Discussion State of our jumper

The Crusader and Candy Stripe jumpers will sell well, they are retro now, makes you look like an old school Saints supporter even if you buy a new one.

I never bought jumpers from that era but I've got some polo shirts from that era, I'd still wear them but they seem to have shrunk, I can't fit them now.

I prefer to blame the shirts rather than the fact I've got older and fatter.

The candy stripe does my head in, I can't handle the lack of symmetry.

Dard Ball Get

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
May 23, 2016
W.A
AFL Club
St Kilda
The candy stripe does my head in, I can't handle the lack of symmetry.
Candy stripe is liked by those who wear matching velour tracksuits and drive VT Commodores. Those with plastic on their lounges. Those with blue rinse perms.
The boys look like Barrels in his barbershop choir days.
Thin stripes = weakness.
Make all of or jumpers a version of the tri stripe and make em **ng thiccc.

That's my only ne problem with our home jumper, but I've learned to love it

Somehow the thin stripes look like pyjamas and set off some kind of OCD response in me. Perhaps familiarity has stopped it setting in on our traditional fat stripe home set up.

Sep 26, 2021
Saturn
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Somehow the thin stripes look like pyjamas and set off some kind of OCD response in me. Perhaps familiarity has stopped it setting in on our traditional fat stripe home set up.
I like this one.....(1918 Swans / Bloods.......marino wool)
1639957924713.png

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Personally, now that the umpires aren't in white themselves, I reckon we should go for a majority white top with one thin-ish red white and black racing stripe going vertically on our right, this poorly drawn facsimile gives the basic idea.
Project%20-%20Drawing%2017143428586597331814.jpg

Personally, now that the umpires aren't in white themselves, I reckon we should go for a majority white top with one thin-ish red white and black racing stripe going vertically on our right, this poorly drawn facsimile gives the basic idea.View attachment 1300085
5DTzdjv.png

gringo2011 will love this!

My son had one of those all white ones, maybe a training top circa 2009? Had the terrible crackle graphic filter over a big shield. Pure turd in a top. I still have trauma from it and anything white based is off limits.

My son had one of those all white ones, maybe a training top circa 2009? Had the terrible crackle graphic filter over a big shield. Pure turd in a top. I still have trauma from it and anything white based is off limits.
2007 clash strip, I remember it because it was that bad. Seared into my memory.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The fake vintage look was a rookie error, but I liked the top apart from that. I guess it was a bit unimaginative. There's a lot we could do with our colours and motifs if we'd be a bit less conservative. But an equally conservative and better balanced version would have the club crest in its pre sponsorship position and size and the middle reserved for our sponsors, soccer top style.

Still think the racing stripe is pretty stylish, but I'll accept my one minute scribble really didn't sell the concept.

Last edited:
The fake vintage look was a rookie error, but I liked the top apart from that. I guess it was a bit unimaginative. There's a lot we could do with our colours and motifs if we'd be a bit less conservative. But an equally conservative and better balanced version would have the club crest in its pre sponsorship position and size and the middle reserved for our sponsors, soccer top style.

Still think the racing stripe is pretty stylish, but I'll accept my one minute scribble really didn't sell the concept.

It's definitely a marketing opportunity. A red, a white and an all black as an alternative or even non playing kits would sell. Have a range for the Saints Locker. You could have days where you get the crowd to come in one colour even.

An all black playing kit with shield would look good. Like those all black St.K caps.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
It's definitely a marketing opportunity. A red, a white and an all black as an alternative or even non playing kits would sell. Have a range for the Saints Locker. You could have days where you get the crowd to come in one colour even.

An all black playing kit with shield would look good. Like those all black St.K caps.
I remember a few years ago when the CS really got organised and dressed in one of our 3 colours and each colour group sat together creating a human tricolour. Don't know why they didn't continue it, it looked awesome.

Sep 26, 2021
Saturn
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Personally, now that the umpires aren't in white themselves, I reckon we should go for a majority white top with one thin-ish red white and black racing stripe going vertically on our right, this poorly drawn facsimile gives the basic idea.View attachment 1300085
Get the umpires back in white I reckon.

no1saint66

Premium Platinum
Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I remember a few years ago when the CS really got organised and dressed in one of our 3 colours and each colour group sat together creating a human tricolour. Don't know why they didn't continue it, it looked awesome.

there were people in the cheer squad who made such a big deal out of it, actual tears and hysterics because they had to wear one colour.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
there were people in the cheer squad who made such a big deal out of it, actual tears and hysterics because they had to wear one colour.
That is pathetic - what the hell are they doing in a cheer squad?

Whatever happened to "Ask not what your club can do for you, but what you can do for your club"?

I dont mind this at all
Just need a bit of thicc-ness to those stripes

Back