Rickee

Team Captain
May 23, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Port Melbourne; Redan
The Saints probably have much more respect for Sandringham than Carlton have for the Bullants. Sandringham are going to wear a St. Kilda jumper for games at Moorabbin IIRC. But St. Kilda probably recognise that there are no direct benefits to having a reserves team with their own name, other than continuity.
It's not respect, it's that St Kilda can't get enough inside men on the board to make the full change to their guernsey and nickname. The second Melbourne, Carlton and Hawthorn infiltrated the board and got the numbers, they took over.
AFL Victoria couldn't care less about the almost 120 years the VFA were in operation, the fact Frankston forced their way back in after being kicked out would kill them, they want all of the old clubs to die or be taken over. If St kilda can't envelop Sandi, Coburg is next.

Fizzler

BBTB
Dec 26, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
BOLTS, REN, OKC, WFC, LVB, STORM
It's not respect, it's that St Kilda can't get enough inside men on the board to make the full change to their guernsey and nickname. The second Melbourne, Carlton and Hawthorn infiltrated the board and got the numbers, they took over.
AFL Victoria couldn't care less about the almost 120 years the VFA were in operation, the fact Frankston forced their way back in after being kicked out would kill them, they want all of the old clubs to die or be taken over. If St kilda can't envelop Sandi, Coburg is next.
Saints were meant to come in as their own side in 2015 but it's been delayed because AFL Vic reckons there's not enough licenses for teams, yet they're holding out hope for North Ballarat to get a license.

aCunningPlan

Premiership Player
Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
Saints were meant to come in as their own side in 2015 but it's been delayed because AFL Vic reckons there's not enough licenses for teams, yet they're holding out hope for North Ballarat to get a license.
Only because the state government is leaning on them quite heavily to help justify the new stadium.

Prison bar Pete

Premium Platinum
Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
https://www.safc.com.au/blog/south-adelaide-to-wear-1899-premiership-jumper-to-help-fight-mnd-
South Adelaide's Heritage jumper on 10/6/19:
"In Round 9 the Panthers will wear a guernsey to commemorate the 1899 Premiership win over Norwood while helping the fight on MND."
1559949866327.png

1559950327249.png
1559950005928.png

They look like real laces, but I'm not sure they actually work! I'd say they're printed on.

And apparently South Adelaide were nicknamed the Freshwaters back in 1899; gotta love those old time monickers.

caloschwaby

You Beauty
Jan 3, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Renegades, Packers
https://www.safc.com.au/blog/south-adelaide-to-wear-1899-premiership-jumper-to-help-fight-mnd-
South Adelaide's Heritage jumper on 10/6/19:
"In Round 9 the Panthers will wear a guernsey to commemorate the 1899 Premiership win over Norwood while helping the fight on MND."
View attachment 688582
View attachment 688586View attachment 688584
They look like real laces, but I'm not sure they actually work! I'd say they're printed on.

And apparently South Adelaide were nicknamed the Freshwaters back in 1899; gotta love those old time monickers.
Definitely printed on, but I love the attention to detail of leaving that loose lace hanging out. Really cool!

Rickee

Team Captain
May 23, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Port Melbourne; Redan
With the very addition of the numbers, the front of VFL clubs jumpers are becoming terribly cluttered and less aestetically pleasing. I can't imagine the GF jumpers looked great, they'd be more logo than design at this point.

Gibbke

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
South Launceston, Tassie Tigers
I like the front numbers! The WAFL for years was the only league which did it, and then North Launceston in Tassie did it for several years before the rest of the TSL joined in...

My big beef is massive sponsorship logos on the front. An ad should be a traditionally small patch over the heart, not cover up the entire stomach. Woodville/WT designed a reversible double heritage jumper last year or the year before, which was fantastic and something I might have bought if not for the massive logo ruining it on the front...

Rickee

Team Captain
May 23, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Port Melbourne; Redan
One of the Port Melbourne players shared a photo on instagram of the 2020 clash jumper, which is the same as 2019 apart from a different PMFC logo. No doubt it will be debuted in Sundays practice match Vs North at Arden St.

Front and back sponsors on both home and away strips are CFMEU.

The Victorian

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
One of the Port Melbourne players shared a photo on instagram of the 2020 clash jumper, which is the same as 2019 apart from a different PMFC logo. No doubt it will be debuted in Sundays practice match Vs North at Arden St.

Front and back sponsors on both home and away strips are CFMEU.
photo?

Remove this Banner Ad