Review State of the Swans Board - Have your say [Poll closes 31/8/18]

What are your issues (if any) with the Swans board? [Poll closes 31/8/18]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said he wasn't , but you can't ask for people to contribute funds or advertise on here.

Fair enough. Was not aware of fund raising. However given the links posted here at various times to afl, sen, fairfax and worst of all Murdoch, I don't mind the fella posting links to his site.

MK38

All Australian
Oct 3, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Not much wrong with the board.

The only small issue I have is the fact that we can’t criticise the club rightfully in some cases.
I don't think anyone says you can't criticise the club, many do. But obviously what you say (negative or positive) will get a reaction. If someone responds to you in a respective way I don't see the problem. Isn't that what the board is about? Someone posts, someone replies.

It was instructive to read a bit of the Crows site yesterday. It is clear a number of posters there have been raising concerns about the Admin and Footy department most of the year. Equally clear they have copped it for being critical from those that refuse to countenance their Club can do no wrong.

I think we are more balanced. I don't think there are the same fault lines between critics and defenders here.

It was instructive to read a bit of the Crows site yesterday. It is clear a number of posters there have been raising concerns about the Admin and Footy department most of the year. Equally clear they have copped it for being critical from those that refuse to countenance their Club can do no wrong.

I think we are more balanced. I don't think there are the same fault lines between critics and defenders here.

Every year the Crows don't win a flag the Crows board want to sack someone from their club. You can set your watch to it.

Every year the Crows don't win a flag the Crows board want to sack someone from their club. You can set your watch to it.

In this case they seem justified. Most years it seems they lose a very good player. Burton, Pyke and the AFC Board seem whack jobs.

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
so, maybe the mods can let me know... am i allowed to argue that alex johnson should be delisted yet or is that still considered trolling?

so, maybe the mods can let me know... am i allowed to argue that alex johnson should be delisted yet or is that still considered trolling?

.. a legit point of view I would have thought (tho don't agree).

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
this is exactly what i wrote to get suspended for a week (as quoted to me by the mod):

"johnson beaten twice on the lead and misses an easy kick that would have set allir off up the ground. then dows his knee. prime example of an individual being put before the club for too long now."

TROLLING was the explanation.

this is the problem : you are not allowed to have an opinion and back it up with evidence or reasoned argument if it goes against a certain mods bias.

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Oh stop it.

That's a fairly moderate response from you. ;)

I'm all good, happy to move on from it. Australia is such a great country where we can change social direction, prime ministers, and we just shrug our shoulders and get on with it. We're pretty blessed to be living here i reckon.

Are you familiar with the story of the boy who cried wolf?

Yep. Fair point. Tho if I had the misfortune to support the Crows, I would be appalled at the behaviour of the Club and its footy department to their players.

Whatever our criticisms of Mule and Harley, none of us could believe they would orchestrate and subject Bloods players to some Lord of the Flies, Duntroon hazing.

That's a fairly moderate response from you. ;)

I'm all good, happy to move on from it. Australia is such a great country where we can change social direction, prime ministers, and we just shrug our shoulders and get on with it. We're pretty blessed to be living here i reckon.

The suggestion that your marriage would somehow be diminished because Bedford can now marry his boyfriend wasn't believable. ;)

We don't need to agree. As long as we don't kill each other because we disagree it all works out in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Fair point. Tho if I had the misfortune to support the Crows, I would be appalled at the behaviour of the Club and its footy department to their players.

Whatever our criticisms of Mule and Harley, none of us could believe they would orchestrate and subject Bloods players to some Lord of the Flies, Duntroon hazing.

There is clearly some other issues at that club, a pity that it took hazing to bring it out.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
I agree about the same sex vote thread becoming absolutely vicious and personal attacks against a few of us game enough to have an opinion about being a no voter. Shouldn't have been allowed to continue in that fashion, was left unchecked.
Not at all surprising mtooler that you were attacked for that. The site owner only appoints mods with a left leaning attitude like his. There are a few mods in particular who will actually suspend you for stating those beliefs even when you haven't breached the rules. Big footy is worse than the ABC. That's why I only come here when the trade news starts heating up.

Not at all surprising mtooler that you were attacked for that. The site owner only appoints mods with a left leaning attitude like his. There are a few mods in particular who will actually suspend you for stating those beliefs even when you haven't breached the rules. Big footy is worse than the ABC. That's why I only come here when the trade news starts heating up.

wow....

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I agree about the same sex vote thread becoming absolutely vicious and personal attacks against a few of us game enough to have an opinion about being a no voter. Shouldn't have been allowed to continue in that fashion, was left unchecked.

Yeah was pretty horrible. I have no problem that someone might disagree with me....but it crosses the line when holding a different opinion makes me a target for vicious vilification. One poster even insisted I be convinced to his viewpoint otherwise he would continue to persecute me because people like me don't deserve to exist. o_O

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah was pretty horrible. I have no problem that someone might disagree with me....but it crosses the line when holding a different opinion makes me a target for vicious vilification. One poster even insisted I be convinced to his viewpoint otherwise he would continue to persecute me because people like me don't deserve to exist. o_O

Yeah, says a whole lot about the character of the person making such claims and statements about others. The irony is they think their statements are a reflection about who they are abusing.

M Tooler, Puke and Opts,

I think a lot of people have had enough of people who subscribe to any religion telling them what they can and cannot do.

Three points.

From memory of that debate it was impassioned both ways but not over the top.

Personally I am opposed to any form of marriage authorised by the State or by an institution aligned to a religion. The referendum obviously posed a conundrum for me.

I think the silent majority who are not religious need to be more active in contending with those who subscribe to religious belief systems and their institutions. The Catholic Church's opposition obliging priests taking confession from under age unless there is an adult there in sightline for example is odious.

The mods did the right thing moving the debate out of the footy threads into the Bar.

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
M Tooler, Puke and Opts,

I think a lot of people have had enough of people who subscribe to any religion telling them what they can and cannot do.

Three points.

Personally I am opposed to any form of marriage authorised by the State or by an institution aligned to a religion. The referendum obviously posed a conundrum for me.

I think the silent majority who are not religious need to be more active in contending with those who subscribe to religious belief systems and their institutions. The Catholic Church's opposition obliging priests taking confession from under age unless there is an adult there in sightline for example is odious.

The mods did the right thing moving the debate out of the footy threads into the Bar.

It was well over the top, bullying and innapropriate is my recollection.

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
M Tooler, Puke and Opts,

Three points.

You clearly didn't read the entire thread then because at times it was disgraceful. Some qualified as impassioned debate much was ridicule, vilification and emotional abuse, name calling and shaming Etc. I wasn't allowed to say no for the convictions I had without being labelled and harassed. Like I said- disgraceful

9E8F59CD-EB18-4F66-850A-14AEDF828D11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back