News State of Origin Bushfire Appeal game - February 28th @ Marvel - Vic v All stars

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
No, not the traditional state of origin, but its for charity, so doesn't matter what its called. Whether you call it that, or a charity game or an all stars game. In the end, its for the same thing. Either way, it should be fun plus for a good cause.

Im only being pedantic but yes maybe the Vic team should be in the record books as “Victoria All Stars”. Good one.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
No me, too close to first AFL games vs port at home to let Rankine play in exhibitions match. His hammy need time to settle also

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
From the AFL website.

Currently injured players – including Sydney superstar Lance Franklin and Gold Coast co-captain Jarrod Witts – were not considered in the eight names in liaison with clubs.

No surprise there.

Eight players – four for Victoria and four the All Stars – were put forward by the AFL that clubs will be required to confirm as fit to play for the Victoria v All Stars match at Marvel Stadium on Friday, February 28.

A player's best and fairest finish and the 2019 Virgin Australia AFL All-Australian squad were heavily favoured in the process of selecting eight names from each club on Wednesday.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Official Logos
1579154835010.png

I really hope Rankine gets picked from the Suns.
I don't think he will. Think they are going with the best well known players. All Australians, best and Fairests. At least that's the impression. Not sure they'd pick someone who hasn't debuted yet.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don't think he will. Think they are going with the best well known players. All Australians, best and Fairests. At least that's the impression. Not sure they'd pick someone who hasn't debuted yet.
Spot on, Swallow, Habrow and sexyton .
Emergency BOWES, B Ellis.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Spot on, Swallow, Habrow and sexyton .
Emergency BOWES, B Ellis.
Yeah, that’s not what I meant by my post.

I would like to see Rankine from the Suns, because he’s the most exciting player on your list.

Not to knock the other players you’ve mentioned, but they don’t really scream all star selection.

Even in his first season playing, Rankine has the potential to be the best or second best small forward in the competition.

Imagine having Rankine and Charlie Cameron starting for the All Stars. The Vics would sh!t themselves trying to contain both. Even if the players don’t go at 100% on the defensive side of the game.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yeah, that’s not what I meant by my post.

I would like to see Rankine from the Suns, because he’s the most exciting player on your list.

Not to knock the other players you’ve mentioned, but they don’t really scream all star selection.

Even in his first season playing, Rankine has the potential to be the best or second best small forward in the competition.

Imagine having Rankine and Charlie Cameron starting for the All Stars. The Vics would sh!t themselves trying to contain both. Even if the players don’t go at 100% on the defensive side of the game.
I don't see it that way, all stars always at disadvantage because they are not representing their state compare to Victoria so no point putting a player out there without an AFL game especially exhibition match.

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

GOLD COAST
Victoria:
Ben Ainsworth, Brandon Ellis, Brayden Fiorini, Touk Miller
All Stars: Jarrod Harbrow, Alex Sexton, Lachie Weller, Jarrod Witts
The Suns are a tricky prospect with a largely unproven team, but the All Stars are sure to benefit from some of their personnel. Alex Sexton is a proven goalkicker and should command a spot, while Jarrod Harbrow – who is almost back to full training after a pre-Christmas niggle – would be perfect as a running half-back. Brandon Ellis could be an outside chance of playing in the Victorian team, with his ability to play wing and half-back. – Michael Whiting

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The clash would be the biggest occasion in the career of key defender Steven May, given the former Sun is yet to play a final as he enters his 10th season at AFL level. - Ben Collins

Thanks you dick. Because Melbourne have been a raging success in the 10 years he's been in the league.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Breaking News: AFL is scrapping the 3 per team policy

Still one min from each team to be across both teams

Teams to be announced at 12pm on Tuesday

Seems only 1 player will be chosen. Most likely Swallow, you'd think.

All 18 clubs must be represented across the squads and sources have told The Age three clubs – Fremantle, Melbourne and Gold Coast – have only one player selected for the match at Marvel Stadium, which will be preceded by a Dees-Pies AFLW clash. The origin squads were initially set to be limited to three players per AFL club before the league - after prodding from the coaches - decided to change the selection criteria.

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Seems only 1 player will be chosen. Most likely Swallow, you'd think.

All 18 clubs must be represented across the squads and sources have told The Age three clubs – Fremantle, Melbourne and Gold Coast – have only one player selected for the match at Marvel Stadium, which will be preceded by a Dees-Pies AFLW clash. The origin squads were initially set to be limited to three players per AFL club before the league - after prodding from the coaches - decided to change the selection criteria.

I’m fine with that - really want to support the bushfire victims but happy to have our squad off the deck.

lions will be praying for a safe trip with about 5 up for selection

Back