Rumour State of Origin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Because in the first 3Qs, the game was on with both teams having a go, then the All Stars just stopped/gave up/told to let Vic win. Got boring fast (Note: don't care who won).
We just wanted a fun free running game of the elite players of the comp, turned into a snooze fest fast. Real pitty IMHO.

Oh yeah I'm sure Howe would've got a jumper ahead of Davis in a proper state of origin game 😁
So Howe isn’t a quality player? Why didn’t Jonas, who was full back in your killer defence make it?

Facts are 2 players out of 6 of your killer defence were exposed tonight, maybe it wasn’t so much a killer defence but a hurtful defence.

Laird is a 2 time AA and B&F winner, who has been good in other seasons as well, and you’re comparing him to a guy that played half a season good footy at HB? Yeah EC, it’s a genuine wonder AFL clubs aren’t circling for your services with this insight!

is your claim that by contrast AFL teams circling for your insight?

I'm very confused about what your point is.
Are you saying there's important and widesweeping lessons to be learned from the vics having a huge quarter in a game in which their opposition gave no fu**s?
I’m saying the Vic team is a superstar side, who for 3/4s did * all. Then in one qtr they tried and destroyed a team full of high quality players. They might not have been playing for their home jumper but they also wouldn’t have wanted the Vics to bury them either.

Question for you, what do you think the result would have been of this Vic team going up against a SA side?

Because in the first 3Qs, the game was on with both teams having a go, then the All Stars just stopped/gave up/told to let Vic win. Got boring fast (Note: don't care who won).
We just wanted a fun free running game of the elite players of the comp, turned into a snooze fest fast. Real pitty IMHO.
Call in the match fixing committee

I’m saying the Vic team is a superstar side, who for 3/4s did fu** all. Then in one qtr they tried and destroyed a team full of high quality players. They might not have been playing for their home jumper but they also wouldn’t have wanted the Vics to bury them either.

Question for you, what do you think the result would have been of this Vic team going up against a SA side?
A near-200 point win to the Vics.

So Howe isn’t a quality player? Why didn’t Jonas, who was full back in your killer defence make it?

Facts are 2 players out of 6 of your killer defence were exposed tonight, maybe it wasn’t so much a killer defence but a hurtful defence.
Or... Maybe... brace yourself.... it wasn't an actual state of origin game.

Call in the match fixing committee
*sigh*

I'll try and make my point clearer, First 3Qs the game was a free flowing game were both sides were giving a go and clearly enjoying themselves (and we enjoyed it too).
Then the the last, the All Stars just stopped (Maybe told to or just didn't care etc), it got boring fast and so we turned off. Just a sad end to a charity game.

Oh, the commentators were sickening!

The worst thing about this game is the pro vic commentating. Should be used to it I suppose.
It was nauseating. There was one team out there tonight as far as the coverage was concerned. It was a pure celebration of Victoria. Topped off by the glassy eyed commentators spending minutes talking about how all the special little Vic boys got love letters from old Vic players about how special it is to pull on the guernsey. That's something exclusive to them I guess. No chance any other state felt pride in representing their state.

It was like Australia's test team playing an invitation XI and going on and on about the significance of the baggy green.

I don't think another state was even mentioned in passing tonight.

Watched a quarter or so of the rep game. Looked a pretty good standard what i saw. The only thing that i think would work moving forward would be an all stars game mid season where 2 captains pick their sides similar to the nba with Lebron and Greek freak. Whether the coaches allow them to play or whether you would get the best players playing is a another story.

The point is some posters have suggested it was an AFL directive to let Vic win. Yeah, that was surely the case, I’m sure the gun players from the All Stars said sure, why don’t we let them thump us?

What a joke

wouldn’t be a surprise if the word came down to slow it a bit and bring it a bit closer

from there momentum is hard to regain

still a globetrotters game though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just checked the stats, two confirmed tackles for the game.

Secretly, that is the type of game Gil and Hocking want AFL to be

I had it on and barely watched it because of the lack of intensity. That and my Bali online dating site was more interesting 🤔.

Wasn't a bad spectacle I thought. Infinitely better than AFLX, and was good that most of the best players made themselves available. The fapping by the commentators over the Vics was over the top though. I fell asleep with about five mins to go in the last.

Just checked the stats, two confirmed tackles for the game.

Secretly, that is the type of game Gil and Hocking want AFL to be
Those 2 players making the tackle will be fined.... ;)

I don't think another state was even mentioned in passing tonight.

Not correct. Bruce mentioned that the big V jumper is the most intimidating uniform in Australian sport and when South Australia played them it always made the Victorians look so much bigger than the SA team.

Fair and balanced commentary.

Or....maybe....brace yourself.......the killer defence wasn’t a killer defence, oh and I’d have Howe over Caleb Daniel......

What? Howe isn't South Australian...

Do you even know what you're arguing about any more or are you just on autopilot spewing out nonsense?

Any defense led by Hurn and Davis would be killer even if it was topped up with Lairdo.

Anyway, pretty cool how all the Washington Generals players received letters before the game from former "all stars" players like the vics did. So much to play for! A glorious chapter for State of Origin.

Not correct. Bruce mentioned that the big V jumper is the most intimidating uniform in Australian sport and when South Australia played them it always made the Victorians look so much bigger than the SA team.
Grenfell Dietrich disagrees

The Allstars concept is garbage, unless it’s a Pro Bowl style celebratory game between two mixed teams, with no states represented individually.

How about replicating the state carnival format.

Vic Metro
Vic Country
SA
WA
Allies

Play 2 games each year, with each having a bye every 5th year.

The Allstars concept is garbage, unless it’s a Pro Bowl style celebratory game between two mixed teams, with no states represented individually.

How about replicating the state carnival format.

Vic Metro
Vic Country
SA
WA
Allies

Play 2 games each year, with each having a bye every 5th year.
You’ve just contradicted yourself.
Allies are a mini Allstars.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back