State of Origin State of Origin - Series XVIII [2023] - Expressions of Interest

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, the reason we even have an Allies is because there wasn't enough to go around in the NSW/ACT and Qld regions, we had to shoehorn in international.

At a pinch we could get a Qld side but we won't be able to manage an Allies side alongside.
So have a queensland side. I'm sorry but that argument is just stupid.

Let's see how it plays out using a different state. Because the argument below is exactly the same argument. If you can have a victorian side you have a Victorian side. If you can have a Qld saide you should have a qld side. Why is Qld any different from Victoria or SA or Weird Australia.

The issue isn't that there aren't enough Qlders JUST AS IT ISN'T there aren't enough Victorians. The issue is There aren't enough NSW or ACT or NT people. That isn't Qld's fault just as it isn't Victoria's fault, but you don't see people lumping the also ran, bad-driving, current team mates of mine in to Victoria and calling them allies do you?

Yeah, the reason we even have an Allies is because there wasn't enough to go around in the NSW/ACT and Victorian regions, we had to shoehorn in international.

At a pinch we could get a Victorian side but we won't be able to manage an Allies side alongside.

So have a queensland side. I'm sorry but that argument is just stupid.

Let's see how it plays out using a different state. Because the argument below is exactly the same argument. If you can have a victorian side you have a Victorian side. If you can have a Qld saide you should have a qld side. Why is Qld any different from Victoria or SA or Weird Australia.

The issue isn't that there aren't enough Qlders JUST AS IT ISN'T there aren't enough Victorians. The issue is There aren't enough NSW or ACT or NT people. That isn't Qld's fault just as it isn't Victoria's fault, but you don't see people lumping the also ran, bad-driving, current team mates of mine in to Victoria and calling them allies do you?

I didn't argue it mate, take it up with the admin. The SOO was already in progress when the prospect of a Qld side came up.

I didn't argue it mate, take it up with the admin. The SOO was already in progress when the prospect of a Qld side came up.
Hey, let's be straight, I am not arguing with you filth, (I have the greatest respect.) I am arguing against the logical inconsistency, of "we have enough numbers for a state, but we have these others, so this state has to lose its identity, while other states for which we also have enough numbers are untouchable.

It's like the English cricket team's arguments right now. It makes no sense.

Why not have the spares identify as any of the other states.
I mean these days people identify as all kinds of things.

"I identify as a woman"
"I identify as a green tree frog"

One thing you'll never hear though, is "I identify as a NSW person."

On another note, I identify as correct.

The fact the Rolf Harris turned out to be a pedophile, made it even worse that he never responded to my letters when I was a kid.

He was in a florist once, and asked for some flowers. The lady said "Orchids?" He said no just the flowers.

Hey, let's be straight, I am not arguing with you filth, (I have the greatest respect.) I am arguing against the logical inconsistency, of "we have enough numbers for a state, but we have these others, so this state has to lose its identity, while other states for which we also have enough numbers are untouchable.

It's like the English cricket team's arguments right now. It makes no sense.

Why not have the spares identify as any of the other states.
I mean these days people identify as all kinds of things.

"I identify as a woman"
"I identify as a green tree frog"

One thing you'll never hear though, is "I identify as a NSW person."

On another note, I identify as correct.

I was talking more from the perspective of this series only... I started in NSW/ACT (only because that's where I was living at the time of joining the league) but for probably 15 seasons now that group got merged in with the Allies (Qld/Tas/NT/International/The rest) because of the numbers dwindling. As far as I know there has never been a standalone Qld side nor has there been enough players for one but once this SOO carnival was set up the QLD list dominance became apparent. I imagine if those numbers continue it would probably be green lit for the next series but it is fair the numbers change year to year, we could set up a Qld side only for it to do the exact same thing that happened to NSW/ACT back in the day and we're chopping and merging again.

At that though, I don't think anybody in any other region really understands the Qld and NSW rivalry, saying that in 15 seasons I don't think anybody has ever cared until the prospect of a breakaway occurred.

I was talking more from the perspective of this series only... I started in NSW/ACT (only because that's where I was living at the time of joining the league) but for probably 15 seasons now that group got merged in with the Allies (Qld/Tas/NT/International/The rest) because of the numbers dwindling. As far as I know there has never been a standalone Qld side nor has there been enough players for one but once this SOO carnival was set up the QLD list dominance became apparent. I imagine if those numbers continue it would probably be green lit for the next series but it is fair the numbers change year to year, we could set up a Qld side only for it to do the exact same thing that happened to NSW/ACT back in the day and we're chopping and merging again.

At that though, I don't think anybody in any other region really understands the Qld and NSW rivalry, saying that in 15 seasons I don't think anybody has ever cared until the prospect of a breakaway occurred.
I am, of course... Pushes button

1688527014799.png

You've played long enough with me to know I bite the bait every time.
I've been wanting to use that photo for a while because it has BoJo in it. Juxtaposed against the word LIE is quite brilliant.

Would love to see a firm list of 'Queensland' players so we can actually validate it.

A good number of those raised are either inactive, or have never suited up for the Allies and have been tied to other states for successive series.

If we can have a look at the list we can actually figure out who's who in the zoo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back