State Association 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because a team finished the season on top ...doesnt always reflect how good teams were....from what i saw last year.. Coorparoo seems to be the team everyone hating playing...Also helps they have players from Mt gravatt coming back from time to time...i.e Morrison, Savage .

Scottsdale Drive ? How are the boys from you end of the highway preparing for 2012? think you will put up more of a show away from home?

We loved playing Coorparoo stanley - beat them twice last year, both home and away...

we are looking alright stanley - seem to think you know a fair bit about the comp and its teams for a casual observer - remind us all again why dont you pull on the boots?

UQ were a good team..i dont think anyone is doubting that.
My point is great teams seem to intimendate the others.
I dont think uni had that . age of players defs a factor.

I stand corrected Scottsdale. I didnt see that on the fixtures. well done to your club. Are yous guys working closing with southport no doubt ?

player or spectator matter?

hey Guys

New to Brisbane an looking for a new club to call home, is anyone here familiar with the ammo's in Melbourne, and could give me a bit of a standard equivalent to C grade. Looking for a club that has a good social side and looking to win more than the lose around the south brissy vicinity.

if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

hey Guys

New to Brisbane an looking for a new club to call home, is anyone here familiar with the ammo's in Melbourne, and could give me a bit of a standard equivalent to C grade. Looking for a club that has a good social side and looking to win more than the lose around the south brissy vicinity.

Hey mate Kenmore was a good club and it is definately an up and coming side that will do well in 2012. plus they are a good bunch of blokes nice and easy to get a long with.

hey Guys

You should be looking at in no particular order Yeronga, Kenmore, Coorparoo, in Div2 there's Griffith mooroka. But at present they don't fit your Win more then they lose category. Yeronga made the semi's this year, have the best faciclities. Kenmore are up and coming went from wooden spooners to just missing the top5 this year. Coorparoo reigning premiers.

You should be looking at in no particular order Yeronga, Kenmore, Coorparoo, in Div2 there's Griffith mooroka. But at present they don't fit your Win more then they lose category. Yeronga made the semi's this year, have the best faciclities. Kenmore are up and coming went from wooden spooners to just missing the top5 this year. Coorparoo reigning premiers.

University is in that area as well. Offers the widest range of playing standard with teams in Division 1 and 2. The Division 1 teams were both minor premiers, with the Seniors going down in the Grand Final and the Reserves winning the flag. The Division 2 teams are still settling in after promoting from Division 3, but will be around the finals mark next season. Across all of the teams the club is full of great young blokes.

There have also been strong rumours that huge developments are going to take place in the near future at the Uni AFL Oval including redevelopment of the playing surface and construction of new facilities including a second set of changerooms, a large function room and a strength and conditioning centre for elite sports.

By the sounds of it! Papplepop is a uni Boy!
Obviously the uni would be funding all these upgrades ?

it really depends where abouts in south brisbane you are living...there is obviously yeronga cooparoo in south brisbane i would class kenmore as a northside team? there is also Wynumm and Alex hills out on the bayside.

Any news on the comp this year. kedron and robina still playing in div 1 ?
I heard rumors there was supposed to be a promotion system going from div 2 ??

By the sounds of it! Papplepop is a uni Boy!
Obviously the uni would be funding all these upgrades ?

it really depends where abouts in south brisbane you are living...there is obviously yeronga cooparoo in south brisbane i would class kenmore as a northside team? there is also Wynumm and Alex hills out on the bayside.

Any news on the comp this year. kedron and robina still playing in div 1 ?
I heard rumors there was supposed to be a promotion system going from div 2 ??

I'm certainly not trying to hide that. I'm proud of the culture at Uni and it is something that the whole club prides itself on. So much so that in Div 2 we had a couple of guys who came down to the club at the beginning of 2011 and were actively encouraged not to return next year because they weren't appropriate to have representing us.

I don't think that the promotion system is a yearly thing. From what I heard AFLQ needed to balance the numbers between the divisions and that's why Robina and Kedron went up last year. Beyond that I think that a club has to ask AFLQ if they want to promote/relegate and then show cause to allow AFLQ to assess their application.

I'm certainly not trying to hide that. I'm proud of the culture at Uni and it is something that the whole club prides itself on. So much so that in Div 2 we had a couple of guys who came down to the club at the beginning of 2011 and were actively encouraged not to return next year because they weren't appropriate to have representing us.

I don't think that the promotion system is a yearly thing. From what I heard AFLQ needed to balance the numbers between the divisions and that's why Robina and Kedron went up last year. Beyond that I think that a club has to ask AFLQ if they want to promote/relegate and then show cause to allow AFLQ to assess their application.

I don't think we've seen the last of the infamous one. I have no doubt he'll be lurking around from time to time ;)

Thanks for the suggestions lads. Think i might give Yeronga a go.
Any Yeronga boys on here with some contact details for me to have a chat?

Good footy club yeronga!
Seem to have alot of mature players...anyone else agree with that ??

Funny i just looked on there website.
training only 1 night a week! SKILLS ONLY!

What are other clubs doing!
Spoke to a mate from work last week he reckons Alex have been training 2 nights a week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good footy club yeronga!
Seem to have alot of mature players...anyone else agree with that ??

Funny i just looked on there website.
training only 1 night a week! SKILLS ONLY!

What are other clubs doing!
Spoke to a mate from work last week he reckons Alex have been training 2 nights a week?

I never saw much point in doing much pre-season training before the Xmas break. With the amount of Alcohol and Crap Food I eat over the break all my hard pre-xmas stuff was worthless.

Hey Stanley Steamer & Watson10! Thanks for the endorsements of Yeronga. Leading up to Christmas, we are only training as a group on Thursday nights - aside from that, lots of blokes are either playing in the AFL9's comps, or doing their own individual work.

In N Under, you are very welcome to come along to our training sessions. We will always welcome new players to the Club. I'm sure you will be rapt with the facilities you see. We are located at Cansdale Street, Yeronga - training from 6pm each Thursday prior to Xmas. Feel free to send me a private message if you need further details.

Hey Stanley Steamer & Watson10! Thanks for the endorsements of Yeronga. Leading up to Christmas, we are only training as a group on Thursday nights - aside from that, lots of blokes are either playing in the AFL9's comps, or doing their own individual work.

In N Under, you are very welcome to come along to our training sessions. We will always welcome new players to the Club. I'm sure you will be rapt with the facilities you see. We are located at Cansdale Street, Yeronga - training from 6pm each Thursday prior to Xmas. Feel free to send me a private message if you need further details.

good club just missing a bar these days. will be very nice once you get that up and running again.

Fair call, oldschoolfooty. It has been no fun working under marquee tents! The Yeronga Room (the surviving building post-flood) is almost complete - & then we will work on landscaping to make the area more comfortable & attractive. A bar & extra facilities will definitely be available for the start of the season.

Any news from around the clubs? I've heard Alex hills amongst others have been very active in recruitment with a few big names being whispered to have been approached/locked down for season 2012... Has anyone else heard any rumors that they wanna throw out for the forums discussion?

i may have heard a dirty rumor that a few of Noosa FC players could be jumping on the panthers bandwagon! didnt get any names and not familar with there comp..

would love to know any names that alex have locked in. ??? red lion ?

i may have heard a dirty rumor that a few of Noosa FC players could be jumping on the panthers bandwagon! didnt get any names and not familar with there comp..

would love to know any names that alex have locked in. ??? red lion ?

Yeah it's probably just a rumour at this stage but I have heard they have had a pretty big crack at securing David lillico from morningside... Would be a huge signing if they can pull it off. Would be a huge step down for him and only a game fee north of 500 a game would make it worth his while I reckon! As I said, rumours are rife this time of year and everyone should take every whisper they hear with a grain of salt I would suspect...

david liilco. is a former cub junior i do think. correct me i if i am wrong. would half make sense in that respect i guess. but yeah a game fee of 500. might be a problem. still think he would tear most midfields apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back