You know, that looks quite clean. :thumbsupemoji:
It's reminding me of an old Socceroo colour combination I used to like:

IMG_2696.JPG IMG_2957.JPG

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC
I know _Damo_ would be celebrating after the Roosters drought-breaking victory today but hopefully, this makes his day that bit better. For years people have been advocating for a SANFL club to be based in the north-eastern suburbs of Adelaide. It started with Tony Zappia in 2009 who claimed a club should be based in the Tea Tree Gully and Golden Grove region.
When I first came across Bigfooty I was amazed when I saw Damo's SANFL 2025 portfolio and from that point, I've believed that the Woodsmen should be taking on Redlegs, Bloods and Roosters. Tea Tree Gully also won the Division 1 premiership in the Adelaide amateur league!
TTG Jumpers.png

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
I know _Damo_ would be celebrating after the Roosters drought-breaking victory today but hopefully, this makes his day that bit better. For years people have been advocating for a SANFL club to be based in the north-eastern suburbs of Adelaide. It started with Tony Zappia in 2009 who claimed a club should be based in the Tea Tree Gully and Golden Grove region.
When I first came across Bigfooty I was amazed when I saw Damo's SANFL 2025 portfolio and from that point, I've believed that the Woodsmen should be taking on Redlegs, Bloods and Roosters. Tea Tree Gully also won the Division 1 premiership in the Adelaide amateur league!
View attachment 562990

This is absolutely brilliant. I used to live in the Northeast suburbs and they really do need to have their own club. Our catchment area was North Adelaide but Prospect Oval was so far away. We were kind of straddled by Centrals, Port and North but no big ties to any.

_Damo_

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is absolutely brilliant. I used to live in the Northeast suburbs and they really do need to have their own club. Our catchment area was North Adelaide but Prospect Oval was so far away. We were kind of straddled by Centrals, Port and North but no big ties to any.
Agreed. And I've often argued we (people from Tea Tree Gully) are so far removed from all three clubs that neighbour us, and yet clubs like Norwood draw such a huge amount of talent from us they would never be able to survive another club being put here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Second expansion club comes from the Hills. Sturt may have claimed to be the team for the hills but not any more. Stepping out in their West Ham, Aston Villa esque claret and blue jumpers the Stallions are out on the march.
Hills Stallions.png

Wakai

Play me some of that $uicide Pimpin' man
Feb 28, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

Wild Kangaroo

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Fitzroy, AS Roma, Italy, Melb Storm
Time for the Redlegs. Their current jumper is clean but I saw room for improvement, so I added their monogram to the chest, 80s St. Kilda style.
I also redesigned all clubs logos that aren't in the circle format to a 'modernized' circle logo instead.
View attachment 560017
Love that Norwood design.
Go Redlegs

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
At last! Don't worry I'm not dead.
The third SANFL expansion club comes from the Riverland. Based out of Renmark and set up to play games in Berri and Keith. I resisted the urge to name them the Riverland Rovers, however, the white Kangaroo signifies their ambitious country identity to claim the area from Renmark to Bordertown. The roos are the country club!
Riverland Kangaroos.png

At last! Don't worry I'm not dead.
The third SANFL expansion club comes from the Riverland. Based out of Renmark and set up to play games in Berri and Keith. I resisted the urge to name them the Riverland Rovers, however, the white Kangaroo signifies their ambitious country identity to claim the area from Renmark to Bordertown. The roos are the country club!
View attachment 573655
Ok now that is really good. Like REALLY good

sjohnson

Rory Lobbster
Mar 9, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
One colour combo I don't see in many places these days is black and blue other than East Perth.

BTW love the RiverRoos concept.
Black and blue can look a bit off if the blue is too dark, but yeah East Perth, Inter and the Western Force all nail it I reckon

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
I don't have much to say about the final expansion club. Victor Harbor was always appealing to me for an expansion club so here they are. Embracing charcoal instead of black, the Sharks have swam with the modern tide, albeit they have adopted a traditional footy jumper.
Watch out the Sharks are ready to bite!
Victor Harbor.png

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
I don't have much to say about the final expansion club. Victor Harbor was always appealing to me for an expansion club so here they are. Embracing charcoal instead of black, the Sharks have swam with the modern tide, albeit they have adopted a traditional footy jumper.
Watch out the Sharks are ready to bite!
View attachment 578209
When I was a kid holidaying at Victor a basking shark washed up on the beach - more entertaining than the sideshow alley there!

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
That's a wrap for the SANFL. Now it's time for the WAFL.
To start the new set of jumpers here's East Freo. I made the white stripe smaller making it more traditional.
East Fremantle Jumpers.png

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Peel Thunder, wearing an iconic jumper design, however, making it look awful. In this portfolio, I've made all state league clubs logos in the same style (SANFL - Circles, WAFL - Shields). I changed the Peel jumper back to their best on they've worn adding a number panel. I actually found a Peel Thunder scarf in a Vinnies op shop in Eaglehawk, Bendigo and I bought it for $2. Bargain?
I'll issue this warning now Freight Train but your WAFL portfolio inspired some of these jumpers.
Peel Jumpers.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back