Kakkle

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 2, 2012
Melbourne/Los Angeles
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Best ruckmen. Also factually incorrect, he went off injured against the premiers in the second quarter. He got spanked by Gawn, Grundy and Goldstein. He beats up on the Stanley's and English's of the world, but when he comes up against the best, he regularly gets shown up.
Ah, my bad, Still not a spud, nor is Tom Bellchambers a better player by any means.

Also not sure if you're talking about the same Matthew Kreuzer. Ranked 14th for clearances at stoppages per game. With Grundy the only other ruckman infront of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheGrizz

Premiership Player
Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Best ruckmen. Also factually incorrect, he went off injured against the premiers in the second quarter. He got spanked by Gawn, Grundy and Goldstein. He beats up on the Stanley's and English's of the world, but when he comes up against the best, he regularly gets shown up.
So did just about every other ruck in the comp sans Rowan Marshall.

McEvoy and Bellchambers are in the same tier of rucks around the league. In this tier also would the likes of Lycett, Kreuzer, Nankervis and O'Brien entered this tier by this years end. You can rank those 6 guys from 1-6 however you like and wont get much argument from most people.

eth-dog

Premium Gold
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
Ah, my bad, Still not a spud, nor is Tom Bellchambers a better player by any means.

Also not sure if you're talking about the same Matthew Kreuzer. Ranked 14th for clearances at stoppages per game. With Grundy the only other ruckman infront of him.
I didn't say he was, well, in this particular instance. However the point still stands. He regularly gets spanked by them.

Did he really? Huh, didn't know that. Admittedly I saw a lot less of Carlton this year than previously but he's never really impressed me.

eth-dog

Premium Gold
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
So did just about every other ruck in the comp sans Rowan Marshall.

McEvoy and Bellchambers are in the same tier of rucks around the league. In this tier also would the likes of Lycett, Kreuzer, Nankervis and O'Brien entered this tier by this years end. You can rank those 6 guys from 1-6 however you like and wont get much argument from most people.
I would have Lycett ahead honestly. And Stef Martin would be up there as well.

TheGrizz

Premiership Player
Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
I would have Lycett ahead honestly. And Stef Martin would be up there as well.
My tier was a bit arbitrary, if I was to really break it down it would be below

Elite - Gawn, Grundy
Star - Naitinui (only cause of durability is he not a level up) Marshall, Goldstein
Above Average - Witts, Martin, Lycett
Mid tier - Bellchambers, Kreuzer, McEvoy, Nankervis, Sinclair
Below average/cooked - Stanley, Mumford, Jacobs

Upcoming - Darcy, English, O'Brien

eth-dog

Premium Gold
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
My tier was a bit arbitrary, if I was to really break it down it would be below

Elite - Gawn, Grundy
Star - Naitinui (only cause of durability is he not a level up) Marshall, Goldstein
Above Average - Witts, Martin, Lycett
Mid tier - Bellchambers, Kreuzer, McEvoy, Nankervis, Sinclair
Below average/cooked - Stanley, Mumford, Jacobs

Upcoming - Darcy, English, O'Brien
Martin for me is better than Goldstein. Goldy the better season but Martin has been top 4/5 for the past 3 years IMO. I'd have Sinclair in the lower tier as well.

Top Bottom