Discussion State of our jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Uhh yeah, pretty sure that is a knock off.

We wore a clash strip in 2007 that had the logo in the middle.

hqdefault.jpg

The weirdest part of this Jumper was the cracked work look on the crest... Never understood the point of that

Hopefully we are able to sort out a major sponsor soon for the back of home and front of away guernsey.

We look to have an impressive list of club sponsors but we still lack the 2nd guernsey sponsor and the club polos never have a sponsor on the sleeve also, and haven’t for years.

Word is that it's Mercedes. The club taped the back of the jerseys when they revealed them yesterday. announcement to come from the club shortly.

Already with the dogs I thought

I think that was just for the M class or what ever the rebadged Nissan Navara ute was called. Pretty sure it flopped and they dropped the model and the sponsorship.

A Benz dealer in bayside used to sponsor Nick Riewoldt and give him cars to use. Perhaps he's put in a word to headquarters.

Word is that it's Mercedes. The club taped the back of the jerseys when they revealed them yesterday. announcement to come from the club shortly.
Already with the dogs I thought

I think that was just for the M class or what ever the rebadged Nissan Navara ute was called. Pretty sure it flopped and they dropped the model and the sponsorship.

A Benz dealer in bayside used to sponsor Nick Riewoldt and give him cars to use. Perhaps he's put in a word to headquarters.
Nah, it's not the luxury car brand we're getting.

It's some Balinese surfing equipment importer :oops:

images

Obviously whoever pays the most is who we should get as a sponsor (within reason) but Oak instead of Dare and Uber Eats instead of Deliveroo would be so much better for our jumper with the colorways

From a sponsors POV would you want to be on a jumper with the same colour as your logo? Deliveroo probably love it because their logo stands out so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im sure they would but thats not aesthetically pleasing.

I wonder how much the club gets from a corporate sponsor

If we had 50,000 members all chip in $25 that's 1.25 million a year.

Imagine if the members took over the sponsorship of the club so that we could remove the corporate logo and just put a bigger club crest on there.

Imagine if the members took over the sponsorship of the club so that we could remove the corporate logo and just put a bigger club crest on there.
I would 100% do this. Also sponsorship deals usually come with ticket and event perks too.

Hopefully we are able to sort out a major sponsor soon for the back of home and front of away guernsey.

We look to have an impressive list of club sponsors but we still lack the 2nd guernsey sponsor and the club polos never have a sponsor on the sleeve also, and haven’t for years.

Werent Pepper the back of the home jumper?

Kraftfahrzeug-Haftpflichtversicherung?
Streichholzschächtelchen?
Arbeiterunfallverischerungsgesetz?
Or my personal favourite:
Nahrungsmittelunverträglichkeit?

Those pesky Germans have a word for everything!

Then we'd all just have to agree on the size and placement of the crest; don't forsee any problems there

Im sure they would but thats not aesthetically pleasing.

And it’s not just seeing the sponsor on the telly, if the jumper looks cool they’ll sell more and the sponsors logo does the rounds on little kids at the shops, in the park, at school etc...

It’s why you see more kids wearing Celtic or Golden State tops around the shops, they look cool and aren’t splattered in logos. I tried watching an NBL game the other night and just can’t believe all the advertising sh!t all over the court. It’s so horrible to look at.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Starting to think there is no second sponsor as there has been no announcement Was whispers that Mercedes but that was well over a week ago. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Club may be planning this closer to our season launch.

In the past we generally have tried to spread the good news across that week.

So, potentially

New sponsor
Re-signing/s
Captain
And official season launch

In one week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back