State of Origin State of Origin Discussion thread 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Does the kicking situation hurt QLD this year?

Heard the starting kicker is not even the starting kicker for his team!

Can’t remember who it was as I am not a mad NRL follower except for Origin and the Storm in the finals! NSW have 2 of the best currently in the NRL by reports and Smith out has really screwed QLD and converted tries are massive.

Holmes and Gagai fill in for their clubs but yeah, not ideal. And it seems to have been a problem for a lot of qld campaigns pre-Thurston/smith.

Yes that’s what it is. Rugby league is doing this to try and offer what it perceives to be help to AFL
not meaning the nrl as such. but the people who want a night gf want the lasers and fire works etc it looked s**t

Holmes and Gagai fill in for their clubs but yeah, not ideal. And it seems to have been a problem for a lot of qld campaigns pre-Thurston/smith.
Fatty Vautin on SEN this arvo driving home from work was saying that no kicker on the QLD roster was their own teams kicker and that QLD had to have a kick off to decide who got the gig tonight.

Not the best and converted tries are gold but who knows how they go.

Mate three weeks ago Dylan Walker had his eye socket smashed to pieces by one of the cleanest shots you’ll see.

Wasn't quite toe-to-toe all in though - it was a dog shot.

I don't watch a lot of league on 9. Didn't Rabs retire 2-3 years ago?

Fatty Vautin on SEN this arvo driving home from work was saying that no kicker on the QLD roster was their own teams kicker and that QLD had to have a kick off to decide who got the gig tonight.

Not the best and converted tries are gold but who knows how they go.

Daly-Cherry Evans was the only player really in contention who is a regular kicker for his club, and the selectors don’t really seem to like him that much. Lockyer and Meninga did it for years when they weren’t kicking for their clubs.

C'mon Blues. I don't want to go to work tomorrow if we lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back