Strategy Starting Bombers VFL team prediction 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
Trying to work out what our round 1 VFL team might look like. I've come up with;-

McQuillan Guccionne Cahill
Guelfi McBride Mutch
Ham Clarke Hird
Langford Stewart Mosquito
Snelling Jones Begley

Bryan Hibberd A.Heppell

Bench from: Simpson Sheahan Derksen L.McKenna Barton

Any VFL watchers see it differently - have I missed anyone?

Cheers and go Dons!

Trying to work out what our round 1 VFL team might look like. I've come up with;-

McQuillan Guccionne Cahill
Guelfi McBride Mutch
Ham Clarke Hird
Langford Stewart Mosquito
Snelling Jones Begley

Bryan Hibberd A.Heppell

Bench from: Simpson Sheahan Derksen L.McKenna Barton

Any VFL watchers see it differently - have I missed anyone?

Cheers and go Dons!

I like it - great to see Hird’s name there!
Not sure Stewart or Hibberd will be right for round 1 but they shouldn’t be too far away. Who is Guccioni you’ve named at full back?

We've signed Fletcher Roberts and Hugh Haysman, as well as the fact Josh Iacobaccio is training with us and has had a good pre-season. I'm not sure who we've retained from last year but those three would be high up on my list.
I like it - great to see Hird’s name there!
Not sure Stewart or Hibberd will be right for round 1 but they shouldn’t be too far away. Who is Guccioni you’ve named at full back?
Hibberd will be fit for the last practice match. Guccione played a few games last year, cousin of Chris.

We've signed Fletcher Roberts and Hugh Haysman, as well as the fact Josh Iacobaccio is training with us and has had a good pre-season. I'm not sure who we've retained from last year but those three would be high up on my list.

Hibberd will be fit for the last practice match. Guccione played a few games last year, cousin of Chris.

Thanks for that eth-dog. Yes I've heard good things about Iacobaccio - great to hear Hibberd is over his injury.
What sort of players are Fletcher Roberts and Haysman and where will they most likely play?

Thanks for that eth-dog. Yes I've heard good things about Iacobaccio - great to hear Hibberd is over his injury.
What sort of players are Fletcher Roberts and Haysman and where will they most likely play?
Roberts is the flag winning full back for the Dogs? Haysman is a winger from West Adelaide and great mates with Snelling and Franga apparently

What would your VFL starting team look like right now eth-dog?
I'd wait until they finalise the list which will probably be early next week honestly.

Okay, assuming we still have Lockyer training with us, if we were to have a scratch match against whoever this week I'd be looking at something like:

FB: Martin Gleeson, Fletcher Roberts, Nick Bryan
HB: Ross McQuillan, Cian McBride, Tom Hird
MF: Kobe Mutch, Dylan Clarke, Brayden Ham
HF: Ned Cahill, Harrison Jones, Conor McKenna
FF: Irving Mosquito, James Stewart, Henry Crauford
OB: Andrew Phillips, Josh Begley, Mitchell Hibberd
IC: Nigel Lockyer, Hugh Haysman, Josh Iaccobaccio, Aaron Heppell
IC: Liam McKenna, Danny Younan, Kurt Aylett, Josh Kemp

I have no idea whether or not Younan or Aylett are still with us but I threw them in hoping that they would be. Italicised obviously VFL listed players. Of the players listed I think Gleeson, Clarke, Ham, McKenna, Stewart, Phillips, Begley and Hibberd would be at least baseline solid performers in the seniors.

Okay, assuming we still have Lockyer training with us, if we were to have a scratch match against whoever this week I'd be looking at something like:

FB: Martin Gleeson, Fletcher Roberts, Nick Bryan
HB: Ross McQuillan, Cian McBride, Tom Hird
MF: Kobe Mutch, Dylan Clarke, Brayden Ham
HF: Ned Cahill, Harrison Jones, Conor McKenna
FF: Irving Mosquito, James Stewart, Henry Crauford
OB: Andrew Phillips, Josh Begley, Mitchell Hibberd
IC: Nigel Lockyer, Hugh Haysman, Josh Iaccobaccio, Aaron Heppell
IC: Liam McKenna, Danny Younan, Kurt Aylett, Josh Kemp

I have no idea whether or not Younan or Aylett are still with us but I threw them in hoping that they would be. Italicised obviously VFL listed players. Of the players listed I think Gleeson, Clarke, Ham, McKenna, Stewart, Phillips, Begley and Hibberd would be at least baseline solid performers in the seniors.

I like the team - but haven't the reserves been scrapped this year because of Covid?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back