Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog Joe

Premiership Player
May 23, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I know I will be seen as pedantic, but the heading for Football Statistics claims a 110% chance for the statistics board.

For those with any understanding of the mathematics of statitics, you will know there can never be more than a 100% chance of anything. That is you cannot have more than 1 chance of success for 1 attempt.

In much the same way no individual has ever given even a 100% commitment to anything.

In terms of effort, 100% is a maximum possible and can never be improved upon.

Hmmm, interesting theory, its pretty out there :confused:. Get it published in a journal so it can be criticized by your peers and then maybe your thoughts will carry a bit more weight.

Until then we should stick with the 110% title :thumbsu:

Hmmm, interesting theory, its pretty out there :confused:. Get it published in a journal so it can be criticized by your peers and then maybe your thoughts will carry a bit more weight.

Until then we should stick with the 110% title :thumbsu:

Hardly a theory.
When you receive a piece of the pie, can you recall ever receiving more than 100%.

Sorry.
There is apparently a story where some guy in Palestine fed the masses on rations only sufficient for a few. He also apparently turned water into wine.
Perhaps he had more than a 100% chance of living more than once.

Hardly a theory.
When you receive a piece of the pie, can you recall ever receiving more than 100%.

Sorry.
There is apparently a story where some guy in Palestine fed the masses on rations only sufficient for a few. He also apparently turned water into wine.
Perhaps he had more than a 100% chance of living more than once.

Hmm sounds like this Palestinian was trolling you dude. Doesnt sound plausible at all.

110% for mine.

It may pay homage to a Simpson's episode "Homer at the Bat".

Hynpotist: You are all very good players...
Team: [entranced] We are all very good players...
Hypnotist: You will beat Shelbyville...
Team: We will beat Shelbyville...
Hypnotist: You will give one hundred and ten percent...
Team: That's impossible. No one can give more than one hundred percent. By definition that is the most anyone can give...

Or it could just be a play on mark Twain's line of "Lies, damn lies and statistics."

Either way I have a 72.3% chance of being right.;)

It may pay homage to a Simpson's episode "Homer at the Bat".

Hynpotist: You are all very good players...
Team: [entranced] We are all very good players...
Hypnotist: You will beat Shelbyville...
Team: We will beat Shelbyville...
Hypnotist: You will give one hundred and ten percent...
Team: That's impossible. No one can give more than one hundred percent. By definition that is the most anyone can give...

Or it could just be a play on mark Twain's line of "Lies, damn lies and statistics."

Either way I have a 72.3% chance of being right.;)

No chance of being right if you wrongly attribute your quotes.

It is one of my favorite quotes but it belongs to Benjamin Disraeli.
Despite the remote connection it is surely designed for some of the footy stats that get bandied around.

No chance of being right if you wrongly attribute your quotes.

It is one of my favorite quotes but it belongs to Benjamin Disraeli.
Despite the remote connection it is surely designed for some of the footy stats that get bandied around.

Probably should get a life dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back