Mod. Notice State of the Board - Feedback and Suggestions welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
we let go when they show they are not a complete and utter flog, on the mb and their own boards to us. until then, they can **** off IMO

if this board is just a place for oppo posters to troll us, I'm done

I’m not in disagreement with you on trolling, but we know what the MB is like. If people are respectful on our board and are just talking footy, then we should engage them. Maybe then they become less of a DH on the main board? And on their own team board they can say what they want. We do on ours. What’s the difference?

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Just on the ALT accounts (good point raised RFC74), that’s where i reckon we nail the **********s hard. Smash their actual account based on the troll account. That’s a great way of taking out the trash. I would like more of that please.

Just on the ALT accounts (good point raised RFC74), that’s where i reckon we nail the **********s hard. Smash their actual account based on the troll account. That’s a great way of taking out the trash. I would like more of that please.

When we can see the main account we most definitely take it to the supers for action, a well known pest was recently permabanned because of this

When we can see the main account we most definitely take it to the supers for action, a well known pest was recently permabanned because of this

Yep and good on you guys. I hate the alt accounts. It’s my biggest gripe. I want internet death to those campaigners.

Yeah there is a really good system in place for this now which we have utilized a couple of times successfully.

But a lot of the times it only works due to you guys spotting it and reporting it, so you are all playing a good part in helping keep alts held accountable.

Where did we even give the impression that saying hey maybe discuss footy with people and don't just tell everyone to **** off means everyone gets free reign to troll?

This is weird. He literally came on to the board to troll and accuse the tiges of cheating the salary cap last week. But somehow that’s respectful posting on our board?

I’m all for allowing genuine posters to come on our board to discuss footy but this guy has done nothing to be given latitude to post what he did. Why?

This is weird. He literally came on to the board to troll and accuse the tiges of cheating the salary cap last week. But somehow that’s respectful posting on our board?

I’m all for allowing genuine posters to come on our board to discuss footy but this guy has done nothing to be given latitude to post what he did. Why?

Who are you talking about? Did you report his posts?

I didn’t see that one buddy.

Sorry thought the thread was clear it was snake

And do I really need to report snake posting salary cap cheating posts on our board if he’s such a good bloke?

I love this attitude,

"why do you let blokes troll"
"did you report any posts"
"no why should I"

When has this ever happened?

If anything we are too lenient on you blokes sbs that has led to the shenanigans we see now.
You blokes?

If you regret not banning me for something do it now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what I mean, there are a few on the board that would burn through accounts if we pulled them up on everything

I have never run an alt account on this board, but ban me now if you think I have or do, I'm done

I didn’t see that one buddy.

I don’t report that much. Maybe I should have this time. I mistakenly thought everyone remembered how much this guy s**t posted about the club and dusty when his contract was up. Granted he’s deleted a s**t load of what he posted.

I don’t report that much. Maybe I should have this time. I mistakenly thought everyone remembered how much this guy **** posted about the club and dusty when his contract was up. Granted he’s deleted a **** load of what he posted.

Mods can see deleted posts btw, it can’t be used to hide

Mods can see deleted posts btw, it can’t be used to hide

Yeah we can’t. So when he’s says to the average poster “ show me when I said that” he knows full well he’s deleted it.

He’s a snake alright.

I have never run an alt account on this board, but ban me now if you think I have or do, I'm done

What are you on about? You've gotten hung up on something that had nothing to do with you.

You mean you only mod reports?

It may shock you but no i don't read every post on the board

What are you on about? You've gotten hung up on something that had nothing to do with you.

It may shock you but no i don't read every post on the board

Listen mate I’m not here to pot you. You do a good job on the whole.

Feedback was asked and I gave it. I know you don’t read every post. Nor do I think you want me reporting every mildly annoying post.

I’m a supporter of you guys who have a tough job. And I’d like to think I don’t give any of you a hard time. But. When it comes to snake I’m at a loss as to the latitude this guy gets. It’s not like it’s reciprocated.

Anyway it’s yours to mod as you see fit.

Love

SL

Simple advice guys, put Snake on ignore, when he gets no bites he'll fade away. He takes great joy in trolling this board and people keep falling for it.

The only issue I have with the board is the amount of posts; it's too hard to find enough time to read them all :)

but yeah, the in-jokes take a bit of getting used to (and I'm sure I still don't know a bunch of them), but those sorts of jokes on the community that I am an administrator on make it a very nice place to inhabit and as long as a member answers accurately to a question about those in-jokes in community general-threads, then they're welcome, as far as I'm concerned.

The only thing I would change around here is to allow more latitude for people to insult eachother, as it makes for heaps of fun, but only in banter threads.

Simple advice guys, put Snake on ignore, when he gets no bites he'll fade away. He takes great joy in trolling this board and people keep falling for it.

yes, even the most recent time he was still trolling, calling our posters morons for saying he 100% thought dusty would go to norf. as soon as someone found one of his posts that he had forgotten to delete he disappeared lol. snake is an good old school classic internet troll and i doubt he cares about people bagging him. it's always fun when he heads over here

i have been guilty of raging at other oppo posters for no reason when i've had a few and we've lost that week and they come on over. will try to work on that. but sometimes they come here and be dicks then delete half their posts before the mods come online. i don't know if the mods always check all deleted posts because it seems like some oppos get away with being arseholes occasionally

in general I think this board is one of the most fun I've been on in the last 15 years of posting way too much on online forums. i don't think much is wrong but maybe some people will say i'm part of the problem. i would not want a crack down or any stricter moderating, nothing is worse on messages boards than that. right now i think the mods are pretty spot on, and aside from that campaigner Michaels I can't even tell that someone is a mod based on their posting, unlike the mainboard which is just a place for the admins and their buddies to get an ego boost and feel important

i don't think there's much if any actual homophobia/racism around here. you don't want to stop people having a laugh and i'm sure stuff that goes too far is already dealt with anyway

Last edited:
This is simply as a fyi as I thought it might need some clarification.

When opposition trolls come onto the board and are dealt with it is usually done in 2 ways.

1) a day off, which everyone can visibly see their account user name is in red and says day off, so you know what's happened.

2) they get warning points and if they are repeat offenders and it goes over the threshold they get a lengthy stint on the sidelines.

This one however doesnt show on the user name unless they cross the threshold. so there is no visual sign that anything has happened to them from a front end perspective.

This might give the impression that we haven't done anything about someone trolling, where in actual fact they have been hit with infraction points but it just doesnt show like a red card does on user names.

Reckon with the trolling a big issue is that we always engage and 'call them out' if we suspect something but that doesn't help anything
* If they are here for genuine discussion it drives them away
* If they're trolling they've gotten the reaction they want.

If the only replies such posts get are constructive and genuinely conversational, you can get a gauge on what the oppo poster is actually here for. Inflammatory ones accusing them of trolling do nothing, of course they're going to bite back a bit.
I think its in the rules/guidelines but I think there needs to be an emphasis on not trying to be a hero when we think there's a troll, reporting instead and moving on. How that gets broadcast to the wider community I have nfi.

Just wanted to put in an experience that I had in regards to trolling after our win aginst Melbourne on Anzac eve I went over to the Melbourne board and posted on there post game thread somthing that I completely intended to be a triggering comment and wanted the opp posters to bite back (I know I shouldn’t have but hey I can be a dick sometimes)

I think it was somthing about Sydney stack but what I got was one of there supporters saying how great stack was witch led to a genuine discussion chain I had with a number of Melbourne supporters about the nature of drafting that was really good that lasted a couple of hours

I know it’s not easy at the time but it shows that just because someone comes here to troll or just be an ass instead of always biting back and giving the troll what they want in an angry response
If possible try and create a discussion on the topic that the comment may be about

I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back