Henley Sharks

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
no problem, you are mostly responding to questions ... those questions should just be asked elsewhere.

Reminder to all, as per line 1 of this thread "This will be the place to collect links/resources that may be of some value."

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Anyone know where you can get time on ground stats for players in the JLT series 2018?

the AFL's own website should display these stats, as they have for the past two years. If you click on Fixtures on the AFL homepage, then you will see JLT Community Series links for the past two seasons as well as for 2018. If you click on a season, say 2016, it will then take you to 2016 NAB Challenge Results. If you then click on Match Centre for any game and then scroll down slightly you will see three tabs titled Match Report, Full Time Stats and Line Ups. Click on Full Time Stats then directly underneath this click on Advanced Stats. The Time on Ground stat is the second last one featured on the right of screen, abbreviated as TG%.

May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi all.

Very minor point here.

I use AFLtables.com as a resource regularly. Just noticed a possible error.

In the Stats summary by team https://afltables.com/afl/stats/2017s.html

The Team Totals for Disposals Against do not add up to the Kicks and Handballs against. (In the Team Totals For, they do).

Am I doing this wrong, or is there an error? (It seems to apply to all years).

(Told you it was a minor point:p).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jared87

Draftee
Jun 21, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
As a relative newbie to the game, I've found this page helpful for understanding the different terms and contexts in which afl statistics are used. Highly recommend for anyone seeking basic guidance

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Swampy blocked me cos he clearly did not like me trying to be helpful by posting a direct link to a stat on AFL Tables.

Many people don't know about the AFL Tables site, and once in a blue moon he would post a stat that exists on there.

FitzroyPete

Senior List
Jan 22, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
East Perth (WAFL), Fitzroy (VAFA)
Here's a bit of news for anyone who was looking forward to the third volume of this book coming out next month:

Grand Finals, Volume III - Coming Soon

*** Please Note : will now be released March 2019 and will include the 2018 Grand Final ***

https://books.slatterymedia.com/store/viewItem/grand-finals--volume-iii

I'm certainly in the "looking forward to" category, 35Daicos.
The first two volumes (1897-1938 and 1939-1978) are superb publications and I expect 1979-2018 will be just as good.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
I'm certainly in the "looking forward to" category, 35Daicos.
The first two volumes (1897-1938 and 1939-1978) are superb publications and I expect 1979-2018 will be just as good.
Me too! I've got the first two, and they're terrific books, so I'm just glad to see they're continuing this series.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I need to get serious about maintaining a database, and the 2 priorities would be cost and upkeep. Hopefully there is something out there that won't cost an arm and a leg and won't take me much time to import weekly data. Ideally I'd like to have a SQL Server database, I imagine there is a csv data feed? Otherwise I guess there is FootyWorks which I used to use many years ago: http://www.sorensen.com.au/footyworks.html

Suggestions?

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can anyone point me towards a site where I can find out where a player has been spending their time on the field? And be able to compare it year to year?

BrainOfMorbius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi all. I think Steve Rogers published a book of AFL statistics at the end of the 1986 season that was particularly useful for club v club statistics. I think KT's old FootyStats website used to publish similar pages. Does anything like that still exist on other pages to the same level of detail? I used to really enjoy looking at quarter by quarter scores, highests and lowests, attendances, goalkickers, etc much more than individual player statistics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back