Discussion State League Guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

The Saints probably have much more respect for Sandringham than Carlton have for the Bullants. Sandringham are going to wear a St. Kilda jumper for games at Moorabbin IIRC. But St. Kilda probably recognise that there are no direct benefits to having a reserves team with their own name, other than continuity.
It's not respect, it's that St Kilda can't get enough inside men on the board to make the full change to their guernsey and nickname. The second Melbourne, Carlton and Hawthorn infiltrated the board and got the numbers, they took over.
AFL Victoria couldn't care less about the almost 120 years the VFA were in operation, the fact Frankston forced their way back in after being kicked out would kill them, they want all of the old clubs to die or be taken over. If St kilda can't envelop Sandi, Coburg is next.

It's not respect, it's that St Kilda can't get enough inside men on the board to make the full change to their guernsey and nickname. The second Melbourne, Carlton and Hawthorn infiltrated the board and got the numbers, they took over.
AFL Victoria couldn't care less about the almost 120 years the VFA were in operation, the fact Frankston forced their way back in after being kicked out would kill them, they want all of the old clubs to die or be taken over. If St kilda can't envelop Sandi, Coburg is next.
Saints were meant to come in as their own side in 2015 but it's been delayed because AFL Vic reckons there's not enough licenses for teams, yet they're holding out hope for North Ballarat to get a license.

https://www.safc.com.au/blog/south-adelaide-to-wear-1899-premiership-jumper-to-help-fight-mnd-
South Adelaide's Heritage jumper on 10/6/19:
"In Round 9 the Panthers will wear a guernsey to commemorate the 1899 Premiership win over Norwood while helping the fight on MND."
View attachment 688582
View attachment 688586View attachment 688584
They look like real laces, but I'm not sure they actually work! I'd say they're printed on.

And apparently South Adelaide were nicknamed the Freshwaters back in 1899; gotta love those old time monickers.
Definitely printed on, but I love the attention to detail of leaving that loose lace hanging out. Really cool!

With the very addition of the numbers, the front of VFL clubs jumpers are becoming terribly cluttered and less aestetically pleasing. I can't imagine the GF jumpers looked great, they'd be more logo than design at this point.

With the very addition of the numbers, the front of VFL clubs jumpers are becoming terribly cluttered and less aestetically pleasing. I can't imagine the GF jumpers looked great, they'd be more logo than design at this point.
You should try watching a WAFL game

I like the front numbers! The WAFL for years was the only league which did it, and then North Launceston in Tassie did it for several years before the rest of the TSL joined in...

My big beef is massive sponsorship logos on the front. An ad should be a traditionally small patch over the heart, not cover up the entire stomach. Woodville/WT designed a reversible double heritage jumper last year or the year before, which was fantastic and something I might have bought if not for the massive logo ruining it on the front...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coburg have done well with their clash jumper imo

Coburg are one of the new ISC clubs for the VFL
[

Williamstown is also now with ISC

53dc2d76c0580b2a022ed4e95ecf4f50.jpg

One of the Port Melbourne players shared a photo on instagram of the 2020 clash jumper, which is the same as 2019 apart from a different PMFC logo. No doubt it will be debuted in Sundays practice match Vs North at Arden St.

Front and back sponsors on both home and away strips are CFMEU.

One of the Port Melbourne players shared a photo on instagram of the 2020 clash jumper, which is the same as 2019 apart from a different PMFC logo. No doubt it will be debuted in Sundays practice match Vs North at Arden St.

Front and back sponsors on both home and away strips are CFMEU.
photo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back