State of Origin proposal for raising money for bushfires appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Wires is NSW, do you know how many thousands and thousands of Victorians have donated to WIRES thinking they were helping to save Victorian native wildlife not knowing they are NsW only and our equivalent is Wildlife Victoria?

Didn't Wires come out and say that they will use some of their donated funds to aid Victorian wildlife recovery.

Wires is NSW, do you know how many thousands and thousands of Victorians have donated to WIRES thinking they were helping to save Victorian native wildlife not knowing they are NsW only and our equivalent is Wildlife Victoria?
I’ve been holding back from donating, simply because I understand Wires is NSW.
So apart from Victoria Zoos, who else is a major player in Vic?

Any talk about the prospect of injuries is mis-placed.

The players were going to be playing in a Marsh Cup game anyway. I'd much prefer our star players competing at an AFL venue as opposed to some country town. Also, I get the feeling the Origin game will be pretty bruise free, with both teams encouraged to open the game up. I don't think we'll see a lot of tackling or any bruising bumps etc. I think the players will be instructed to make the game an exhibition.

I'd be more concerned about the players in the Marsh Cup, or alternatively even at an intra-club game where you have an over-eager clumsy youngster playing for his footy career who takes it a bit too seriously.

This game will be the best of the best, and there will be a common understanding between players not to clean someone up or drive their heads into the ground in tackles. It will be competitive, but there will be a mutual respect about it as well.

I think this is the perfect format for an All-Star game. These guys need a pre-season hitout, so would have been playing anyway. So it's not as if they are playing an extra game outside of the season that they were not required to play. It's just all going to form part of their standard pre-season conditioning.

If an injury happens, that's the way it goes. It was just as likely to happen (if not more) in a Marsh cup game on a lesser venue against a competitive opponent with kids trying to prove themselves. If an injury occurs, I hope people can look at it with common sense.

Last edited:
Good on the players for playing injuries can happen at anytime.
I don't see how it's any different than any other practice match or training match sim in terms of injury risk, except it's probably better practice becasue it will be against better quality opposition.

Tickets just went on sale at a flat $20 for adult entry.

Credit to Ticketmaster they’ve somehow managed to come up with a mobile website and app worse than ticketek’s.

Pick your seat, click get tickets, a brief message about loading the checkout page and then nothing - the page simply stays on the select seats page.

Fortunately the computer website worked and thankfully it wasn’t a high demand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't get two on Level 1 this afternoon. Lots of individual, just not together, so ended up with Level 2. I don't mind paying the extra or chilling up on Level 2.

When I had a look I thought the prices were the same across all levels.

Talking about raising money for the bushfire relief funds, did anyone else purchase an item, like myself, from the clubs online auction, and if you did, have you received a call regarding your purchase?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back