State of Origin State of Origin Series XV - Congratulations Vic Metro!!

Remove this Banner Ad

h6oDNJK.png

TiF: Congratulations Tarkyn_24 on once again being selected to captain your State of Origin side, you must be thrilled. How important to you is the State of Origin concept for the Sweet FA?
Tarks: As always, it is a huge honour to represent your state and I'm humbled to have been chosen to captain the side. I think State of Origin provides an important point of difference in the SFA - we all really enjoy the home and away competition but it can get a bit stale interacting with and against the same people all the time. State of Origin provides an opportunity to freshen up, familiarise yourself with others that you may not otherwise get to know as well and also to lock horns with your teammates. The fact that it is based on a non-fictional factor, being the state to which you feel the strongest affinity, is also helpful as it reduces the fantasy facet of the entire competition and grounds it in reality.

TiF: You’ve selected Ljp86 and TheInjuryFactory as your vice captains for the series, how did that come about? and what do you think they’ll bring to the side and to your leadership group?
Tarks:
Western Australia has never lacked influence on the State of Origin competition and there are a number of players that have represented us in leadership positions before. More than any other state, I believe we could be capably led by any number of players. I've selected the two players that I have as vice captains because I believe that these two are most closely intertwined with State of Origin, and as a group we are a nod to the past, present and future of the competition. Ljp86 has been a staunch supporter of the SOO concept from the start and has previously led WA with great success, and provides a fantastic sounding board for me. TheInjuryFactory represents the new blood of the competition, and has shown an abundant willingness to push the state and it's players to excel. I'm very comfortable with working with both of these players in the upcoming series.

WD0R8nb.png

TiF: Despite finishing the top scoring team of the tournament, WA went winless in the most recent Series XIV, in a series you would probably rather forget. Yet overall, you are still well and truly in the hunt to be #firsttofour with both the Allies and WA sitting on 3 series wins apiece. What’s the number one thing you’ll be looking to get right for this series?
Tarks:
The results of the last series were disappointing and not reflective of how our players approached the carnival. A greater emphasis this season will be placed on getting selection right and ensuring that those most engaged with the concept are the ones given greatest opportunity. I think a marginal shift will bring about an emphatic change in our fortunes, so I'll be looking to get the extra few percent out of each player whether it be on or off the field.

TiF: Who do you see playing off in the decider this series?
Tarks:
I think this year we'll see a resumption of the two dominant footballing states being reflected in results. We'll be there on the final day of competition giving our best account of ourselves against Vic Metro.

TiF: Which side are you most wary of heading into the series?
Tarks:
It would be remiss of me to say that there's any side I wouldn't be wary of. We produced at a high standard last carnival and walked away without a win. Every side on it's day is a threat and we'll be treating each game on it's merits. We have a hunger to atone for our last series.

TiF: You’ve been a big supporter of the concept throughout your career, what’s the most enjoyable thing about SFA State of Origin that keeps you coming back?
Tarks: It's the chance to engage with all the posters that you otherwise wouldn't have an opportunity to. I'm very settled at the Demons personally but am very excited about the prospect of playing alongside different faces and getting out of the routine that can develop. There are behemoths of WA footy that have provided many laughs over the journey, and plenty of fresh blood to come in and bring their own style of banter and engagement going forward.

TiF: Cheers Tarks, looking forward to hoisting the cup with you mate:thumbsu:

Great thread TIF. Deteriorated quite a lot though after you moved on from the Dingster.

I must say I admire your own struggles to overcome the adversity of living in East Praetoria. How on earth do you put up with living there, let alone playing in a team comprised of Saffie/Boar and Pomgolian rednecks?
Two words.

Bush. Chook.

What beer is that?

I am truly gobsmacked. Clearly your role at the Gumbies has aged you terribly. How else could you ask such an ingenue question? You have clearly regressed to some teenage phase in your life.

Aged yes but my club affiliation will have little to do with it

Now I am cracking the sads. If you want a mini mental I can do one for you. I did do some research with Sigmund and later helped Oliver Sachs so I am more than qualified in quackery.

Now I am cracking the sads. If you want a mini mental I can do one for you. I did do some research with Sigmund and later helped Oliver Sachs so I am more than qualified in quackery.

Absolutely none of that made sense

I usually rely on Ding to translate but he seems otherwise occupied. But here you go Baz.

mini mental = standardised check to see if respondents are on terra firma brain-wise.
Sigmund = Freud, ya young scallywag
Sachs = Wrote "The man who mistook his wife for a Hat"
Quackery = a form of Qooty madness where practitioners get paid lots of dosh.

I usually rely on Ding to translate but he seems otherwise occupied. But here you go Baz.

mini mental = standardised check to see if respondents are on terra firma brain-wise.
Sigmund = Freud, ya young scallywag
Sachs = Wrote "The man who mistook his wife for a Hat"
Quackery = a form of Qooty madness where practitioners get paid lots of dosh.
Even translated that makes little sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even translated that makes little sense

Ya poor little bugger. You have spent a season carrying the gumbies on your creaking shoulders. No wonder your head has been done in. Sit back, relax and chew over life with a sandwich of a slab of corn beef, roast beetroot and home made pickles.

Ya poor little bugger. You have spent a season carrying the gumbies on your creaking shoulders. No wonder your head has been done in. Sit back, relax and chew over life with a sandwich of a slab of corn beef, roast beetroot and home made pickles.

Almost anyone who has ever gone or god forbid led the Gumbies, have come out a shadow of their former selves.

I really fear for Barrybran's qooty future as I like him, not only is he the skipper, he also has that eka curse haunting him.

Almost anyone who has ever gone or god forbid led the Gumbies, have come out a shadow of their former selves.

I really fear for Barrybran's qooty future as I like him, not only is he the skipper, he also has that eka curse haunting him.
I reckon the EKA Curse transferred to the runner-up from Elton Johns Wig onwards. With the exception of BLERN every winner has proven to be vastly superior to the runner up.

That sounds pretty much spot on. Furthermore the poor fella has had to singly imitate a whole committee running the S.28 Rookie of the Year.

I reckon the EKA Curse transferred to the runner-up from Elton Johns Wig onwards. With the exception of BLERN every winner has proven to be vastly superior to the runner up.
That's the nicest thing you've ever said about me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back