Analysis State of the Football Club.

Remove this Banner Ad

The state of the club? no spine. Freo with all the off-field unsavory rubbish going on with their coach etc, gets flogged the week before, comes out and plays for the coach, plays with confidence and poise..we kick one goal until half time and look like dog's poo. If you think our outfit is playing for the coach, then good luck to you.
But, but... the 3rd quarter! :rolleyes:

But doesn’t most people think we are bland now. I’d have him in heartbeat. At least we know he can coach. Anyway he isn’t coming so we keep richo or get someone else. Most likely another untried ciach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know he has coached well in the past but I think he's a bit one trick pony and is struggling to adapt to modern footy. Sheeds and Malthouse were good coaches but don't want them now.

they've all been released publicly:

2009: andrew lovett rape case. luke ball falling out. steven baker trouble at a pub.
2010: kim duthie saga. lenny hayes & baker trouble at a club. players taking sleeping pills, breaching booze ban and abusing locals in NZ. baker suspended plus bowling ball incident. trout quits under load. ross losses a bunch of borrowed money on the stock market. sells home. moves in with in laws.
2011: sam fisher assaulted in night club. players told not to attend education & training outside of football club activities. leaves club owing a board of director 1-2 million, does not inform him.
2012: walters behavioural issues. curley quits.
2013: josh simpson issues. ballantyne suspended 4th time in 2 years. alleged sexual harrassment at a work function.
2014: colin sylvia issues and sagas. altercation with a fan.
2015: crowd violence, woman off duty cop assaulted. crowley tests positive.
2016: johnson charged with assault. yarran dumped by club over false charge, develops meth amphetamine addiction. bennell sagas. balic issues. sumich threatens to throw ross out a window if he keeps speaking to assistants in the manner he does. sumich quits.
2017: blakely stepped down over sickie. players stepped down over breaching drink ban. yarran issues spiral (subi assisting with AFLPA, freo no where to be seen)
2018: 2nd allegation against ross. brad hill charged. rumors of 3rd sexual harassment case. yarran death (more on this, lets just say up to individuals to issue own condolences). cowan female AFLW coach quits.
hol e sh*t

damning stuff

thanks for that

I actually just meant like, care to share what went on in regards to these latest allegations, but still good post

they've all been released publicly:

2009: andrew lovett rape case. luke ball falling out. steven baker trouble at a pub.
2010: kim duthie saga. lenny hayes & baker trouble at a club. players taking sleeping pills, breaching booze ban and abusing locals in NZ. baker suspended plus bowling ball incident. trout quits under load. ross losses a bunch of borrowed money on the stock market. sells home. moves in with in laws.
2011: sam fisher assaulted in night club. players told not to attend education & training outside of football club activities. leaves club owing a board of director 1-2 million, does not inform him.
2012: walters behavioural issues. curley quits.
2013: josh simpson issues. ballantyne suspended 4th time in 2 years. alleged sexual harrassment at a work function.
2014: colin sylvia issues and sagas. altercation with a fan.
2015: crowd violence, woman off duty cop assaulted. crowley tests positive.
2016: johnson charged with assault. yarran dumped by club over false charge, develops meth amphetamine addiction. bennell sagas. balic issues. sumich threatens to throw ross out a window if he keeps speaking to assistants in the manner he does. sumich quits.
2017: blakely stepped down over sickie. players stepped down over breaching drink ban. yarran issues spiral (subi assisting with AFLPA, freo no where to be seen)
2018: 2nd allegation against ross. brad hill charged. rumors of 3rd sexual harassment case. yarran death (more on this, lets just say up to individuals to issue own condolences). cowan female AFLW coach quits.
Impressive summary, yet creepy at the same time.

Pretty sure Trout quit for reasons involving his load and got busted.

hol e sh*t

damning stuff

thanks for that

I actually just meant like, care to share what went on in regards to these latest allegations, but still good post

there's a trend there. players under his coaching seem to have very public issues with alcohol and or drugs. plus he seems to burn out those around him. back in 2010 you would take it given how cutting edge he was in many aspects, but now, i can't think of one thing he has innovated in 10 years. he's well past it, now you're just left with the issues.

there's a trend there. players under his coaching seem to have very public issues with alcohol and or drugs. plus he seems to burn out those around him. back in 2010 you would take it given how cutting edge he was in many aspects, but now, i can't think of one thing he has innovated in 10 years. he's well past it, now you're just left with the issues.
but he does that thing where he says all the stuff he wants to say and then after he says, 'and you know, that's what I'd like to say',

except there's no caveat, no 'but what I have to say is x', he just leaves it at that.

I think I mostly want him back for the same reason I want richo gone, which is his work in the press conference. Get him when he's a little bit tetchy but fresh off a tight win, look out!

I know he has coached well in the past but I think he's a bit one trick pony and is struggling to adapt to modern footy. Sheeds and Malthouse were good coaches but don't want them now.

People overrate coaches. He has struggled because freo haven’t been much good. He is good enough to build a side to become good again but no matter how good coaches are if the side is no good then neither is the coach. As expected some liking your post are those loudest in wanting richo sacked where as our problem is the list as well as coaching.

Dear Joffa

I regret to inform you that no-one can actually read any of your state-of-the-art emojis but we're all too polite to say so.

Respectfully yours

Kilroy
What a pity, they all by pass the swear filter and really get people back for saying unkind things about me.

Oh well will have to have little bitch sessions instead via PM, apparently thats what all the cool kids do

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firmly disagree

I live near Essendon and Tulla. They’re literally 10 minutes within each other.

Same with Collingwood and Joliment.

Not sure about Hawthorn and Waverly cause that’s the other side of town but I’m guessing they’re close if not there dumb as well.

St Kilda and Moorabbin aren’t even close lol. I can cop being call St Kilda but based in Brighton or even Caulfield but not in the sticks

Moorabbin is about 12 klms from st kilda and a quick trip straight down nepean highway.

St kilda is a great place to live and visit I'm sure its not everyone's cup of tea but its popularity is pretty well reflected in the real estate prices of st kilda, west st kilda and east st kilda.

St kilda the team visit the local schools and work in the local community as well as the photo opps training at the beach, so they appear to value the connection.

St kilda enjoy good support in the area but the days of any suburb being rusted on to any team are mostly long gone.

The afl have an interactive map showing where teams enjoy support it may be a bit deceptive but collingwood and Carlton are both listed with reservoir as their number 1 supporter base.

The saints briefly tried using the name southern saints, I guess it wasn't that successful which is surprising because according to that afl site the saints own the bayside when it comes to support.

At any rate I don't see it as an issue at all.

What trend?

Are you insinuating that players mess up because of his coaching?

Did he tell Lovett to go out and allegedly rape someone?

Did he force the boys to get involved with Duthie?

Did he tell Fisher to do what he did?

And what about the GFC? Quite a few people lost money.

As far as the dockers go, if you recruit troubled players, then the odds are that you will have problems.

What trend?

As far as the dockers go, if you recruit troubled players, then the odds are that you will have problems.
Vexed question isn't it, we recruit guys with good character and we're accused of being soft.

We recruit some lads we're an out of control rabble.

High achieving sportsmen are mostly alpha males, a coach may set the tone on how much leeway guys get on drinking curfew's etc but you can't pin a players criminal behaviour on him.

Patriots have arguably the best coach/gm in the business yet they had Aaron Hernandez playing for them. He was found guilty of murder and implicated in at least two others.

You can love or hate rtb but you can't sheet that home to him IMO.

People overrate coaches. He has struggled because freo haven’t been much good. He is good enough to build a side to become good again but no matter how good coaches are if the side is no good then neither is the coach. As expected some liking your post are those loudest in wanting richo sacked where as our problem is the list as well as coaching.

Even when they were better he had a lock it down game style that is low scoring and a grind. It's great when you win all the time but when the finals come it's hard to sustain to the same level and his sides never go as well one on one which coaches have used against him quite well, never getting a big scoring break also never gives you breathing room. Geelong have slowed footy down against the grain and used it really well this year. Game plans can change and get a jump on the comp, Ross I can't see changing.

What trend?

It could be like Malthouse where he just doesn't care if they are dickheads off field as long as hey do well on field.

It could be like Malthouse where he just doesn't care if they are dickheads off field as long as hey do well on field.
The only decent list he had to work with was us and took us a Bee's sick from a flag. He took over someone else's list.

At Freo he did the same and immediately took them to finals.

The malthouse move was a disaster because it happened for the wrong reasons IMO.

His Collingwood list was built for him and he won a flag. Carlton's wasn't and there was no way they would transition into a contender immediately like we did.

Even if Lyon or Clarkson came to us, it would be a long slog before we become top 4 because there would be at least two more years of churn until either one had the list they needed to succeed.

Even when they were better he had a lock it down game style that is low scoring and a grind. It's great when you win all the time but when the finals come it's hard to sustain to the same level and his sides never go as well one on one which coaches have used against him quite well, never getting a big scoring break also never gives you breathing room. Geelong have slowed footy down against the grain and used it really well this year. Game plans can change and get a jump on the comp, Ross I can't see changing.

Well I disagree. When you lose grand finals by 12 points and zero points it’s more good luck than good management. Still think freo went better under Lyon than their list should have but no matter who coaches a poor list is a poor list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back