Autopsy Statement made Against Collingwood 27 point winners

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all. I come in peace! Just a fact check question:

Did George Hewett ever tag/run with Pendles and if so how did he go?
Mr hanks in advance.

I'm a bit concerned that if we do win the flag, it'll impact our draft position. Won't somebody please think of the kids!

Stephen Colbert Smile GIF
Yeah, but Melbourne are going to lose this week against Brisbane, finish 6th and then lose to Richmond in the elimination final.
So Melbourne's first pick, which we own, will go from an expected 18 to 13. :)
That'll do.

Mr hanks in advance.
Most likely yes, he would have at times.

I can’t recall specific instances on Pendlebury, but he was a reasonably effective tagger on most - pretty rare that his tag would get badly broken.

Mr hanks in advance.
I recall some games where George took the honours against Pendles, and others where Pendles took the honours against George. I can't remember specific games but I do remember them both specifically having wins in their match-ups over the years.

As will happen with two brilliant mids.

Most likely yes, he would have at times.

I can’t recall specific instances on Pendlebury, but he was a reasonably effective tagger on most - pretty rare that his tag would get badly broken.
If you were Voss would you allow Hewett free reign or ask him to lock down Pendles?

If you were Voss would you allow Hewett free reign or ask him to lock down Pendles?
I'd put him on daicos. Pendles is good but diacos is their prime mover in terms of metres. Hewett played some great games locking down in half back, Johansison comes to mind as one of his best in that role. But I'm sure he could tag a midfielder very effectively.

I thought he was still out with the back is he coming back in?

I'd put him on daicos. Pendles is good but diacos is their prime mover in terms of metres. Hewett played some great games locking down in half back, Johansison comes to mind as one of his best in that role. But I'm sure he could tag a midfielder very effectively.

I thought he was still out with the back is he coming back in?
Been named. Our track watchers said he trained and looked ‘normal’. Who knows really.

He’s a much better player than I realised. Was he always whistle clean below his knees? He’s unfortunately slower (I think) than I recall. Are these your memories?

Always been clean and tidy player who males the correct decision. Speed wise... maybe a touch slower

He’s a much better player than I realised. Was he always whistle clean below his knees? He’s unfortunately slower (I think) than I recall. Are these your memories?
His skills and his composure have always been brilliant and make him more dangerous than the many mids who are faster than him.

He is the perfect inside mid.

His skills and his composure have always been brilliant and make him more dangerous than the many mids who are faster than him.

He is the perfect inside mid.
Apart from the obvious “you’re an idiot Carlton supporter” why have I not noticed him as anything other than a tagger?

Btw who wins your best and fairest? Got a bet with a mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from the obvious “you’re an idiot Carlton supporter” why have I not noticed him as anything other than a tagger?

Put simply, our coach just ****ed up with Hewett and wasted his potential.

Mills will win the B&F by a mile.

Because that's all he was really used for when JPK was playing. When Kennedy was out for an extended period he took the lead inside role and excelled. Then moved to HBF because they wanted to get games into younger more explosive players

No-one was happy to see him go but my belief was that we were able to keep either him or Dawson and chose Dawson. Then Dawson screwed us but by then everything was in place for the move to you guys so we had to swallow it. It still rankles big time with us.
He's a good player and a good guy. You did well and hopefully he will too. Not TOO well of course!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back