Starting Line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ok there lists are basically final at the moment for season 2002.
So what is everyons prefered starting line up (injuries excluded).

Here is mine.

FB Francis Brown Parker

HB McPhee Jones McPharlin

C Woods Bell Walker

HF Koops Pavlich Croad

FF Farmer Longmuir Waterhouse

Fol Simmonds Haselby Cook

Int Polak,McManus,Shipp,Carr

Probally left someone out but thats what I would like to see.

If were having problems down back Connolly shouldnt hesitate in shifting Croad and Pavlich down there and bringing McPharlin and Brown into the forward line.
If the midfield is taking a hammering I would put Farmer in there and pull Koops out of there. Francis can also be thrown into the middle.

Ruck division is a little light on but if simmonds is taking a battering Woods can always be thrown in there.And as a last resort we can put Justin Longmuir in there or Brown.

Looks like a top 8 side, but hey I wouldnt be sabre if I didnt belive that.
Anyway what do everyone else want the team to look like.

Originally posted by sabre_ac

Ruck division is a little light on but if simmonds is taking a battering Woods can always be thrown in there.And as a last resort we can put Justin Longmuir in there or Brown.

that looked pretty good to me
but what i can't get over is the fact you said brown as a last resort in the ruck now are you talking about leigh brown or andrew browne (i think)
leigh brown is not made for rucking duties woods i can understand and j.lo but i'd put trent croad in the ruck before i put leigh brown in there

Not a bad effort Sabre. I'm stoked that we can name such a great side, who would have predicted that lineup back in the mid 2001 season.

I certainly agree with dockerbabe on putting J Lo in the ruck before Brown. Don't forget that we have a number of forward options now and we could probably shift one out with less impact than a backman, besides which Longmuir can ruck pretty well too, unlike Brown.

My only other criticism is that Walker and Woods in the centre at the same time is risky, both these guys have yet to prove themselves in this position. Who else we could name there is another question, some names could be Macca or Francis, and Carr as a real smokey.

Lastly, I hope you are right in picking McPharlin too, the cynics seem to think his injuries are too severe for 2002

Originally posted by sabre_ac
Ok there lists are basically final at the moment for season 2002.
So what is everyons prefered starting line up (injuries excluded).

Here is mine.

FB Francis Brown Parker

HB McPhee Jones McPharlin

C Woods Bell Walker

HF Koops Pavlich Croad

FF Farmer Longmuir Waterhouse

Int Polak,McManus,Shipp,Carr

Probally left someone out but thats what I would like to see.

If were having problems down back Connolly shouldnt hesitate in shifting Croad and Pavlich down there and bringing McPharlin and Brown into the forward line.
If the midfield is taking a hammering I would put Farmer in there and pull Koops out of there. Francis can also be thrown into the middle.

Looks like a top 8 side, but hey I wouldnt be sabre if I didnt belive that.
Anyway what do everyone else want the team to look like.

I like the look of your lineup sabre, but I think McPharlin should be developed into a key position defender at CHB, due to the fact that he is 7cm taller and much more athletic than Jones. I also think that Carr should be playing off a half back flank, rather than coming off the bench.

The investment of Polak as a FF will allow Longmuir to develop as a ruckman, which is vital considering the retirement of Michael.

I think that Haddrill could also be included in a back pocket and Cunningham could come of the interchange as a half forward flanker. Haddrill showed his potential with his 20+ possessions in three quarters off a back pocket against hawthorn in round 18, and Cunningham showed his worth kicking 3 goals (if my memory is correct) in the first half against Adelaide in round 22.

The only thing that I can be critical of about our lineup for next year is that we don't have many tall, athletic midfielders. This is something for Connolly to think about between now and next years national draft.

Ok ill try and make the appropriate changes.

FB Carr Brown Parker

HB McPhee McPharlin Jones

C Francis Bell Walker

HF Koops Pavlich Waterhouse

FF Farmer Longmuir Croad

Int Polak,McManus,Shipp,Woods

Ok what do people think of that line up then.
I am not putting Longmuir in the ruck as I think he is far better in the forward line.

what about T Longmiur? Personally, i think hes one of the classier players in the side, and provides good run from half back. He has a good leap and can also kick the ball long and accurate.

Heres my side.

FB: Jones Brown McPhee
HB: T.Longmiur McPharlin Parker
C: Francis Bell Carr
HF: Croad Pavlich Koops
F: Farmer Waterhouse J.Longmiur
R: Simmonds Hasleby Cook

I: Polak, Woods, Walker, McManus

E: Toia, Kickett, Fewster

I think with this half back line, we have a fair bit of run which we have been lacking.

Toia is an interesting one. When fully fit, he could probably make our best 22 and add some needed pace. He is similar to Walker, but with more skill I believe.

ken

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back