State of Origin Returning Next Year

Remove this Banner Ad

News said it would be either in the pre-season or played over 2 weekends during the season (probably not consecutive weeks). I assume that we'd get a good representation of states, 6 sides would be sufficient, but what bugs me is that all the games would be at the 'G?!? Huh? Sure, the Victoria games might pull in a huge crowd, but I can't see an army of Perth people flying over to see W.A. play Tasmania at the 'G like what you would see at an Eagles game in Melbourne.

I had high hopes for Origin's return but I fear the AFL are going to kill it off once and for all next year.

I had high hopes for Origin's return but I fear the AFL are going to kill it off once and for all next year.

I share your cynicism.
Those of us that saw them do it before know that they'll try to do it again.
Afterall, if they were serious about Origin, they would have decided on a legitimate format for it long before now.

The AFL have only these things on their agenda 1) money 2) their over-hyped domestic club competition and 3) keeping the well supported Victorian clubs in it 4) wasting huge amounts of money trying to push into NSW and QLD. They will kill off anything that stands in the way - just like they have done to football in Tasmania.

I hope for once they start at least pretending to be a legitimate governing body. They took on the job - now lets see them do something for a change. Try to make State of Origin work.

I could care less about any AFL club, but I love footy and I want to support the Maroons and the Big V.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back