Starc out injured with stress fractures

Remove this Banner Ad

poor boy. Hope australia do not make it an excuse if they lose the series. As it is he was going for economy of 5+ in the last innings he played.

**** man. In a matter of days have gone from likely winners in Indian conditions to...where we find ourselves now. Huge loss.

All seems to have fallen apart hey?

So Bird to come into the 11. Cummins isn't ready but had good figures in his comeback. Sayers or Behrendorff?? Dorf has more "x-factor" so to speak, but Sayers takes wickets in Adelaide which is flat so might suit India.

It really sucks for Starc, after that leg problem he got through the summer fine with Hazlewood but they both had a high workload. Hope Josh can hold up, and I think he will.

Dibby dobblers like Bird and Sayers won't get selected to partner Hazelwood in a team with two spinners.

It's frustrating, although Haze has been the better bowler we could probably afford to lose him more than Starc. The latter has no like-for-like replacement unless you want to roll the dice on Dorff/Cummins/Pattinson.

1 - Completely inappropriate for an injury thread.
2 - Australia have already exceeded nearly everyone's expectations already this series, so no excuses will be needed/offered.

yes i know australia have surprised themselves and everyone because of this shambolic performance of India but now many posters here are entertaining the thought of series win which is valid the way indians are playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes i know australia have surprised themselves and everyone because of this shambolic performance of India but now many posters here are entertaining the thought of series win which is valid the way indians are playing.
I wouldn't call it shambolic, just a standard performance when your elite batsman Kohli doesn't score any runs, it brings you back to the pack. Your bowling has been fine, I have been surprised with how disciplined your seamers have been. Anyway, topic is for another thread.

I wouldn't call it shambolic, just a standard performance when your elite batsman Kohli doesn't score any runs, it brings you back to the pack. Your bowling has been fine, I have been surprised with how disciplined your seamers have been. Anyway, topic is for another thread.

If you have watched enough indian cricket then you will know that there are other indian batsmen who perform too apart from kohli especially in tests and indian team in not over-dependent on him. So it was not even close to a standard performance. India never had scores of 100 odd in both innings and defeated like this at home. Yes fast bowling is improving every time.

If you have watched enough indian cricket then you will know that there are other indian batsmen who perform too apart from kohli especially in tests and indian team in not over-dependent on him. So it was not even close to a standard performance. India never had scores of 100 odd in both innings and defeated like this at home. Yes fast bowling is improving every time.
Yes yes Pujara (who I rate really high) etc are fine players, but when your best player doesn't score runs, it makes a larger hole than when one of the others fail. Its the same for Australia, Smiths runs are more valuable than Warner or Marsh as they hurt more when they don't happen.

I remember Pattinson had a brilliant series in India back in 2013. He was our standout bowler in what was a very dim series. He's also a handy batter to have at 8 but so is Cummins for that matter. Patto doesn't usually take too long to get into the swing of things when coming back from injury. It's such a shame he has been so injury prone as I think he would've had close to 200 wickets already. The bloke belongs at international level. Give him a crack.

He dismissed:
1, 3, 5, 9 in the first
1, 4, 7, 9 in the second

That's 5 batsmen he removed, including Lehmann, Ferguson and Head.
No, that's 3 batsmen he removed. Sam Raphael is not a batsman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back