Autopsy Statement made Against Collingwood 27 point winners

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Reid

Dane Rampe kicks his first major in six years

It's the feel. It's the vibe. It is the bottom six players in your best 22.

From our team our bottom six as of round 22 are:

McDonald
Clarke
Fox
Stephens
Reid
McInerney?Hayward? (Gets real hard here)

All players play their role and is very, very hard to name them as bottom six as all can turn it on.

IMO this is what has elevated us this year

Well, there could be an argument that after his performances in the last 3 weeks Fox is no longer bottom 6. In fact I'd have a couple of others below him. Last week Fox got 19, kept Elliot to 6 disposals, no goals. Kept Zurhaar to 2.1 & 9, got 12. Against GWS got 19, kept Lloyd to 7, no goals. Well done Foxy.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It depends but I doubt it. We will likely play on Saturday given our game is on the Sunday, giving us a 13 day break. With Sydney's airport rules I suspect it will be Saturday twilight unless Freo also have a home game on the Saturday which might not even be a factor at all

Pencil us in for a Saturday final
Thought It would have been the Friday

Hopefully not as will be on a plane to states

Did anyone watch McCrae's presser? Mentioned the shape of the SCG didn't allow us this & that....
Correct, the SCG is not the MCG - see what happens when you travel - you become more wordly (well, Ozly?) and learn that grounds and crowds are a tad different away from the G.

BTW, the crowd was a big + on our side today - loudest I've heard for quite some time! Well done with the contributions to the Swans noise for all who were there today!
Even though the AFL tried to stack the crowd with Pies supporters by declaring Swans tickets sold out but still selling to Pies members. My Swans friends tried to book a Red Zone ticket for a friend and could not. But Pies people were still getting tickets. That sucks.

Saints would have to win by a lot in that case. Or win in a low scoring game, keeping us to less than about 8 goals. It also relies on two factors, Carlton losing & Dogs either losing or having a shoot out, blowing the percentage. It's pretty difficult. If the Dogs only win by a small amount but concede a big score and Carlton score well against Pies but just lose then they scrape in. There are so many scenarios in the Eight atm.

Think you have got that wrong.
If either Carlton or the dogs lost by a small margin their % would reduce by a relatively small margin. No more than 1%.
As a result St.Kilda would need to increase theirs by at least 8%. In order to do so, they would need to beat us by around 130points or more.
Their only hope which is very unlikely would be all of: Carlton lose by around 12 goals as do the dogs and St.Kilda beat us by a similar margin.
Write your own ticket for that to happen.

Made some solid tackles today too
Perh
I don’t boo anyone, cus it’s weird for a middle age man to do so, however weather you like it or not Ginniven absolutely has brought this on himself. Carrying on like a big head, light work video, social media interactions etc, you're gunna get it in Australia. Australians hate this type of person and we always have and will. He made his bed now and weather it’s right or wrong he has to lie in it.
He’s trying to play with an American persona in a country that rejects it.
i an middle aged and enjoyed booing yesterday. A nice stress release at the expense of a Collingwood player. Just part of the politically incorrect theatre that is Footy. One of the last bastions. But when Collingwood fans (or anyone for that matter) boo Goodes for the colour of his skin, that’s not just politically incorrect, that’s downright supremacist and nasty. Not on.

Thank you to all at the game.
We heard you loud and clear from TV coverage.
One of the biggest cheers was for Blakey 🦎 breaking away along the wing :)

SCG round 22.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, there could be an argument that after his performances in the last 3 weeks Fox is no longer bottom 6. In fact I'd have a couple of others below him. Last week Fox got 19, kept Elliot to 6 disposals, no goals. Kept Zurhaar to 2.1 & 9, got 12. Against GWS got 19, kept Lloyd to 7, no goals. Well done Foxy.

We don't really have a bottom six these days. We just have this well oiled machine capable of some silky smooth performances.

But enough about buddy and his overuse of baby oil.

He's starting to show some real poise, and dare I say it, A-grade traits. There was one play in the centre where he danced around 3 Pies and delivered it cleanly to the outside that was Warner-like.

I might be getting ahead of myself but I think we're getting very close to not having to worry about him being dropped for form anymore, and I think with one more pre-season he could simply be a best 22 lock.
He is def improving. Teammates still ignoring Let’s see how he behaves when Geelong turns the pressure taps on him.
Did you notice his mum
crush?

I just keep watching 12:50 to 9:50 in the 4th on repeat.

Rampe's run down of Mihocek
2 minutes of "the great wall of Sydney"
Coast to Coast via Heeney, Warner, Mills, Heeney again!
Buddy defying the laws of physics to get ball to boot with one hand for the goal.

Game was probably done already but crowd was nuts for that whole time.
If that was in a Grand Final, it would go down in footy history

Personally I think it is worse than this. I hate what he is doing (as I hate weightman and when gulden used to do it as well - although he seems to be doing this less this year). I hate that in a game where there are rarely more than 10 marks inside 50 per team per game we give free kicks to a player for turning a tackle into a free kick. It is precisely the reason why I've hated the direction soccer has gone in the past 25 years where a penalty is celebrated because it is so bloody hard to score. So the incentive to get the opportunity to have a shot from 12 yards out without any defenders has overwhelmed professional soccer. Players accentuate contact, pretend to get their legs taken, fall with their arms outstretched and so on. Its the same reason I've hated English rugby for a lifetime because if you get sufficient numbers of technical free kicks you can beat better teams.

These guys actually risk AFL becoming a sport where there is a direct benefit in not winning and disposing the ball but winning the ball and then looking for a free.

PS That doesnt mean I'd boo him. I do absolutely think the AFL should be making it clear that there will be no free kicks for that action
Agree 100%. It is about integrity of the sport - any player that is more focused on the umpire than the ball and opposition is attacking the integrity of the sport and it needs to be stamped out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back