Sent from my Louis Vuitton Jaffle Maker

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
View attachment 1350399

Smithy’s Beer named the Naming Rights sponsor for the VFL this year unfortunately Coburg and Preston don’t actually play each other this year. Strange.

How the heck can two teams be in the same league and not play each other? Am I missing something?

How the heck can two teams be in the same league and not play each other? Am I missing something?
21 team competition with all the QLD and NSW teams coming in, but even then it's a 22 round comp so I'm not sure why they don't have all the standalone Vic sides at least getting a game against each other.

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
21 team competition with all the QLD and NSW teams coming in, but even then it's a 22 round comp so I'm not sure why they don't have all the standalone Vic sides at least getting a game against each other.

By all rights, everyone should play each other once then 🧐🧐

View attachment 1359683

Preston wearing the Red Guernsey vs Footscray tonight

Sure is good to have seen the past couple seasons after the Carlton-lite during their alignment. The VFA lives on in its own way.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Faux Heritage/Clash I'd say. They've had a black & red one in this design historically and as a Heritage jumper.
Westies 130th year this year and their first ever guernsey was Red & White as they wore on the weekend. Believe they were briefly Magenta and White before they changed to their Red and Black colours as an agreement to join the SAFA as to not clash with Port or North.

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
Westies 130th year this year and their first ever guernsey was Red & White as they wore on the weekend. Believe they were briefly Magenta and White before they changed to their Red and Black colours as an agreement to join the SAFA as to not clash with Port or North.
Yes, it's coming back to me now. I remember reading somewhere that they took on the black & red colours of the defunct Adelaide team.

jroam82

Team Captain
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

To follow up with a cool old pic in the link:

It also says 1892 heritage jumper on the jumper itself.

Back