Workshop State League Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Redland also wear white so I assumed they would. I've seen photos of Redland wearing one against them but not the other way round.

I did end up finding this but it's obviously an old photo.
Screech_336_1_01.jpg
footy(2).jpg
neafl-rd5-eastlake-vs-southport-26-april-2014-0100.jpg

looks like they do (see their website & Google images). I've seen an image from 1999 where they had this jumper

I don't think Southport have an away guernsey - I just looked through the NEAFL clash jumper document from 2015 that I have and every other team has one but them. Although I'd imagine it would be just an inverse if they did have one but I've never seen it.

What jumper? That's just their home jumper.

image.jpeg Here is the Canberra Demons guernsey - they've gone for predominantly blue with a stylized version of the iconic Parliament House flag pole. They'll wear Eastlake guernseys away.

I don't think Southport have an away guernsey - I just looked through the NEAFL clash jumper document from 2015 that I have and every other team has one but them.
Seems like it. I only wanted to know for the AFL Live mods I'm doing anyway.

When they announced the name they said they'd be sticking with Eastlake's jumper for away. Which didn't make much sense at the time and frankly still doesn't!
Yeh i remember seeing that. But they were playing away to Redland, i dunno what to believe! the club doesnt help, they dont post much

When they announced the name they said they'd be sticking with Eastlake's jumper for away. Which didn't make much sense at the time and frankly still doesn't!
It's kinda like what the Northern Blues did when they moved from the Northern Bullants. And was a great example of finding a suitable non-white clash jumper in red.
Actually that was a home game now that I look it up. Gungahlin Oval = Canberra.
Gunghalin Oval doesn't seem like the right place for Eastlake to host games, the stadium / stands is so far back from the grounds, it would be very annoying to watch. Why could not they have just put the rugby field directly on top of the AFL ground, instead of offshooting abit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gunghalin Oval doesn't seem like the right place for Eastlake to host games, the stadium / stands is so far back from the grounds, it would be very annoying to watch. Why could not they have just put the rugby field directly on top of the AFL ground, instead of offshooting abit?

Well it looks like a one time venue. Rest of their home fixtures are down as Manuka.

sturt-1976premiership-guernsey_websale.jpg

Sturt shop Nelsonteamwear have a pre-order on 1976 Heritage Guernseys. No idea if its going to be used in the season, particularly against you know who. I do like the fake laceup.
I hope they do use it. They went through that period of using slightly different ones each year, but then I think they did a couple that were just for fans?

I hope they do use it. They went through that period of using slightly different ones each year, but then I think they did a couple that were just for fans?
There was a fan guernsey a while back that was the original navy blue with lighter blue middle stripe - I think for the 1915 premiership - so this might just be for the fans as well.

There was a fan guernsey a while back that was the original navy blue with lighter blue middle stripe - I think for the 1915 premiership - so this might just be for the fans as well.
They should use that as a clash/inverse vs WWT or North

Didn't they use that one in a match? I know they used the gradient one in a match, but I thought the hoopy one was used as well.
They should use that as a clash/inverse vs WWT or North
WWT and North.. the teams the Blues clash with the LEAST? :D

Better contrast.

SANFL does need an away/clash policy though.

Eg the SANFL crows wore navy shorts vs WWT who were also in blue shorts yet South and Sturt would wear white shorts vs WWT.

I looked into this after Sunderland wore their yellow at Newcastle in that game, which I think was the first time either wore a clash kit in the game.

Apparently the away team strip is always at the choice of the referee... not sure how accurate that is but its what all the references seemed to say, Sunderland fans were quite vocal about it.

Most of the time there's no real debate as it's just common sense... but apparently in that case the ref requested Sunderland wear yellow. Now clash strips seem to feture regularly.

Didn't they use that one in a match? I know they used the gradient one in a match, but I thought the hoopy one was used as well.

Dont know if the hoop was ever used in a match - I don't keep up with Sturt matches as much as I would like over here in Throwball territory.
This is a thumbnail that was still on the Sturt FC website under merchandise - no longer for sale unfortunately.
sturt_navy-heritage-guernsey_SGH-001.jpg

Last edited:
Dont know if the hoop was ever used in a match - I don't keep up with Sturt matches as much as I would like over here in Throwball territory.
This is a thumbnail that was still on the Sturt FC website under merchandise - no longer for sale unfortunately.
View attachment 235684
From my vault:
upload_2016-4-14_21-28-31.png upload_2016-4-14_21-29-10.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back