Discussion State League Guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice try with with collar, the the logo is wrong and far too small. That massive team list is shockin, should be a 6th of the size between the collar and monogram. And surely Lexus would be moved to the chest for a commemorative match.

That Claremont jumper looks like the sponsors board at a country footy club's rooms. You know how they'll list the useless back pockets plumbing company, the pub, the sparkies, and then have the glamorous major sponsor (usually a Retravision or Holden dealership) in prominence at the bottom? And the club name and insignia at the top? It's just like they've taken a photo of one of those and just printed that onto the material.

South Adelaide will be wearing a one-off heritage guernsey against Port on the weekend and it is absolutely beautiful.
image.jpg image.jpg

The following info is from the members email. The move by the sponsor to forego their branding rights is fantastic.
*cough* Claremont *cough*

"The guernsey acknowledges and celebrates the 50th Anniversary of the premiership won in the 1964 season. It has the 1964 team in playing position on the back of the jumper together with the 1964 50th Anniversary emblem on both front and back of the guernsey.

You will notice that in order for this guernsey to be as authentic as possible on the day our major partners in Angas Securities, Flinders University and also Vilis have agreed to forego their branding rights to the club’s guernsey for this game. As such this guernsey does not have sponsor branding on it in keeping with the look of all guernseys of the 60’s era."

South Adelaide will be wearing a one-off heritage guernsey against Port on the weekend and it is absolutely beautiful.
View attachment 70661 View attachment 70662

The following info is from the members email. The move by the sponsor to forego their branding rights is fantastic.

"The guernsey acknowledges and celebrates the 50th Anniversary of the premiership won in the 1964 season. It has the 1964 team in playing position on the back of the jumper together with the 1964 50th Anniversary emblem on both front and back of the guernsey.

You will notice that in order for this guernsey to be as authentic as possible on the day our major partners in Angas Securities, Flinders University and also Vilis have agreed to forego their branding rights to the club’s guernsey for this game. As such this guernsey does not have sponsor branding on it in keeping with the look of all guernseys of the 60’s era."
Absolutely mint.

Hey I reckon that the Guernseys would look better in WA without 5 odd sponsorships, but the fact is WA clubs have to fight harder for money as they don't have pokies. A trip to Glenelg footy club in 2012 opened my eyes, what a disgrace they are to footy clubs as well as civilization.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey I reckon that the Guernseys would look better in WA without 5 odd sponsorships, but the fact is WA clubs have to fight harder for money as they don't have pokies. A trip to Glenelg footy club in 2012 opened my eyes, what a disgrace they are to footy clubs as well as civilization.
And they're still s**t.

Every week SAFC usually run out with a guernsey/short combo with 6 different sponsors on them. Not including league and apparel sponsor logos.
Pokies have nothing to do with the Panthers' sponsors foregoing their branding for one week.
image.jpg

Looks amazing. I wish more sponsors would "forego their branding rights".

East Perth put this on their Facebook page today. It's one of 3 designs that include 'Royals' script on one, and the official logo on another

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 109
Sorry to 'bump' the thread - but des anyone have high-res logos for Woodville Peckers, Woodville Warriors and WT Eagles? Could anyone lead me in the right direction?

Sorry to 'bump' the thread - but des anyone have high-res logos for Woodville Peckers, Woodville Warriors and WT Eagles? Could anyone lead me in the right direction?

Highly doubt it as they'd have to be drawn by hand, given the logos weren't really around in the days of computers

Can't remember if we have a newer state leagues thread. Surely?

But I found this interesting from the weekend of VFL. Both teams wearing white shorts.

abqTP28.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back