Discussion State of our jumper

RSEA are an expanding company with a good relationship with the saints, great to see them stump up the extra cash for additional sponsorship.

Out of interest, does anyone have any idea as to the value of our sponsorships?

Also - anyone happen to notice last night, and in the announcement yesterday, the new sponsorship banner above the numbers on the back? (this is new right? I cant remember being there last year)
It looks like Pepper have been relegated to the smaller holding on the back of the away strip.

TommyJay

Team Captain
May 3, 2010
Scandinavia
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, New England Patriot
I might have missed others talking about this...but what is with the white in our jumper getting thinner and thinner? It looks terrible this year. It should be close to three even strips, not a tiny white line down the middle. Our home strip currently looks as bad as it ever has I think.

Is that because of the current manufacturer? I’m not sure who it is at the moment given we have the date logo on the chest.

leph

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
I might have missed others talking about this...but what is with the white in our jumper getting thinner and thinner? It looks terrible this year. It should be close to three even strips, not a tiny white line down the middle. Our home strip currently looks as bad as it ever has I think.

Is that because of the current manufacturer? I’m not sure who it is at the moment given we have the date logo on the chest.
It's New Balance and I agree it looks fairly average. But I'd take the thin white panel with white collar and cuffs over even panels with black collar and cuffs any day.

Looks like they've done it so that the Deliveroo logo fits within the black panel. Looks bad and the shoulder panels are even worse

All clubs released some retro Merino wool jumpers which looked really quite good, but they’re unfortunately very hard to find in stock.

If anyone comes across an avenue to obtain one of these in a long sleeved variant , I’d love a heads up. Can only ever find tiny or massive sizes and it seems they’re not making more.

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants
All clubs released some retro Merino wool jumpers which looked really quite good, but they’re unfortunately very hard to find in stock.

If anyone comes across an avenue to obtain one of these in a long sleeved variant , I’d love a heads up. Can only ever find tiny or massive sizes and it seems they’re not making more.
At your service! The company with the licence to manufacturer all VFL/AFL wool guernseys is PlayCorp. They can even do complete custom orders. I wanted an exact replica of a Barry Breen 1966 long sleeve jersey, and they were more than happy to fill the order with the original crest, 27 on the back and all.

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants
At your service! The company with the licence to manufacturer all VFL/AFL wool guernseys is PlayCorp. They can even do complete custom orders. I wanted an exact replica of a Barry Breen 1966 long sleeve jersey, and they were more than happy to fill the order with the original crest, 27 on the back and all.

Here's their email
wooljumpers@playcorp.com.au

Amazing.

Did you just email them asking if they could do it or is there a "create your own" area on their website?

I'd absolutely love a '95 long sleeve Tooheys jumper.

Have you got a picture of yours?

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants
Amazing.

Did you just email them asking if they could do it or is there a "create your own" area on their website?

I'd absolutely love a '95 long sleeve Tooheys jumper.

Have you got a picture of yours?

The order was completed over email. A year or so later I also ordered an exact replica of Kevin Murray’s 1969 Fitzroy jumper for my old man (he’s a Saints fan, but loved watching Murray as a kid).

Here you go!!
885F9540-7777-4DA9-8D5C-63BADE03190B.jpeg

0538E99D-FD26-4CE3-B6A2-A1C322B58C84.jpeg

I went a bit larger just so I could wear it over a hoodie to games on the colder nights.

Last edited:
The order was completed over email. A year or so later I also ordered an exact replica of Kevin Murray’s 1969 Fitzroy jumper for my old man (he’s a Saints fan, but loved watching Murray as a kid).

Here you go!!
View attachment 1122796
View attachment 1122794
I went a bit larger just so I could wear it over a hoodie to games on the colder nights.
That's awesome.

I'm going to have to send them an email and see what they say.

Nice! Keep us up to date on how it goes. My advice is to go all in on the historical accuracy too. I can’t stand seeing the stickman (and mascots for other teams) on the current wool jumpers they sell
I've decided to go with the '97 strip with Tooheys on front and back. One of my favourite jumpers. Only thing that won't be accurate about it is that it'll be wool but I don't mind. It brings back a lot of great nostalgia for me anyway.

UzKsTRp.png

29SmqqQ.png

And I agree 100% with you on the inaccuracies of the logos on some of the woolen jumpers out there. Not sure why anyone would want to buy one.

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants
I've decided to go with the '97 strip with Tooheys on front and back. One of my favourite jumpers. Only thing that won't be accurate about it is that it'll be wool but I don't mind. It brings back a lot of great nostalgia for me anyway.

UzKsTRp.png

29SmqqQ.png

And I agree 100% with you on the inaccuracies of the logos on some of the woolen jumpers out there. Not sure why anyone would want to buy one.
Sweet! I'd be interested to know if they'd green light the Tooheys logo. I know they had it for the Spud replica, but I'd be cautious about them doing it for an individual customer. The intricate detailing of the modern crest might be a bit difficult to do too. Fingers crossed though!!

Now that this topic has popped up again, I'm feel an itch to get a replica 53-56 guernsey. It was the inspiration for our current clash kit.
roberts.jpg

Sweet! I'd be interested to know if they'd green light the Tooheys logo. I know they had it for the Spud replica, but I'd be cautious about them doing it for an individual customer. The intricate detailing of the modern crest might be a bit difficult to do too. Fingers crossed though!!

Now that this topic has popped up again, I'm feel an itch to get a replica 53-56 guernsey. It was the inspiration for our current clash kit.
roberts.jpg
That would look incredible. How much was the Breen guernsey?

This is absurd. Absolutely nailed everything I could need! It’s impossible to overrate this post

Back