hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
hope you guys don't mind me posting here, but when (if?) essendon roll the roos this year, you will notice that I haven't had a go on these boards in regard to the bombers 2 losses thus far in the ansett cup

just covering myself
biggrin.gif
for when things turn around, as I think they will

Smart
smile.gif

This is why I refuse to gloat over ANY victory. I wish that a lot of our supporters out there would do the same.

That's the thing that sucks the most about all this abuse is that some of us actually DESERVE it. And that makes me uncomfortable as a supporter. I suppose that this can only do good for us all. It certainly tests my loyalty a little bit as I've only been following this sport closely for a few years.

I didn't go last night, but I watched it on TV and I'd guess that 80% of the Essendon supporters I saw on TV were female and between the age of 10 and 24.

And I have no problem with that, really, as long as they're there for the footy. It would be unfair to label them all that way. I just hope that they stick with the team if things don't go well. Or worse yet, when Lloyd and Hird retire and they'll have nobody to perve at
smile.gif

I guess it proves one thing - that the administration is doing a good job of marketing our club to young people. We all got sucked in somehow.

I guess in the long term swing of things, that's a good thing, despite this "McEssendon'synch" label everyone's giving us. In the end, I suppose profit is all that really matters. It is a business, after all.

One thing about sports where I come from....you almost never see any women who are really into the action intensely. Women do go to NFL games and stuff, but a lot of them treat it like they're out to lunch. I think that the AFL is well ahead of the US in the diversity of fan department.

i think alot of this abuse (especially here on BFooty) is unfounded, as I remember last year, alot us Bomber fans didnt get too ahead of ourselves, as we couldnt forget the year before, and how the whole thing can come crashing down so quickly. Maybe a few trolls who came and went and declared us prems around rnd 10, but not many of actual bomber regs here, got too carried away.
But let the maggots play while they can i guess. Theres a few names ive noted down who will get a hammering when we beat 'em.

Originally posted by Stealth bomber:

Smart
smile.gif

I didn't go last night, but I watched it on TV and I'd guess that 80% of the Essendon supporters I saw on TV were female and between the age of 10 and 24.

24 YEAR old women you say. Maybe i should change alliances, where to i get a membership?

Originally posted by Arch:
i think alot of this abuse (especially here on BFooty) is unfounded, as I remember last year, alot us Bomber fans didnt get too ahead of ourselves, as we couldnt forget the year before, and how the whole thing can come crashing down so quickly. Maybe a few trolls who came and went and declared us prems around rnd 10, but not many of actual bomber regs here, got too carried away.

I gotta say, even after winning the premiership, the Dons fans here have been pretty down to earth about it....much more so than what I had expected....graceful winners, and that's a credit to the Dons fans here.

But lets face it, when a team is on top of the heap as your club is, everyone else (except for Hilly and me!
biggrin.gif
) will "celebrate" any slip up.

no offence to any essendon supporter, but i personally think that james hird is over-rated.

Hear me out before you get all heavy headed and start abusing me!

I think this because i personally have not seen him play a game to show me why hes supposibly such a superstar, and i think he takes alot of credit in games where there are other players that play as well or better than him, but because there name isnt hird, they dont get the credit where credits due.

Yes he is a good/great player but i still think hes over-rated.

Just my personal opinion, not asking for you all to agree with me!

Yep, and watch out for Vander's topics in other forums like:

North Melbourne: "I think Carey is over-rated"
Collingwood: "I think Buckley is over-rated"
Briswhine: "I think Voss is over-rated"
St. Kilda: "I think Harvey is over-rated"
Carlton: "I think Kouta is over-rated"
Sydney: "I think Kelly is over-rated"
Bulldogs: "I think Grant is over-rated"

etc. etc. etc.

rolleyes.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vanders
I think hawthorn are overated. I haven't seen them play anything more than just an average game for years.

------------------
mantis

[This message has been edited by sandie (edited 02 March 2001).]

rooboy, dont worry, we all know you'd never bag essendon in any way, youre a top bloke like that
wink.gif

and id just like to thank your lads for beating the much hated spoons. I also hear that your cheer squad had a much better "w***er" going than collingwood did
wink.gif

ps- shins, I think youll find windy hill was probably the person who thought we should trade away the johnson boys for someone better like Tim Mcgrath or Andrew Shauble. pfft.

------------------
BOMBERS 2001- THE HUNTERS. NOT THE HUNTED.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back