Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2016
The Gong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Black Caps the Mighty All Black
Frankly effing embarrassing.
I feel we are mocked by the Victorian overlords.

I wonder is the round 2.game in danger of being moved?

If you look at the SCG draw with the exception of Anzac Day week, we have a minimum of five days between every other event and our games - the draw has been done primarily to suit us, whether it appears that way or not.
It is what it is and even if Gladys loses the election and dopey Daley wins, Allianz will be unavailable all season and there are no viable alternatives, so we all just need to suck it up.

If you look at the SCG draw with the exception of Anzac Day week, we have a minimum of five days between every other event and our games - the draw has been done primarily to suit us, whether it appears that way or not.
It is what it is and even if Gladys loses the election and dopey Daley wins, Allianz will be unavailable all season and there are no viable alternatives, so we all just need to suck it up.
Move the rectangle games to WSS.

LOL as if Rootsers fans will travel there

Move the rectangle games to WSS.

LOL as if Rootsers fans will travel there
WSS = BISP I'm guessing?

Yeah that would be the logical thing to do but would never happen in ten million years!

Rugby is the biggest problem, tears up the ground more than the other three sports combined. Drummoyne oval was apparently discussed as an option for the Waratahs but that idea has been discarded. At least there's only two rugby games left.

WSS is Western Sydney Stadium which is in Parramatta, due to be opened soon.

I can't see Drummoyne Oval being a viable option for the Waratahs, it's basically a suburban ground with limited seating and not much support in terms of parking and public transport getting there.

Ridiculous. The turf has been laid for cricket & footy... not rugby. Clearly. It is a sandy soft deck, not designed for scrums & the kind of abuse a rugby game will throw at it.

It's not good for the ground nor the game of rugby. So move the rugby to a more solid, packed surface designed to take that kind of play.

I just don't get it. Sacrifice 3 other codes (AFL/A league/NRL) for one?! That's stupid.

WSS is Western Sydney Stadium which is in Parramatta, due to be opened soon.

I can't see Drummoyne Oval being a viable option for the Waratahs, it's basically a suburban ground with limited seating and not much support in terms of parking and public transport getting there.
Yeah if they had to move the Tahs the best option would be Concord. The seating there is a bit larger and its location near a couple of fields/Parramatta Road should assist the lack of parking issue.

Roosters the bigger issue. Where else can they realistically play that's convenient to get to from the Eastern Suburbs?

I thought that the SCG and the SFS were both managed by the same trust. If that's the case, there's the problem. They are contracted to provide a venue and have no choice but to do so...

I thought that the SCG and the SFS were both managed by the same trust. If that's the case, there's the problem. They are contracted to provide a venue and have no choice but to do so...
Indeed the Trust owns both the SCG and the SFS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mint
52868351_2233288246759182_726594959087501312_o.jpg

Ridiculous. The turf has been laid for cricket & footy... not rugby. Clearly. It is a sandy soft deck, not designed for scrums & the kind of abuse a rugby game will throw at it.

It's not good for the ground nor the game of rugby. So move the rugby to a more solid, packed surface designed to take that kind of play.

I just don't get it. Sacrifice 3 other codes (AFL/A league/NRL) for one?! That's stupid.
It’s so overblown...not as if there are spikes or sprinklers sitting up at Fitzpatrick Stadium!

Chill people... when has the SCG ground staff let us down? Let's just hang in there for a few rounds before we predict disaster!

Yep... the doom and gloomsters off to a flyer in ‘19.
Ground looked pretty good last night. Dare I say it, the cricket pitch seemed to be causing more problems than any canyons caused by rah rah scrummaging.... suppose it’s to be expected, that a game that can go for 5 days and still not get a result, can also impact on 3 winter sports.

Watched the news the other day and saw the damage those Union neanderthals did to the ground and immediately thought about what affect that may have on an AFL game.

One of the articles in the paper stated that 300 gazillion square metres of "quick sew" turf was going to be laid thus ending all of the problems.

You have to assume that the experts know better than the mere armchair observers but I can see a serious injury or two occurring if they get it wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back