Discussion State League Guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't remember if we have a newer state leagues thread. Surely?

But I found this interesting from the weekend of VFL. Both teams wearing white shorts.

abqTP28.jpg
I believe it actually happened a few times last year as well, such as here against Sandringham
F18C124D-B470-49DE-9BE1-9519BFA2E2B3.png

Points of interest:

• That North jumper looks so strange with the skinny stripes and no sponsor
  • The Hawks jumper isn't made by Adidas?
  • Pies rolling with a white-based home?
  • Northern Blues going with the awful shield clash as their home... really?
Yeah wow, amazing that Blues jumper. What an insult. The old red Bullant top was a corker so wearing a two or three year old clash jumper as a home is... offensive. There's also no logo on the Bombers or Magpies jumpers which I think is a new addition. Or subtraction.

I'm telling you: Collingwood wanted to wear a white based jumper as their home this year. It seems really weird to add black to a jumper that's supposed to be white. It just seems like a very late decision from the AFL or perhaps the realisation/cold feet of wearing white shorts at home with it. The main bug bear I have is Collingwood no longer have a traditional strip in rotation – it's just the black 2000s one and then the hybrid, as opposed to the black and classic.

Last note, and on the Pies one... white base... black stripes... bright blue sponsor logo...

peter-daicos-of-the-magpies-in-action-during-the-round-19-afl-match-picture-id57518505

Points of interest:

box hill hawks by cgr
i was hoping norf to have a special vfl guerns

The only place I'd support Collingwood having a white jumper as home is in the VFL, it only makes sense. But don't bring it back for the AFL. The Black jumper looks so much cleaner with black shorts and our clash from last year makes our kit look superb. I'm okay with wearing it on occasions (maybe every time we verse Carlton) but it's just not visually pleasing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

White shorts as the home team in Aussie Rules should not be allowed, in my opinion. Also interested in any clash/away jumpers the clubs might have

Points of interest:

Nope, this is the back of that jumper. With a black middle stripe it's the best black jumper we've had and one I've wanted to see for a while. Hopefully a few come up on ebay at year's end.

upload_2018-4-9_20-39-21.png

Reminds me a bit of our late 1990s one:
hqdefault.jpg

163496.jpg

Last edited:
The only place I'd support Collingwood having a white jumper as home is in the VFL, it only makes sense. But don't bring it back for the AFL. The Black jumper looks so much cleaner with black shorts and our clash from last year makes our kit look superb. I'm okay with wearing it on occasions (maybe every time we verse Carlton) but it's just not visually pleasing.
What is wrong with you?? /s I'm anti-Pies as much as the next non-Collingwood fan but 100+ years of black stripes on white with black shorts is an icon of Australian sport, not just footy. It's a damn shame that there is no provision in the application of the rules that would allow the Pies to crack out this combo a couple of times a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back