Discussion State League Guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

ULTIMATE_WARRIOR

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2009
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lets see if we can get some of either the VFL, SANFL, WAFL or other state league team guernseys up. There are interesting designs in these leagues, some with alot of history and tradition.

No this does not mean Collingwoods VFL side, Geelongs or the Bendigo Bombers who share the same guernseys as their AFL partners. It would be great to see if anyone can post or re-create the guernseys up for teams such as Sandringham, Werribee, Williamstown, Box Hill, Port Magpies, Norwood, Sturt, Claremont, Peel Thunder, Perth or Southport just to name a few. A bit of research may be needed.

Re: VFL and State Leagues

For those wanting a list of jumper clones (Clubs that use the same jumper as an AFL club), here's one I compiled not too long ago:

Adelaide Crows:
-none

Brisbane Lions:
-Suncoast Lions (QAFL)

Carlton Blues:
-Campbelltown Blues (SAFL)

Collingwood Magpies:
-Swan Districts Swans (WAFL)
-Devonport Magpies (TSL)
-Glenorchy Magpies (TSL)
-Palmerston Magpies (NTFL)

Essendon Bombers:
-Bendigo Bombers (VFL)
-West Adelaide Bloods (SANFL)
-Perth Demons (WAFL)
-Lauderdale Bombers (TSL)
-North Launceston Bombers (TSL)
-Tiwi Islands Bombers (NTFL)
-Redland Bombers (QAFL)
-North Shore Bombers (SAFL)
-Eastlake Demons (AFLC)

Fremantle Dockers:
-Burnie Dockers (TFL)
-Balmain Dockers (SAFL)

Geelong Cats:
-Broadbeach Cats (QAFL)
-Lauderdale Bombers Away (TSL)

Hawthorn Hawks:
-none

Melbourne Demons:
-North Hobart Demons (TSL)

North Melbourne Kangaroos:
-Mt. Gravatt Vultures (QAFL)

Port Adelaide Power:
-none

Richmond Tigers:
-Glenelg Tigers (SANFL)
-Hobart Tigers (TSL)
-Nightcliff Tigers (NTFL)
-Labrador Tigers (QAFL)
-Queanbeyan Tigers (AFLC)

St. Kilda Saints:
-Southern Districts Crocs (NTFL)
-Morningside Panthers (QAFL)
-Ainslie Kangaroos (AFLC)

Sydney Swans:
-none

West Coast Eagles:
-East Coast Eagles (SAFL)

Western Bulldogs:
-South Launceston Bulldogs (TSL)

VFL = Victorian Football League
SANFL = South Australian National Football League
WAFL = Western Australian Football League
TSL = Tasmanian State League (Thanks Munts)
NTFL = Northern Territory Football League
QAFL = Queensland Australian Football League
SAFL = Sydney Australian Football League
AFLC = Australian Football League Canberra

Here are the existing WAFL guernseys. Only three of the nine teams have a clash guernsey.
(P.S. I have amended these to reflect the errors picked up by Smeagle. Cheers for that!)

Claremont Tigers (new jumper for 2010)
30thsow.png

East Fremantle Sharks
2q1xm6t.png

East Perth Royals
2whf0qp.png

Peel Thunder
29xz0o4.png

Perth Demons
2ut4zuu.png

South Fremantle Bulldogs
jtlb8k.png

Subiaco Lions
4hwayw.png

Swan Districts Swans
24qidzq.png

West Perth Falcons
2nivfxj.png

Haha well done PaulieG, I have also done all the WAFL team's current jumpers on a Sekem template that I will upload if anyone wants it.

Just a few inaccuracies I picked up on:

There are only 2 blue stripes on the back of EF's strip; and the "SHARKS" is written in Berthold City Bold font (the font used in most of the team logos)

Perth wear white shorts with their alternate strip (against PT, SD, S & C i believe).

The Mighty Subi Lions don't have a lion on the neck anymore; the collar & cuffs design on the home is also on the night/clash strip; and the SFC monogram on the home jumper has a thin white "shadow". I have a large bmp image of the SFC monogram if you would like it.

And I'm not sure if you've heard, but Claremont have a new design for 2010, which incorporates the famous gold sash with a navy new-style Carlton monogram inside it.
1843777558.jpg

It looks almost silly in that picture, and correct me if I'm wrong, but its seems that Claremont are using the late 90's-early 00's Carlton monogram, yet on this "clash" guernsey they're using the newer, smoother monogram.
Almost like Freo in the sense that there's different logos for different things.

Oh, and Smeagle, yeah I'll have the Sekem thanks :p
Are they still the league-wide manufacturer?
I believe it's "Kombat" for the VFL - I might get on to making the set.

It looks almost silly in that picture, and correct me if I'm wrong, but its seems that Claremont are using the late 90's-early 00's Carlton monogram, yet on this "clash" guernsey they're using the newer, smoother monogram.
Almost like Freo in the sense that there's different logos for different things.

Oh, and Smeagle, yeah I'll have the Sekem thanks :p
Are they still the league-wide manufacturer?
I believe it's "Kombat" for the VFL - I might get on to making the set.

Claremont have a history of being "copycats" (excuse the pun), with the sash idea, theme song and old Tiger logo taken from Richmond.

Yeah, if I were Carlton I would get my legal team onto this. Claremont jumped on the 98-05 monogram in 06 when the Blues got their new one... but this one is still being used by Carlton. Really poor IMO, Claremont had their own distinct CFC a few years back - what was wrong with that?

I think there is a bit of Subiaco from 2001 in this idea, trying to incorporate the old with the new. Not sure it works as well as the Lions' does.

Yes, Burley-Sekem are the league-wide manufacturer and ball brand for the WAFL.
Here is the Sekem template as it was in 2009, including the WAFL logos down the sides of the shorts. By the looks of that Claremont guernsey however, there might be a few teams dropping the neck bar this year (the collar/cuffs seem narrower and possibly of a polyester material, too).

I left the small 22 on the front as a guide to how much you need to copy, paste and resize your number for the front of the jumper. All clubs have this and the Belt Up logo on the chest, but their locations vary between designs (as PaulieG showed above). Carlton Draught is also on every team's shorts, so I left it there for convenience.

Thanks for the template Smeagle. What's the "belt up" sponsor for? I'm guessing maybe some sort of road safety thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the template Smeagle. What's the "belt up" sponsor for? I'm guessing maybe some sort of road safety thing?

You got it. Been on the jumpers for yonks, at least since the Westar Rules days.

Again, I'm doubting this for 2010 when looking at that Claremont strip. But it could be a prototype.

onyacoxy - I see you list Claremont as a team you support. Are you a member? Did you send that design to the club? They did state in the paper that there were many entries from the members of this ilk, hence why they changed it.

Otherwise, can you tell me next week's lotto numbers please? Thanks :thumbsu:

onyacoxy - I see you list Claremont as a team you support. Are you a member? Did you send that design to the club? They did state in the paper that there were many entries from the members of this ilk, hence why they changed it.

nah im not a member

that design was actually a carlton richmond merger jumper

Otherwise, can you tell me next week's lotto numbers please? Thanks :thumbsu:

4 8 15 16 23 and 42

Here's a Box Hill Hawks one I did on a VFL template which I created, basically an edit of Smeagle's V-neck template but with VFL, Kombat, and shorts logos.

16c8cc7.png

Yell out if you want the template.

Haha well done PaulieG, I have also done all the WAFL team's current jumpers on a Sekem template that I will upload if anyone wants it.

Just a few inaccuracies I picked up on:

There are only 2 blue stripes on the back of EF's strip; and the "SHARKS" is written in Berthold City Bold font (the font used in most of the team logos)

Perth wear white shorts with their alternate strip (against PT, SD, S & C i believe).

The Mighty Subi Lions don't have a lion on the neck anymore; the collar & cuffs design on the home is also on the night/clash strip; and the SFC monogram on the home jumper has a thin white "shadow". I have a large bmp image of the SFC monogram if you would like it.

And I'm not sure if you've heard, but Claremont have a new design for 2010, which incorporates the famous gold sash with a navy new-style Carlton monogram inside it.
1843777558.jpg

Hey Smeagle,

Thanks for picking up those errors in my WAFL guernseys. I have made the changes and updated my previous post (using your brilliant new WAFL template).

In relation to the font of the East Freo jumper, I do not have the Berthold City Bold font that you indicated, so I used a similar (free) version called Bookman Old Style. It's not perfect, but it's close.

Cheers also for the tips on the Subi and Perth guernseys. Coincidentally, I also just found out this morning that Claremont were changing their guernsey for 2010.

You said that you had already done the existing WAFL guernseys. I have also tried researching through old Footy Budgets and yearbooks to find a timeline of all WAFL guernseys, similar to what Mero has done for AFL guernseys.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
PaulieG

From another thread:
Bendigo
BendigoBombersNewJumper.png

Tiwi Islands
TiwiBombersKit.png

Redland
RedlandBombersKit.png

North Shore
NorthShoreBombersKit.png

Lauderdale
LauderdaleBombersKit.png

Eastlake
EastlakeFCkit.png

Would those be in relevance to all teams currently using the black with red sash?

I'm not 100% on what you mean but all those teams wear a black jumper with a red sash so I changed them to make them original designs. They're mostly based off their jumper/team name before they became partners with Essendon. In Bendigos case I based it off Bendigo bank like they did with their clash jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back