Discussion State of our jumper

I’m with jwikked we should go full nuffie.

Main body in blood red. With a punisher style keyhole white cutout in the chest that has three diminishing stripes that taper and tuck into the navel. St Kilda logo dead centre like the god dam iron man reactor unit with black cross shoulder straps and side strip like a hidden carry holster.

Designed to be worn with a Covid19 mask in the same punisher style and optional full knuckle to elbow arm sleeves and ammunition style belts designed for player badges sold separately.

8893f2eaa9de97c60e362924b52f6fd4.jpg

I'm not against some more creative designs, some all black with a crest or minimal white and red for example. If it was soccer you can have a range of supporter wear that sells for the design more than anything else. You could have 4 designs every year, a training top that is a variation of the game jumper done in a more solid colour, a game strip, a clash strip and traditional or heritage strip, each one different enough to sell to different tastes. Have a range of retro strips like a '97 heritage, candy stripe, '66 strip etc. Overseas when you go to any of the soccer club shops you can get about 20 different designs of strip as well as a million bits of rubbish, it's all about marketing to different tastes and budgets.

I hate it just as much worn.

It just looks wrong not having the red go all the way to shoulder.
Would be interesting to see what it would look like if both shoulders were white

Maybe someone can photoshop it

It looks like they ran out of red dye at the factory, so just said ‘f**k it’ and put some black there because it would look slightly less out of place than leaving it white. They’re taking the piss.

Looks asymmetrical and like they have narrow, sloping shoulders at the same time. That's a feat of awful design rarely equalled.

I reckon that would look even worse.
It would go around the back to match the template. I don't know how they can fix this atrocity. Black doesn't work, red won't work for the same reasons. Maybe white is the only answer.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
It would go around the back to match the template. I don't know how they can fix this atrocity. Black doesn't work, red won't work for the same reasons. Maybe white is the only answer.
So pretty much our clash jumper from the front but with the red and black panels being wider?

The answer is for the colours on the front to go all the way up to the shoulder on both sides. It is unbalanced having one side with the black going to the shoulder and the other side having the red go to the neck.

So pretty much our clash jumper from the front but with the red and black panels being wider?

The answer is for the colours on the front to go all the way up to the shoulder on both sides. It is unbalanced having one side with the black going to the shoulder and the other side having the red go to the neck.
Yeah I know that, but that's the template.

I'm not against some more creative designs, some all black with a crest or minimal white and red for example. If it was soccer you can have a range of supporter wear that sells for the design more than anything else. You could have 4 designs every year, a training top that is a variation of the game jumper done in a more solid colour, a game strip, a clash strip and traditional or heritage strip, each one different enough to sell to different tastes. Have a range of retro strips like a '97 heritage, candy stripe, '66 strip etc. Overseas when you go to any of the soccer club shops you can get about 20 different designs of strip as well as a million bits of rubbish, it's all about marketing to different tastes and budgets.
Man Utd and the Portland Trailblazers are two that get creative with their red/white/black kits.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah I know that, but that's the template.
Then they need to change the template to something where the seams of the guernsey meet at the shoulder - which is the standard place a seam would be on any type of top.

We shouldn't have to compromise the basic design of our club jumper for this god awful New Balance template which was clearly only designed for jumpers with one solid colour rather than something that requires patterns or multiple colours.

It is unbalanced having one side with the black going to the shoulder and the other side having the red go to the neck.
Lucky we brought James Frawley out of retirement and not Rod Carter 😱

AIaMKjT.jpg

Then they need to change the template to something where the seams of the guernsey meet at the shoulder - which is the standard place a seam would be on any type of top.

We shouldn't have to compromise the basic design of our club jumper for this god awful New Balance template which was clearly only designed for jumpers with one solid colour rather than something that requires patterns or multiple colours.
I don't know if they can do that. I don't even know if they can change anything at tbis point.

Back