Remove this Banner Ad

FB Saad Ambrose Gleeson
HB Francis Hurley McKenna
C Redman Shiel Mcgrath
HF Fantasia Laverde Smith
FF Stringer Mckernan Tippa
R Phillips Parish Merrett
IC Heppell Clarke Guelfi, Cutler

Next up - Ridley, zaharakis, Townsend, Ham, Langford.
- Cahill or mozzie could get elevated for fwd pressure if they perform well in the practice matches, but are unproven at this stage.

Injured / out - Hooker, JD, Bellcho

Zakka in leadership group so will definitely start in the 22. Not sure Hooker has any long term injury..?? Hopefully not and he is OK to stand in the square and contest come round 1 because we don’t have many other options!

FB Francis Ambrose Redman
HB Gleeson Hurley Saad
C Zakka Merrett Mcgrath
HF McKenna Laverde Fanta
FF Stringer Hooker Tippa

R McKernan Heppell Shiel

IC Parish, Smith, Guelfi, Phillips

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ridley Ambrose Francis
McKenna Hurley Saad
Redman Heppell Mcgrath
Tippa Smack Raz
Smith Hooker Stringer
Phillips Merrett Shiel

Clarke, Gleeson, Parish, Guelfi

B Francis Ambrose Saad
HB Redman Hurley Mckeena
C McGrath Heppell Parish
HF Stringer Hooker Smith
F Tipungwuti Mckernan Fantasia
Foll: Phillips Shiel Merrett
Inter: Cutler, Langford, Gleeson, Guelfi
Emerg: Clarke, Townsend, Zerk-Thatcher, Begley

I imagine with McKenna being trialled forward we should look like this.

Francis Ambrose Saad
Redman Hurley Gleeson
McGrath Shiel Zaharakis
McKenna McKernan Walla
Fantasia Hooker Stringer
Phillips Zerrett Heppell
Langford Hibberd Parish Smith

Emg:
Cutler Ridley Guelfi

Its exactly 5 weeks from today the real stuff starts - yes 5 weeks peeps get exited..!!!

Lets hope McKenna is back from Ireland by then, anyone with little niggles is over them (Tippa, Hooker, Zakka), and we can put a close to full strength team out on the park (less JD & Bellcho). Hoping to see a line up something like;-

Francis Ambrose Redman
Gleeson Hurley Saad
Merrett Shiel McGrath
Townsend Stringer Fanta
McKernan Hooker Tippa

Phillips Heppell Smith

Bench from: Parish Zakka Guelfi McKenna/Laverde

If we can not let Fyfe have too much influence (easier said then done) then this 22 at home should knock off the Dockers

Its exactly 5 weeks from today the real stuff starts - yes 5 weeks peeps get exited..!!!

Lets hope McKenna is back from Ireland by then, anyone with little niggles is over them (Tippa, Hooker, Zakka), and we can put a close to full strength team out on the park (less JD & Bellcho). Hoping to see a line up something like;-

Francis Ambrose Redman
Gleeson Hurley Saad
Merrett Shiel McGrath
Townsend Stringer Fanta
McKernan Hooker Tippa

Phillips Heppell Smith

Bench from: Parish Zakka Guelfi McKenna/Laverde

If we can not let Fyfe have too much influence (easier said then done) then this 22 at home should knock off the Dockers
Dylan Clark in for a job on Fyfe?
With No Hamling and no Pearce, Smack could cause big headaches for them up forward.
Agree that if we Curb Fyfe's influence we should win comfortably by 4 to 5 goals.

Dylan Clark in for a job on Fyfe?
With No Hamling and no Pearce, Smack could cause big headaches for them up forward.
Curb Fyfe's influence and its job done.

We used Ambrose on Fyfe last year, don’t think Clarke would be strong enough in the air to stay with him when he drifts forward, whereas Ambrose has the height and size to play on him.

We used Ambrose on Fyfe last year, don’t think Clarke would be strong enough in the air to stay with him when he drifts forward, whereas Ambrose has the height and size to play on him.
Yes, would be happy for Rambrose to take Fyfe. Just as long as we don't let him run around doing whatever he wants or ffs play Langers on him!

Yeah maybe we could try Ambrose on Fyfe again - problem is we really need him down back where he is so good 1 on 1 and Hooker forward...unless we ask someone like Langford/Laverde to start forward and play tall instead of Hooker....possible I guess. Getting bloody pumped its only 5 weeks to go..!!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting interstate again? Injury-riddled pre-season. So we can just expect another start to the season with a whimper. I suppose it ends up easier to deal with the many false dawns we had a decade ago!
We're home. Couldn't sum my feelings towards this season up much better
Freo
Marvel
Missing our bookends and #1 ruck

We're home. Couldn't sum my feelings towards this season up much better
Freo
Marvel
Missing our bookends and #1 ruck
We have bookends, they're just not the cast iron ones. They're the ones made of pine that I made in Shop A, with the gaps where you can see nail.

I still think we'll win round one. They'll be missing Hamling, Hogan, maybe Mundy. We'll have the capacity to run Ambrose with Fyfe again. Incidentally, when you consider how conservative Worsfold is, I wonder if that change for that game was a Rutten thing. Bodes well if so.

Ridley BZT Francis
Saad Hurley Redman
Smith Heppell Merrett
McKenna McKernan Fantasia
Tippa Stringer Langford
Phillips Shiel Parish
McGrath Zaka Cutler Townsend

assuming we don't rush Hooker back in.
Langford gets a game before Ambrose and Gleeson?

Ridley BZT Francis
Saad Hurley Redman
Smith Heppell Merrett
McKenna McKernan Fantasia
Tippa Stringer Langford
Phillips Shiel Parish
McGrath Zaka Cutler Townsend

assuming we don't rush Hooker back in.

At this stage, it’s not far off the mark. I would say Ambrose over BZT for now. Laverde has had a huge preseason and with no Daniher you can almost guarantee he plays forward (as long as he makes it pay Geelong in the preseason). Gleeson over Ridley at this stage.

Gleeson Ambrose Francis
Redman Hurley Saad
Merrett Heppell Smith
Stringer McKernan McKenna
Fantasia Laverde Tipungwuti
Phillips Shiel McGrath
Parish Zaharakis Townsend Ridley (if they still go with the 7 defenders)

It’s not great, should be good enough to beat Freo and Carlton. However, without Daniher and a fully fit Hooker, the 2 away games to Syd and Adel will struggle. GWS at Marvel will be huge. I see us 2-3 heading to ANZAC day.

At this stage, it’s not far off the mark. I would say Ambrose over BZT for now. Laverde has had a huge preseason and with no Daniher you can almost guarantee he plays forward (as long as he makes it pay Geelong in the preseason). Gleeson over Ridley at this stage.

Gleeson Ambrose Francis
Redman Hurley Saad
Merrett Heppell Smith
Stringer McKernan McKenna
Fantasia Laverde Tipungwuti
Phillips Shiel McGrath
Parish Zaharakis Townsend Ridley (if they still go with the 7 defenders)

It’s not great, should be good enough to beat Freo and Carlton. However, without Daniher and a fully fit Hooker, the 2 away games to Syd and Adel will struggle. GWS at Marvel will be huge. I see us 2-3 heading to ANZAC day.
I don't think Ridley is in the starting 22. He was well off the pace in the VFL last year, as they moved him around to try and find some form. Langford has runs on the board already.

Going to be fascinating to see what happens if all our biggish backs are fit. Gonna be an unlucky player or two if Hooker, Hurley, Ambrose, Francis and BZT are all fit and playing well. Hooker forward is obviously an option, but the next three are of similar size, meaning in the event of Hooker forward, BZT might need to take his spot. I’d like to see Hurley, Ambrose and Francis all play, but I’m not sure it happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back