Discussion State of our jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Something like that...

Got asked to do numbers, heights, weights and boot makers off the top of my head once after a few pints; was either correct or within a couple of kgs or cm on all of them.

Sad.

Footy rainman?

No offence, nothing specific against either Stan or Nike but that is one of the most pathetic statements I've heard. I shake my indignant fist at this modern world.
What's so against wanting the club in a brand that I'm a massive fan of? I own a lot of Nike stuff and if they offered a good deal for the club then I'd be happy as I would with the club signing with anyone.

But I don't really mind who we sign, as long as the club gets a great deal.

Stop getting so upset over absolutely nothing.

What's so against wanting the club in a brand that I'm a massive fan of? I own a lot of Nike stuff and if they offered a good deal for the club then I'd be happy as I would with the club signing with anyone.

But I don't really mind who we sign, as long as the club gets a great deal.

Stop getting so upset over absolutely nothing.
Put simply, I'm not a fan of individuals being cheerleaders for brands and being loyal to huge multinational businesses like they are sports teams. As far as I'm concerned, anyone rocking around with a big logo on their t shirt is paying (as opposed to being paid) big bucks to do a company's advertising for them. Nike get your money for your entire life, free advertising, and what do you get? The prestige of wearing the same uniform millions of people in the rich developed world also wear? The implicit idea that you are rich enough to afford premium garments? The tenuous association with high performance or sporting prowess? Is it really just about about comfort?

But I don't know if finding a comment pathetic and being upset are the same thing really. I do live in the real world and if I got upset about people sucking corporate duck, I'd never get through the day. Different strokes. Like I said, no offence.

BTW, this has nothing at all to do with which company our club should use, which I have different ideas about, being that it is a game of marketing and profile, and the physical nature of the shirt.

Last edited:
My brother pointed out to me that if you look under the player's range on the Saints shop, the BLK guernseys are gone. They're not on the BLK website either.
News will be coming on this pretty shortly. I was told yesterday that AFL is working with the clubs involved to help find a suitable arrangement for 2017 and for the more financially affected clubs (ie poorer clubs, ie us) to see if some financial help can be made from league to club as to not affect the loss as much. Regardless we have lost out here, just hoping the hit isn't as big as first thought. From what I gather club should most likely release a statement in the next fortnight. It's a shame but I guess as consolation we can get back our traditional red with white collar/cuffs ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want Finnis and co to crawl on their knees over broken glass back to ISC. This whole BLK thing has been a complete balls up by the club as it was clear before we signed that at the very least neither Richmond or Brisbane were happy with BLK and the Bulldogs had just jumped ship.

ISC always did good by us in terms of quality and designs, they proven they could replicate our fan favourite designs in Tri-Colour, (faux)Candy Stripe and Crusader ect.

I want Finnis and co to crawl on their knees over broken glass back to ISC. This whole BLK thing has been a complete balls up by the club as it was clear before we signed that at the very least neither Richmond or Brisbane were happy with BLK and the Bulldogs had just jumped ship.

ISC always did good by us in terms of quality and designs, they proven they could replicate our fan favourite designs in Tri-Colour, (faux)Candy Stripe and Crusader ect.
Our bank rollers the afl may not have looked kindly on us spurning the best financial deal. Ironically it looks like they're going to bankroll our losses on the deal.

Lol.

party-gags.jpg

I'll just leave this here.

Their polos and shorts are pretty well on the money size wise as well. Although the polos can be a bit "clingy" and a bit tight when I flex my lats.

Their polos and shorts are pretty well on the money size wise as well. Although the polos can be a bit "clingy" and a bit tight when I flex my lats.
This you champ?

IMG_1016.JPG

Have no fear peeps we have finally got our jumper manufacturer.
downloadfile-2.jpg
None other than GOD himself.
Obviously he demanded the crusader style and added a few of his own touches to it as well.
Not sure if he just felt pity for us or maybe Perse put in a good word for us:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back