Mod. Notice State of the Board - Feedback and Suggestions welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, oppos brought that on themselves

We used to be a really open board, but a combination of posters being two faced when posting here, and reporting our posters when on their board (and being reasonable) killed the tolerance of many (Inc myself)

I understand that, but, still doesn’t mean we shoot first and ask questions later. I don’t want an insular board. It means limited thought and conversation on footy.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Agree. It's hard at first as a newbie because a lot of long term posters just think you are only here for a short time.
You just need to post and get it all out there.
I do think we could be more welcoming to newbies though.

This for mine also includes not immediately assuming every newbie is an alt account just because they posted something negative.

I'll admit I've been guilty of this myself but thinking about it, it could drive away new posters if it turns out not true. Sometimes it might be a troll but other times it may just be a new poster wanting somewhere to vent.

I understand that, but, still doesn’t mean we shoot first and ask questions later. I don’t want an insular board. It means limited thought and conversation on footy.

guys like Snake have made their bed though, I get why people dont want to give him a 15th chance to not be a flog

guys like Snake have made their bed though, I get why people dont want to give him a 15th chance to not be a flog

Mate it was two years ago. People need to move on. I have. We are in danger of having an inbred insular board. Just my take on it. We should engage and discuss where warranted. Even with posters like Snake. The place would be boring without blokes like him.

Mate it was two years ago. People need to move on. I have. We are in danger of having an inbred insular board. Just my take on it. We should engage and discuss where warranted. Even with posters like Snake. The place would be boring without blokes like him.

you think im only rating him on Dusty? he was a flog long before then as Teffy

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
This for mine also includes not immediately assuming every newbie is an alt account just because they posted something negative.

I'll admit I've been guilty of this myself but thinking about it, it could drive away new posters if it turns out not true. Sometimes it might be a troll but other times it may just be a new poster wanting somewhere to vent.

This is what frustrates me . You offer an opinion or comment , get called a “ camiaigner”and the whole gang follows suit !! You learn not to comment on some posters comments . It’s just a waste .Giant cliques and the view that new posters have no cred !! In the end you just read , maybe a like but nothing else . I really admire CB17 jaklaugjing tiger2010 EJW Sterge grocadock Michaels and joelsyt , all encouraging with a positive disposition.
This is my second stint on BigFooty. I love the Tigercast , it’s brilliantly run and a highlight of my week . But the board needs to treAt fellowTigers with respect , be welcoming and save the vitriol and bullying crap for druggies supporters.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

you think im only rating him on Dusty? he was a flog long before then as Teffy

Yeah, but it’s internet banter. What we are really faced with is a first world problem on something that’s meant to be entertainment but we take way to seriously. Christ knows how good I could actually be at my job if it wasn’t for footy.

Yeah, but it’s internet banter. What we are really faced with is a first world problem on something that’s meant to be entertainment but we take way to seriously. Christ knows how good I could actually be at my job if it wasn’t for footy.

no s**t, but if its a choice between logging off so teffy can be a pain on our board or telling him to piss off, i prefer the latter

if snake wants to be taken seriously for impartial footy talk, too ******* late IMO

Agree mate. Snake was an insufferable twat.
But he has changed.
Do we show some leniency for people who have changed for the better or not?
Genuinely interested in your thoughts.

Agree mate. Snake was an insufferable twat.
But he has changed.
Do we show some leniency for people who have changed for the better or not?
Genuinely interested in your thoughts.

leniency yes, but a bloody short leash

no ****, but if its a choice between logging off so teffy can be a pain on our board or telling him to ********, i prefer the latter

if snake wants to be taken seriously for impartial footy talk, too ******* late IMO

I understand the why and the rationale, but, as i have stated, at what stage do we hang on or let go?

I understand the why and the rationale, but, as i have stated, at what stage do we hang on or let go?

we let go when they show they are not a complete and utter flog, on the mb and their own boards to us. until then, they can * off IMO

if this board is just a place for oppo posters to troll us, I'm done

we let go when they show they are not a complete and utter flog, on the mb and their own boards to us. until then, they can **** off IMO

I think you're being a bit harsh on us mods to be honest.

You know as well as anyone that any sign of a troll and we are all over it.

And that is proven. We look after our own.

But what we also do is encourage ALL opposition supporters to join in the footy talk.

And regardless if people don't like their past or not, if someone comes here posting genuine footy chat and comments they should be treated as such.

We cant just scream troll everytime an oppo poster with a blemish in the past posts something regardless of content.

No one wins in that situation.

I think you're being a bit harsh on us mods to be honest.

You know as well as anyone that any sign of a troll and we are all over it.

And that is proven. We look after our own.

But what we also do is encourage ALL opposition supporters to join in the footy talk.

And regardless if people don't like their past or not, if someone comes here posting genuine footy chat and comments they should be treated as such.

We cant just scream troll everytime an oppo poster with a blemish in the past posts something regardless of content.

No one wins in that situation.

You guys have modded during the lock down and when we are winning. This is nothing about mods today.

As for saying people like snake have the odd blemish, what's next, Frank Gallagher and his alts?

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
I think the board is in good shape with probably the most realistic and level headed mods in charge. I had almost five years of arguing with a poster on here and we made a peace treaty under the supervision of a mod.
I think the political correctness can go overboard at times and like posters have already stated people will find a reason to be offended.
If it ain’t broke then don’t touch it.

You guys have modded during the lock down and when we are winning. This is nothing about mods today.

As for saying people like snake have the odd blemish, what's next, Frank Gallagher and his alts?

Yeah but Frank hasnt shown effort to try and improve and have proper conversations on footy.

we let go when they show they are not a complete and utter flog, on the mb and their own boards to us. until then, they can **** off IMO

Where did we even give the impression that saying hey maybe discuss footy with people and don't just tell everyone to * off means everyone gets free reign to troll?

Where did we even give the impression that saying hey maybe discuss footy with people and don't just tell everyone to **** off means everyone gets free reign to troll?

This board tends to be one extreme or the other in my experience. It wasn't long ago RFC posters were being warned while oppos got a free pass because we wanted to encourage opposition poster engagement

My best times on this board and when you can engage in a good solid debate about a player or game plan or coach. For me there is nothing better than putting forward your opinion and having it questioned and then putting forward the reasons you believe that opinion, while also respecting the opposing point of view. To me that it when this board really becomes interesting and gets the mind ticking over about the game/players/coach. The thing I dislike in those situations is when 1. posters not involved in the discussion jump in and say how boring it is, sorry but not everyone is going to have the same opinions about every player, remember this is a discussion board, not a love in board, and 2. when the rebuttals become personal attacks rather than discussing the topic. When that happens I believe it stops newer members and even some of the older members from putting forward their opinion for fear of having the same thing happen to them.

My best times on this board and when you can engage in a good solid debate about a player or game plan or coach. For me there is nothing better than putting forward your opinion and having it questioned and then putting forward the reasons you believe that opinion, while also respecting the opposing point of view. To me that it when this board really becomes interesting and gets the mind ticking over about the game/players/coach. The thing I dislike in those situations is when 1. posters not involved in the discussion jump in and say how boring it is, sorry but not everyone is going to have the same opinions about every player, remember this is a discussion board, not a love in board, and 2. when the rebuttals become personal attacks rather than discussing the topic. When that happens I believe it stops newer members and even some of the older members from putting forward their opinion for fear of having the same thing happen to them.

All good points.

I love seeing some of the discussions on here with people explaining their points, it just shows how passionate we all are about the club which I love.

But like you said, as long as we all play the ball and not the man.

This board tends to be one extreme or the other in my experience. It wasn't long ago RFC posters were being warned while oppos got a free pass because we wanted to encourage opposition poster engagement

When has this ever happened?

If anything we are too lenient on you blokes sbs that has led to the shenanigans we see now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back