Team Mgmt. Starting 22 round 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
But on the topic of forward line structure; I'm quite confident we'll run a 2x Tall, 1x Medium, 3x Small line up.

Fantasia (S) - Daniher (T) - Smith (S)

Stringer (M) - McKernan (T) - Tippa (S)

With Langford (M) on the bench, possibly interchanging with Snelling if we need to go smaller or Stewart if we need to go taller.

I think Hooker, Smack and Daniher in the same forward line won't be suited towards Caracella's gameplan. Too slow and immobile for the most part. I see Hooker playing defence, at least for this year.

naraku

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A.C. Milan
B: Francis Hurley Ambrose
HB: McGrath Hooker Heppell
C: Merrett Parish McKenna
HF: Stringer Daniher Smith
F: Raz McKernan AMD
Ruck: TBC Shiel Saad
IC: Snelling Cutler Redman Gleeson
EM from : Zaka Langford Hams Clarke Laverde Phillips Begley Ridley Guelfi.

staaation

All Australian
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
I find it funny that most of us are in agreeance that Zaka is no longer best 22. But turn to Facebook and people talk about him like he's Voss.
I think a lot of them are the type who rarely watch non-essendon games, so they don't see much of the actual good sides, and can't understand why we're not better.

Sockeye

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Hooker Hurley Ambrose Francis all in defence?
How many forward lines would this match up on?

With Saad Redman McKenna and Gleeson also all best 22 someone is missing out if all are fit.

vass44

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
We don't like it but Zaka will be in our first 22 in round 1, 2020.

Yes Zakka is still starting 22 - but I can only fit him on the bench - along with Hooker who will likely spend more time forward in 2020. My starting 22;-

Francis Ambrose Saad
Gleeson Hurley McKenna
McGrath Shiel Redman
Fantasia Daniher Smith
Stringer McKernan Tippa

Phillips Heppell Merrett

Bench: Parish Clarke Zakka Hooker

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
I dont think this has ever been more difficult to predict even assuming full fitness.
Agreed, this could theoretically go a dozen different ways.

What a major unknown will be is what, if any, impact on selection and structure that Rutten has in the lead up to next year and the i nfluence of Caracella

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Bellchambers is a mid tier ruck in the AFL. Some of the crap he cops is bizarre.
You think so?

Adelaide - O'Brien
Brisbane - Martin
Carlton - Kruezer
Collingwood - Grundy
Fremantle - Darcy
Geelong - Stanley
GC - Witts
GWS - Jacobs
Hawthorn - McEvoy
Melbourne - Gawn
North - Toldstein
Port - Lycett
Richmond - Nankervis
St Kilda - Marshall
Swans - Naismith?
Eagles - Nic Nat
Bulldogs - English

Based on that list - who is he ahead of? Assuming everyone is full fitness (including TBC);

I'd say he's on par with Darcy and only better than Naismith. Even if you think he's better than a few more on that list; that's still would make him a bottom-tier starting ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think so?

Adelaide - O'Brien
Brisbane - Martin
Carlton - Kruezer
Collingwood - Grundy
Fremantle - Darcy
Geelong - Stanley
GC - Witts
GWS - Jacobs
Hawthorn - McEvoy
Melbourne - Gawn
North - Toldstein
Port - Lycett
Richmond - Nankervis
St Kilda - Marshall
Swans - Naismith?
Eagles - Nic Nat
Bulldogs - English

Based on that list - who is he ahead of? Assuming everyone is full fitness (including TBC);

I'd say he's on par with Darcy and only better than Naismith. Even if you think he's better than a few more on that list; that's still would make him a bottom-tier starting ruckman.
Kreuzer (overrated) Darcy, Stanley, Jacobs (cooked), McEvoy, Naismith, English. Though the young ones should overtake him soon

McEvoy is definitely ahead of him and Jacobs still conceivably could be but we don’t really know because he didn’t really play any meaningful footy last year. He’s also a better tap ruckman than a lot of the others.

He’s thoroughly middle of the pack, which is fine, I don’t expect Phillips to supplant him any time soon but the good thing is that Phillips is good enough to not have to participate in the annual pagan tradition of playing Bellchambers half baked after a month long layoff

Schnitzengruben

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Kreuzer (overrated) Darcy, Stanley, Jacobs (cooked), McEvoy, Naismith, English. Though the young ones should overtake him soon
Kruezer and Stanley are bother better than TBC. Jacobs is as cooked as TBC, if not in a better position. English this year will be comfortably better than TBC.

So yeah, he's a bottom 4 starting ruckman in the comp in now. He isn't going to improve over time either.

Not saying he's unserviceable or a horrible player - but let's call a spade, a spade.

Kruezer and Stanley are bother better than TBC. Jacobs is as cooked as TBC, if not in a better position. English this year will be comfortably better than TBC.

So yeah, he's a bottom 4 starting ruckman in the comp in now. He isn't going to improve over time either.

Not saying he's unserviceable or a horrible player - but let's call a spade, a spade.
Stanley is comfortably the worst #1 ruck in the league. Jacobs is as cooked without anywhere near the hit out ability that Tom has, and English, whilst promising, hasn't done anything to suggest he's better at this stage.

I've made my point on Big Boy (beats up on the lower rung but goes missing against the best) and Kreuzer (doesn't do a heap at a stoppage or around the ground) before.

He's middle of the road.

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Stanley is comfortably the worst #1 ruck in the league. Jacobs is as cooked without anywhere near the hit out ability that Tom has, and English, whilst promising, hasn't done anything to suggest he's better at this stage.

I've made my point on Big Boy (beats up on the lower rung but goes missing against the best) and Kreuzer (doesn't do a heap at a stoppage or around the ground) before.

He's middle of the road.

His best two ranked games were against the top 2 teams. Try again.

His best two ranked games were against the top 2 teams. Try again.
Best ruckmen. Also factually incorrect, he went off injured against the premiers in the second quarter. He got spanked by Gawn, Grundy and Goldstein. He beats up on the Stanley's and English's of the world, but when he comes up against the best, he regularly gets shown up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back