XBX Starfield

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it looks epico

Big budget space opera?

rick-and-morty-morty.gif

It's going to be amazing or an empty shallow experience. Would hope that the development time of this game means it's going to be the former.

Also looking forward to making a dick and balls shaped ship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looks like almost exactly what i expected. i didn't think they'd do the 1000 planets thing though. I guess there'll be 4 or 5 main planets with handcrafted stuff then a whole bunch of random planets mainly there for resource harvesting/crafting. hopefully there is a lot of game in the main planets/cities because I'm not really into exploring procedurally generated random planets. the crafting looks better for me, more like Subnautica where it's easy to quickly build stuff rather than placing every tiny object

there's definite framerate issues going on. was running pretty bad, and then some things like the smoke/dust around the ships landing was running at like half the framerate for some reason?

did they confirm if your character is silent like the games before Fallout 4?

Looking at the vid first I got Outer Worlds plunked right in the middle of a No Mans Sky galaxy trying to be a Bethesda game vibes. Looking forward to the lore side of things to see if Bethesda still got that going for them

They have now confirmed your character is silent and conversations are in the 1st person view. Very good news imo I didn't like Fallout 4's dialogue compared to their previous games

Boy it looks ROUGH!

I don't think many would be giving much praise had this not been from Fallout/Skyrim devs.

It really was a far from exciting showing. As others are theorising, the 1000 planets is very worrying, I'm hoping it's more like biaseddustyfan said and not just a No Man's Sky type of thing. If you can push 4-6 planets as properly hand crafted, with a bunch of actually crafted areas for me to jump around the story and then everything else can be filler-ish. Then it might work.

However I'm leaning more to it being in-line with No Man's Sky loose scope with what Howard said with the whole "you can land anywhere on any planet". There's just no way they can curate that experience.

I was expecting something more like The Outer Worlds. Sci-fi, but Fallout. This is No Man's Sky 2. Which I get is a bit redundant to be disappointed that the game looks like one and not another, but I think it's more so the scope of said game. This just looks like it's going to be un-managable and we can't forget that No Man's Sky took at least 2 years after release, if not longer to actually become what it initially set out to be.

The character model visuals looked like a huge step up. There was however a huge consistency issue with the visuals through the gameplay reveal, and as mentioned as well the framerate was woeful.

Yep, graphically very nice. They've almost gone too big but if they pull it off which I doubt it's GOTY.

Just can't see 1000 planets being well populated. A whole lot of nothing I'd suspect.

Still day 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back