. DS9 was a universe that was filled with conflict, tension, and shades of grey.

Trek by a long way for me.

I have almost every episode on DVD, plus shelves of books and various items (not to mention photos of myself with Jeri Ryan, John de Lancie, Michael Dorn, Garret Wang and Patrick Stewart!).

At the recent OzTrek8 in Sydney/Melbourne? I was there. I didn't get a photo with Jeri, though. I couldn't afford it. But I did get my two seconds with her when I got her autograph :)

I love DS9, seen it about 3 times through.

Lots of slow episodes especially early but once the war starts things really get going.

Always a big fan of Bashir, Miles, Jadzia and Quark. Sisko and Worf don't get that many opportunities to show thier lighter sides and as such do end up being a bit more boring.

Odo is just a strange kind of thing. Not sure weather you should love him or hate him, I think being stripped of his powers helped the viewer connect.

In The Pale Moonlight is obviously the best episode and I've seen it about 10 times.

Garak I thought was funny but of course you're not supposed to like him. Damar sort of turned around at the end.

It was nice to see Jaresh Inyo, really enjoyed all the Earth episodes especially the Bell Riots.

Special mention to Ezri and Rom, great extras.

Kira least favourite, possibly supposed to be bitchy but yeah a real stick in the mud.

Keiko was cool but really just a leftover bit parter from next gen.

Of course Jake & Nog, was young when first watching these so really enjoyed them. Much better than Wesley :thumbsu:

In The Pale Moonlight is obviously the best episode and I've seen it about 10 times.

The great part about that episode is it makes you question every previous episode of star trek- I love the idea that the federation, whilst appearing to be this wonderful touchy feely enlightened civilisation, fights just as dirty as everyone else when pushed- in fact dirtier, because they are relying on their touchy feely image to get away with it.

Sisko was no normal starfleet captain.

This was war, the very fabric of the alpha quadrant in the balance. He did what he had to do.

Not just humans on those casualty lists.

There's not many real war episodes but the few they do give you are a real treat.

At the recent OzTrek8 in Sydney/Melbourne? I was there. I didn't get a photo with Jeri, though. I couldn't afford it. But I did get my two seconds with her when I got her autograph :)

That's the one! I was a bit reluctant to fork out $80 for a photo (especially when Wang and de Lancie were free a few years back), but it's worth it to have it on my wall at work.

Glad you got to be up close and personal with her as well. :)

As for best series, I love them all, but DS9 stands out for me.

If you havent already - you guys need to watch Battle Star Gallactica
all the cool darkness of DS9 - made by Ronald D Moore and just really thought provoking and dark

Indeed. No other Starfleet captain would've got away with poisoning the atmosphere of an entire planet.

Heh, had forgotten that episode. Another great wtf moment, and a bit silly really- given some of the ridiculously petty things people have been court martialed for over the course of the various series, realistically Sisko should have spent the next decade or so in a mental health institution.

You can imagine him casually letting slip to starfleet command about it afterwards-

"Yeah, so I was chasing down a dangerous maquis terrorist who had poisoned the atmosphere of a cardassian world, but its okay because i threatened to poison the atmosphere of a maquis world unless he gave himself up and then to show him I wasn't bluffing I went ahead and did it.'
''Oh oka-what?!"
"Yeah I poisoned a planet's atmosphere. No biggy. Its all good because the countless thousands of people affected can relocate to another world. Um."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both as boring as bat s**t.

Back