Discussion State of our jumper

Murraj1966

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Good evening all! I've had something I wanted to discuss with the forum in the same vein as the Weagles have done with their wings jumper, but on a smaller scale.

Obviously we now have one of the best clash jumpers in the league, however as it stands I and after bringing up the issue a few times several others are disappointed with the look of the current home jumper:

StKilda-2015.gif

My personal gripes are essentially the back being overly dark, the imbalance of colours on the front (black red white black black) from each cuff across the jumper, and in the past there has been mentions from others of a likeness to Essendon/Collingwood with such a dark emphasis on the jumper.

In determining a replacement I've always found the stock standard 2010 home jumper style that we've had for years as the best balance of colours for the tri panel, as shown below:
StKilda-2010.gif

For the point of discussion, what's everyone think of the above change for one and failing that particular change, if we were to attempt to get the club to make any change to the home jumper, what would be the best way to go about it?

Jun 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm really disappointed that the white collar and cuffs have been gone for 5 years now since it makes a huge difference, although I always thought they were a tad too thick and round in 2010.

If we could apply the white collar and cuffs to the current template, it would be perfect.

Our clash guernsey is beautiful and needs to stay for as long as possible. :hearts:

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
The only white cuffed ones that looked good were the piped ones, the 2010 era looked awful.

I actually like the 2011 - 2012 black pointed collars myself.

Bushy70

Debutant
Sep 12, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Definately prefer thw white collar and cuffs. If it was up to me Id bring back the full collar!

Back