Discussion State of our jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon our colours would look even more boss if we used yellow-white instead of white.

Black red and white - boss
Black red and yellow - mo' boss
Black red and yellow/white - hyperbosssss

The black version of the current Belgian national soccer strip would suit us as a training top.
0f00a6c9b5bd7a07c071f067a4b077aa.jpg

Last edited:
As far as the basic designs go, the two jumpers for next season are just about perfect. We have the best colours, the best emblem, and we're lucky that our club is run by sensible, progressive thinking people, who make sure that every year we have logical, credible and respectable jumpers that we can be proud of.

If we can't always win, at least we can always look good.

It shouldn't be that hard to come up with two decent jumpers, that don't look the same, and don't look crap. I feel for the supporters of some of the other clubs, and some of the rubbish their players are forced to wear.

I love our clash gurney so much it’s so nice, xblades is great quality. Honestly best clash in the league. It’s way better than our home and away I reckon

Last edited:
I reckon our colours would look even more boss if we used yellow-white instead of white.

Black red and white - boss
Black red and yellow - mo' boss
Black red and yellow/white - hyperbosssss

The black version of the current Belgian national soccer strip would suit us as a training top.
0f00a6c9b5bd7a07c071f067a4b077aa.jpg

Something you might not know: up to 1914 our colours were red, yellow and black. Unfortunately the same as Germany’s.
Guess what?
After the Rape of Belgium we replaced the yellow with white.
Which seems a bit pointless if Belgium’s colours were also red, yellow and black......

As for: boss, mo’ boss and hyperbosssss.

Na.

Something you might not know: up to 1914 our colours were red, yellow and black. Unfortunately the same as Germany’s.
Guess what?
After the Rape of Belgium we replaced the yellow with white.
Which seems a bit pointless if Belgium’s colours were also red, yellow and black......

As for: boss, mo’ boss and hyperbosssss.

Na.
That’s incorrect. Our colours were always red white and black. We changed our colours during WW1 to yellow due to the German empire’s colours being red white and black. We changed to the yellow to support the Belgians.

It doesn't matter what colours are on, or are not on, any countries flag at any point in time.

Colours don't kill people - human beings kill people!

I did know that, but thanks!

I reckon a compromise should be reached, as is used in many images from the Soviet propaganda era and its subsequent 'tributes'. I think that's a great aesthetic to use for our footy club.

What follows is an example of how awesome red and black look with a light yellow, or off-white...

(Please excuse the political nature of these images)

72f43c0e3341c1169e92d29e4722783b.jpg
c3743fd738133334804914715ded8137.jpg
74fd5d933ca8bb1993fd487c689bcbb0.jpg
921712421cda62df2ca6527f523e2ae2.jpg
f23566463750386590202e95ac2551a8.jpg
295c05c97177adbe468099cfebdb1fb8.jpg
a64c811a8f8999eee098b611dcf55d80.jpg
978f1ae6254070c8cdbdc335bb419ba7.jpg
9401b7ac10077bb84e6d11bd4ef957e0.jpg

I suppose you could just wait for all your Saints merch to get a bit old and it would yellow out naturally, but then the reds and blacks would fade and it would end up looking like...
c003efb68e9a403cca02f1f99119cc02.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't you guys remember tge pura milk jumpers?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Problems with the Pura milk tops:

Too flashy shade of yellow
Not enough red
Not enough black
No design, just a yellow top
White type on yellow background - yuck

I love the new New Era beanies

View attachment 442032
i like the beanies ... i just wish they would bring out the oversize beanie given the shape and size of my head and my reluctance in winter to shave whin i wear the standard size beanie i have a tendancy to look like a mugger... but with the oversized beanie i look more like a St Kilda hipster :)

Whether it's off white or just plain old white, it's important to be super vigilant to avoid too much white or grey or cream or even yellow creeping into the Essendon colour scheme, just as it is important that we keep any red out of Collingwood's colours and any black out of Sydney's. It's also very important to keep an eye on the Bulldogs blue and make sure it's not too dark.

Whether it's off white or just plain old white, it's important to be super vigilant to avoid too much white or grey or cream or even yellow creeping into the Essendon colour scheme, just as it is important that we keep any red out of Collingwood's colours and any black out of Sydney's. It's also very important to keep an eye on the Bulldogs blue and make sure it's not too dark.
I don't like the red in the Emirates logo on the Collingwood jumper. Emirates has red writing on a white background, not white writing on a red background.
download.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back