STATE GAME: QLD vs WA, TOWNSVILLE

Remove this Banner Ad

Qld have named 26 man squad for the game this Saturday.

BROADBEACH: Mitch ANDREWS, Wade DICKSON, Dayne ZORKO
LABRADOR: Justin MADDERN, Aaron SHATTOCK
MORNINGSIDE: Kent ABEY, Jacob GOUGH, Nathan KINCH, David LILLICO (subject to tribunal appearance), Adam SPACKMAN
MT.GRAVATT: Rohan BAIL, Sam CAIRNS, Ash EVANS, Rory LAKE, Shane MORRISON, Tom TARRANT, Darryl WHITE
SOUTHPORT: Jason BURGE, Daniel HAWKINS, Darren O'BRIEN, Brett SINCLAIR
SUNCOAST: Scott CLOUSTON
ZILLMERE: Nikos KEIM, Austin LUCY, Matthew PAYNE, Shaun TAPP

Don't think Qld will win, but looking at the WA squad it should be a competitive match.

i suppose you only hope for a competitive performance ... if they come within a couple of goals thats probably enough to make the other State Leagues realise that our comp is alot stronger than they assume. i saw the game down at Carrara a few years back, QLD were right in it 3qrt time and WA kicked away and made the score look far less respectable than what the game actually was.

the sandgropers will be to strong in this one. last time they played, back in 2002. wa put 20+ goals past qld and though i might be told off by most of the people i know footy up here. i reckon they will put more qld on the weekend. the legues are just to far apart in quality footy. but its good a traditional state like wa are playing against qld. one last thing the last time qld played wa. the sandgropers won by 10 goals sorry about that

although its hard to say until this weekend, but i dont think the two leagues are as far apart as they used to be, certainly the standard of play has noticably lifted this year so that will account for something. i still agree that WA will probably be too strong ... but i do expect a good contest.

the sandgropers will be to strong in this one. last time they played, back in 2002. wa put 20+ goals past qld and though i might be told off by most of the people i know footy up here. i reckon they will put more qld on the weekend. the legues are just to far apart in quality footy. but its good a traditional state like wa are playing against qld. one last thing the last time qld played wa. the sandgropers won by 10 goals sorry about that
You sit there and gloat about how good WA is. Qld will put up a very good effort and I dont think a 10 goal difference will be happening this time. Have watched a fair bit of WAFL this year and last year on Fox and you talk about traditional state, WA would get flogged by VFL. In fact the VAFA which is ammos footy play the WAFL and sometimes they beat them. WAFL, shmoful not what it once was and never will be again. Have a look at both AFL teams coming out of WA at present they are a joke. You Sandgroppers need to pull your head out of the mud oh sorry the sand and take an honest look at your very weak standard of footy over there. It is going backwards. At least in QLD we are moving forward and are improving all the time. Hope QLD prove you wrong smart ar.e:thumbsu:

You sit there and gloat about how good WA is. Qld will put up a very good effort and I dont think a 10 goal difference will be happening this time. Have watched a fair bit of WAFL this year and last year on Fox and you talk about traditional state, WA would get flogged by VFL. In fact the VAFA which is ammos footy play the WAFL and sometimes they beat them. WAFL, shmoful not what it once was and never will be again. Have a look at both AFL teams coming out of WA at present they are a joke. You Sandgroppers need to pull your head out of the mud oh sorry the sand and take an honest look at your very weak standard of footy over there. It is going backwards. At least in QLD we are moving forward and are improving all the time. Hope QLD prove you wrong smart ar.e:thumbsu:

this is local footy not the afl. there league is stronger than ours. have you watched any of the velocity sport cup in the past few years. i hope qld do well. i just cant see it happening

QUEENSLAND TEAM

B:
Nathan KINCH (Morn), Tom TARRANT (Mt.G), Scott CLOUSTON (SCL)
HB: Adam SPACKMAN (Morn), Shane MORRISON (Mt.G), Darryl WHITE (Mt.G)
C: Daniel HAWKINS (S'Port), Ash EVANS (Mt.G), Sam CAIRNS (Mt.G)
HF: Aaron SHATTOCK (Lab), Jacob GOUGH (Morn), Rohan BAIL (Mt.G)
F: Dayne ZORKO (Broad), Kent ABEY (Morn), Justin MADDERN (Lab)
R: Mitch ANDREWS (Broad), David LILLICO (Morn), Matthew PAYNE (Zill)
INT: Jason BURGE (S'Port), Wade DICKSON (Broad), Darren O'BRIEN (S'Port), Shaun TAPP (Zill), D.WISE (S'Port)

WA FINAL SQUAD

CLAREMONT:
Ian RICHARDSON
EAST FREMANTLE: Andrew McCARREY
EAST PERTH: Andrew MERRINGTON
PEEL: Simon ROSA, Hayden BALLANTYNE, Zac BEECK
PERTH: Ross YOUNG, Scott SIEKIERKA, Jarrod KAYLER-THOMPSON,
SOUTH FREMANTLE: Toby McGRATH (C)
SUBIACO: Blake BROADHURST, Aidan PARKER, Luke NEWICK, Darren RUMBLE, Kyal HORSLEY, Ben KEEVERS, Greg BROUGHTON, Shaun HILDEBRANDT, Adam COCKIE, Phil READ
SWAN DISTRICTS: Brett ROBINSON
WEST PERTH: Jason SALECIC, Brent LeCRAS

R: Mitch ANDREWS (Broad), David LILLICO (Morn), Matthew PAYNE (Zill)

good to see AFLQ making up the rules as they go along ...

i was there ... brief over view ... great start from QLD but when you looked at the scoring shots you could tell that WA were gonna get on top when they started kicking straight. QLD were obviously worried about Hayden Ballentyne blowing them away so they always had a man on him, tho that opened the door for Ian Richardson who kicked 5 in the 2nd quarter. from then on QLD put up a fight but were just outclassed. WA ran the ball out of defence brilliantly and found alot of maroons just watching them to do it. an interesting point was that both teams went with some quality little men ... but the big difference was the strength of the WA guys ... they may have been quick and skillful like the QLD boys ... but they also had the ability to out muscle them. although it was a blow out, it was still a good quality and entertaining contest, the crowd on the grand stand side provided a great atmosphere not to mention the standard drunk West Aus supporters on the grassy knole on the opposite side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back