State of Origin State of Origin Discussion thread 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't wait to get to work tomorrow. Go Blues!!

Probably earned motm for the blues really.

And people complained on here when I called him a spud who is made to look better by Smith, Slater and Cronk his whole career.

Wish the dud was still suspended.

My biggest takeaway from that game, if I were a Qld fan, is that DCE must be a real piece of s**t if Hunt is getting a game ahead of him.

Have you seen DCE playing this year? Hopeless would be putting it mildly.

Feels so bloody good to finally get a win and feel like it could build in to more. The age profile is very exciting but jeez Ponga is going to give me nightmares for the next decade. No way should a first gamer be able to come on and play out of position and play that well, kid is a star. Also a shout out to Cleary, second game in a row he has just been solid and that tackle down the sideline late in the game was outstanding.

Agreed. Ponga is clearly a remarkable talent. I don't know what he weighs, but there doesn't look to be that much of him, but that doesn't seem to affect his game. Cleary had another unshowy but solid game and defended well. Pleased the official had the cojones to give the penalty try. I also agree with e implied interpretation that a penalty try and a sin-binning would be too much. Much like in union, where they award penalty tries and yellow cards like confetti these days.

The abuse Ben Hunt is copping is beyond ******. Some people have to realise that when thousands of people are telling him to kill himself through his social media pages it’s not a good idea.
Amen. It's only a game of footy FFS. Great to win. Not the end of the world after a loss.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ben Hunt in a big game is hilarious though. Not sure I can see an alternative though unless we are going to gamble on Ash Taylor.

That said no one deserves to be abused whether it’s in person or online

Agreed. Ponga is clearly a remarkable talent. I don't know what he weighs, but there doesn't look to be that much of him, but that doesn't seem to affect his game. Cleary had another unshowy but solid game and defended well. Pleased the official had the cojones to give the penalty try. I also agree with e implied interpretation that a penalty try and a sin-binning would be too much. Much like in union, where they award penalty tries and yellow cards like confetti these days.

Listed at 92kgs. One of those blokes that looks smaller than he is because of how well he is proportioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But then you have 3 weeks of no games? No thanks

Think this year is the right mix. Every team disadvantaged 1 game, with the other being a bye. Have the middle Origin as a Sunday game.

It disrupts the season now with 2 rounds of B teams.

It’s better than having 3 weekends with B grade games aside from the SOO. The other games this rounds were boring.

The mix is right this year with 2 weeks of split rounds where teams only are disadvantaged once each.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back