Mod. Notice State of the Board - Feedback and Suggestions welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, even the most recent time he was still trolling, calling our posters morons for saying he 100% thought dusty would go to norf. as soon as someone found one of his posts that he had forgotten to delete he disappeared lol. snake is an good old school classic internet troll and i doubt he cares about people bagging him. it's always fun when he heads over here

i have been guilty of raging at other oppo posters for no reason when i've had a few and we've lost that week and they come on over. will try to work on that. but sometimes they come here and be dicks then delete half their posts before the mods come online. i don't know if the mods always check all deleted posts because it seems like some oppos get away with being arseholes occasionally

in general I think this board is one of the most fun I've been on in the last 15 years of posting way too much on online forums. i don't think much is wrong but maybe some people will say i'm part of the problem. i would not want a crack down or any stricter moderating, nothing is worse on messages boards than that. right now i think the mods are pretty spot on, and aside from that campaigner Michaels I can't even tell that someone is a mod based on their posting, unlike the mainboard which is just a place for the admins and their buddies to get an ego boost and feel important

i don't think there's much if any actual homophobia/racism around here. you don't want to stop people having a laugh and i'm sure stuff that goes too far is already dealt with anyway
You're welcome btw :tearsofjoy:

Hey mods can we maybe have a general afl thread with the opposition camp tag so the grown ups on this board can have actual interesting conversations with opposition supporters without the non-grown ups chucking a hissy fit? Give em back their precious no opposition supporters opposition thread?

Hey mods can we maybe have a general afl thread with the opposition camp tag so the grown ups on this board can have actual interesting conversations with opposition supporters without the non-grown ups chucking a hissy fit? Give em back their precious no opposition supporters opposition thread?

To be fair I don’t know why this wasn’t done in the first place.

Mate it was two years ago. People need to move on. I have. We are in danger of having an inbred insular board. Just my take on it. We should engage and discuss where warranted. Even with posters like Snake. The place would be boring without blokes like him.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

If we become inbred, we will be just like the other boards:p

The attacking the man scenario is a mere pimple on the bum of an elephant in comparison to 4-5 years ago.
I ******* hate the amount of stickied threads we have on the richmond board, but are happy to accept it is not an issue for the majority.
The world will never be perfect and we currently live in a world of people looking to be offended by something.

This post offends me you fat hillbilly.

coming ASAP

This is what frustrates me . You offer an opinion or comment , get called a “ camiaigner”and the whole gang follows suit !! You learn not to comment on some posters comments . It’s just a waste .Giant cliques and the view that new posters have no cred !! In the end you just read , maybe a like but nothing else . I really admire CB17 jaklaugjing tiger2010 EJW Sterge grocadock Michaels and joelsyt , all encouraging with a positive disposition.
This is my second stint on BigFooty. I love the Tigercast , it’s brilliantly run and a highlight of my week . But the board needs to treAt fellowTigers with respect , be welcoming and save the vitriol and bullying crap for druggies supporters.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You know what ? My red flag normally goes up when someone has an account thats 7 years old with 14 posts but makes threads with something like " Should we sack Hardwick?" or some such that feeds the sterotype the MB has for us. I normally just report it and move on and let the mods work out if its a legit user or not.

I can be pretty defensive of our club though and if its a first post from a new account that slags off the club I used to retort but have stopped now as there is no point as there are so many alt accounts used by the main trolls from other boards lol. For the record mate, if i have ever made you feel unwelcome i unreservedly apologise.

Look at the bright side though, you have not been accused of having a micro dick :p

You know what ? My red flag normally goes up when someone has an account thats 7 years old with 14 posts but makes threads with something like " Should we sack Hardwick?" or some such that feeds the sterotype the MB has for us. I normally just report it and move on and let the mods work out if its a legit user or not.

I can be pretty defensive of our club though and if its a first post from a new account that slags off the club I used to retort but have stopped now as there is no point as there are so many alt accounts used by the main trolls from other boards lol. For the record mate, if i have ever made you feel unwelcome i unreservedly apologise.

Look at the bright side though, you have not been accused of having a micro dick :p

Wasn’t really an accusation. More of a public confession which was very brave of you little dick.

Sorry, sticky posts get scrolled past because they've been there forever and never get updated. I just spam filter them in my brain. I missed this one.

What I always liked about the opposition observation thread was it had some actual insights from people who watched the other games or might know opposition players personally, yet you could also engage in some heckling of that bald cheating campaigner with the Bible in his handbag.

Sorry for all the extra work these past few days.

As others have pointed out, the major issue with this board is Richmond posters being too quick to attack opposition posters. There is no need to attack someone who isn’t here to troll even if they their stated opinion is negative towards Richmond. After all, this board is a discussion forum about Richmond.

The good thing about this board is that it’s probably one of the most welcome board to its own supporters out of any board, but I find it one of the most hostile towards posters that do not support Richmond. I have had some great experiences posting on the Brisbane, West Coast, Fremantle and even the Collingwood board, yet I am not confident that the posters who treated me kindly there can come onto our board without copping a barrage of abuse. This seriously needs to change.

As others have pointed out, the major issue with this board is Richmond posters being too quick to attack opposition posters. There is no need to attack someone who isn’t here to troll even if they their stated opinion is negative towards Richmond. After all, this board is a discussion forum about Richmond.

The good thing about this board is that it’s probably one of the most welcome board to its own supporters out of any board, but I find it one of the most hostile towards posters that do not support Richmond. I have had some great experiences posting on the Brisbane, West Coast, Fremantle and even the Collingwood board, yet I am not confident that the posters who treated me kindly there can come onto our board without copping a barrage of abuse. This seriously needs to change.

And unfortunately we tried that last night and one person posting broke the board.

I'm actually really disapointed to be honest with you, especially in the responses from a few people.

The accusations that get thrown at us whenever we card someone on this board which are normally vehemently denied, next time I'll just shrug go yeah you are right but you're getting carded anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So much uproar over a badge on a thread on the internet.
I'd hate to see how some of you deal with actual real problems in your lives.

Don't be patronising.

The idea was never going to work in that particular thread.

We now have a good solution. Problem solved and we move on.

Jesus move on. No need for that type of remark lol.

It was not just about the tag, if you think that, then obviously you read none of the feedback. That is all it was, feedback, it was not personal or a full on frontal assault. Remarks like yours tugga and you know i respect you just tell me you blokes have taken the feedback personally and you should not have.

I intentionally left the opposition thread yesterday arvo and clearly have missed something.

Jesus move on. No need for that type of remark lol.

It was not just about the tag, if you think that, then obviously you read none of the feedback. That is all it was, feedback, it was not personal or a full on frontal assault. Remarks like yours tugga and you know i respect you just tell me you blokes have taken the feedback personally and you should not have.
I take it personally when I have seen some of the disgusting PMs posters have sent to some of my fellow mods.
All over a thread change that we said we would change back if it didn't work.
Well it didn't work clearly because our own posters never wanted to give it a chance in the first place.
Anyway, it's done now.
I think we all need to realise there are human beings on the other side of our computer or phone screens.
I guess at the end of the day, it's your board (Richmond supporters) so we mods probably just to realise that as well.

I take it personally when I have seen some of the disgusting PMs posters have sent to some of my fellow mods.
Well it didn't work clearly because our own posters never wanted to give it a chance in the first place.
Anyway, it's done now.
I think we all need to realise there are human beings on the other side of our computer or phone screens.
I guess at the end of the day, it's your board (Richmond supporters) so we mods probably just to realise that as well.

I still think you are a beautiful human. Will be turning up to Hawks and Bombers with my boys, but going to the Geelong game solo. We should have a beer at the usual spot?

Anyway, it's done now.

If posters have sent PM like you say then go at them. As to not giving it ago, most had no bloody idea as they missed the request for feedback.

Anyway what's done is done

If posters have sent PM like you say then go at them. As to not giving it ago, most had no bloody idea as they missed the request for feedback.

Anyway what's done is done

Mate the carry on and vitriol from some blokes last night was a disgrace, facts are not one of you put your hands up to be a mod when we asked, not one of you bothered to give feedback in the thread titled feedback wanted.
We made a change it didn't work, we live and we learn, buy i get less tantrums from my one year old than we got from grown adults last night because one Geelong supporter posted.

Mate the carry on and vitriol from some blokes last night was a disgrace, facts are not one of you put your hands up to be a mod when we asked, not one of you bothered to give feedback in the thread titled feedback wanted.
We made a change it didn't work, we live and we learn, buy i get less tantrums from my one year old than we got from grown adults last night because one Geelong supporter posted.
And lets face it, he was practically invited to make a comment! Not blaming anyone (Tiger Toffee :tearsofjoy:) , just trying to put the situation into perspective.

For those that threw vitriol at the mods either via Pm or post card the *ers but don't you ******* dare tar all of us with the same brush!

As to not offering to be a mod. You can * off with that attack. I have offered myself not once but twice to do it and its been made very clear to me that I have been blacklisted by the admin on this site.

As to tantrums you are the one throwing them. You ask for feedback in a thread that's titled feedback when most people ignore it once they have read it due to being a sticky thread. Just bloody make a thread asking fat or change the title so people know.

The thread is titled feedback and suggestions welcomed. Changing it to "feedback needed for rule change needed now" or somthing similar would have got you the result you wanted. You just seem to bloody ignore that point

For those that threw vitriol at the mods either via Pm or post card the ******s but don't you ******* dare tar all of us with the same brush!

As to not offering to be a mod. You can **** off with that attack. I have offered myself not once but twice to do it and its been made very clear to me that I have been blacklisted by the admin on this site.

As to tantrums you are the one throwing them. You ask for feedback in a thread that's titled feedback when most people ignore it once they have read it due to being a sticky thread. Just bloody make a thread asking fat or change the title so people know.

The thread is titled feedback and suggestions welcomed. Changing it to "feedback needed for rule change needed now" or somthing similar would have got you the result you wanted. You just seem to bloody ignore that point

Nd made this thread 11 days ago so we could get feedback and he put feedback welcome in the title, how much clearer do you need it?
It not on us that you don't pay attention.

Nd made this thread 11 days ago so we could get feedback and he put feedback welcome in the title, how much clearer do you need it?
It not on us that you don't pay attention.

You can't be serious lol.

This is a waste of time now

Not one post in this thread from a mod stating we are going to move the non OPPO tag, what do you think is in this thread. So how were you asking so clearly for feedback?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back