Universal Love Starcevich re-signs until 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news. He'll take a bit longer than the other high draft picks but is incredibly talented.

Happy to see that he gets another game this week. Good debut in a tough match which was pretty damn hot all the way through.

Not that I ever thought that he never wouldn't re-sign but for once in along time I've never felt that our draftees or younger players are going to up and leave as per the 'Go Home 5' and Aish. Great result, we place way too high expectations on our young draftees and as jackess outlines will take a bit longer.

Another good news story coming out of the Lions.

This club is going places and it looks like we have the right people in charge now, after the hubris fall after the premiership glory years.

It is all learning and hoping the club never make the same errors again.

It'll be interesting to see how he evolves. From the little I've seen of him it looks like the one percenters come naturally to him, but he needs to work to find the ball.

Not a sure thing but plenty to work with. We need the sort of player he could become, if that makes sense.

With all these young guys signing extensions, the players out of contract at the end of this year or next year are looking less likely to get new ones.

so who is left from last years crop to extend ? Ballenden ? must be close to them all committing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got a really good feeling re how Starcevich and Bailey are going to turn out for us, they will be big bodied stoppage/contested players with a burst of pace. They could be the contested, clearance player partners for Jarrod Berry that we need.

Went and had a look at training in Melbourne today. The first thing I was impressed with was Starc's physical development. He has really filled out since the start of the year. He Moves very well and has a big future with the lions. Glad he is on board for the coming years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back