Stardust Festival

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll only comment on the musical side of the festival but WOW...WHAT A NIGHT/MORNING!!!! Best rave ive ever been to.
Music was awesome....the crowd was great (probably between 3500-4000 but were awesome people), awesome lighting.
We took three carloads of folks up to where the festival was held...i think it was at Ponde which is between Murray Bridge and Mannum about...1 hour away from Adelaide.
There was three different 'arenas'....the main stage which was mainly techno and trance until they changed to the maddest drum n bass at about 6 30am. They also had a 'System6' (the main rave group in adelaide) stage, and a jungle/drum n bass stage which started about 8 and finished about 6:00.

The stages:

Main stage - was pretty damn good. Real trancey with strong beats. The drum n bass at the end tho was the best. A local had 4 decks goin and the stuff he was playing had the BEST most phattest bassline and the quickest beats. NUTS!!!!!

System6 - most System6 DJs are just hi NRG. And thats what they played on the stage all night/morning. Hi NRG...and it was damn good too. Very fast, had probly the most people around the stage...the fast beats had the crowd movin and jumpin around all night long

Drum n Bass/Jungle - best drum n bass ive ever ever heard in my life. Had the best basslines, with the DJs going off, the MCs going off....the 200-300 people around the stage going off. Thats where the best atmosphere was on the night.

Now the individual acts (that i can remember):

Jeff Mills - the Techno champ was awesome!!

Chris C - the main attraction at the System6 stage and he was simply mind blowing. The hardest, fastest NRG played all night and had about 1,500 cramped around the small stage dancin like crazy.

Odyssey - a resident System6 DJ who played a great set but not as good as others ive seen of him

The Virus World Tour - Optical was probably the better DJ out of the three...altho RymeTyme was the group that played the awesome quick DnB.

B.L.I.M - probably the best Nu-Skool breaks DJ in the world...and he certainly lived up to his reputation

NuBreed - pretty cool. Had three guys who did everything from trance, to a bit of nrg to DnB to hip hop/rap. Mostly the three were DJing at the same time, but one of the guys would break away sometimes and start MCing or Rapping.

MPK - as usual the best DnB on the DnB stage!!!!

Definatly one great night out and the best rave ive been to so far.
:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back