Stats resources.

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know any websites that are similar to pro-stats in terms of the range of stats they have available?
(if you've been on pro-stats you'll know what I mean)

The site is absolutely elite in terms of the stats they have available but I keep getting annoying pop-ups telling me to get a subscription for $50 year, which to be quite honest I don't really want to pay. :(

I also noticed they have a live-scores tab, I was just wondering if they update all their 40+ stats live throughout matches, or is it just a basic live scoreboard?

It has minutes spent on the ground, kicks, kicking efficiency, handballs, handballing efficiency, disposals, disposal efficiency, kick to handball ratio, contested possessions, % of possessions contested, uncontested possessions, % of possessions uncontested, marks, contested marks, uncontested marks, goals, behinds, goal assists, score assists, free kicks for, free kicks against, scoring accuracy, hitouts, hitouts to advantage, % of hitouts to advantage, inside 50's, marks inside 50, ball gets inside 50, rebound 50s, marks from opposition kicks, spoils, clearances and tackles. :thumbsu:

i wonder why champion data doesn't put in, short kicking efficiency, long kicking efficiency, Metres gained, and spoils for every player, or put every single stat online.

anyone know where you can find time on ground stats??

i saw them somewhere earlierr this year but can't 100% remember where. i think i was reading melbourne's herald sun, but why would they not have that stat on their web-site if they have it in their hard copy newspaper??

hmm, at half time during a west coast vs western bulldogs at telstra dome once this year, i saw a sheet which had exact times of how much a player has spent on ground updated to Quarter time. But i agree, they should post it online.

i wonder why champion data doesn't put in, short kicking efficiency, long kicking efficiency, Metres gained, and spoils for every player, or put every single stat online.

Because clubs and others like the HS pay good money for the data. Where do you think Mark Stevens gets his stats from?

mark stevens, is he the guy off hs?

Yeah, Stats Confidential or whatever his column is called.

Misguided reasoning on the part of CD.

Certainly, there's no good reason to keep data 2+ years old confidential.

Fair call. Probably a bit of work involved in designing and setting up web pages to display the extra stuff though.

anyone have any idea what's going on with Allthestats? doesnt seem to have been updated past 2009.

i was hoping the ladder predictor would be updated for this season but doesnt seem to be the case. does anyone know of any other ladder predictors that are available?

Hey guys

Does anyone know where i can find details of the umpires who have officiated in each AFL game historically?

I have looked through your sources and the umpires website but they dont have what I am looking for.

Anyone know where to find stats on the number of contested marks by club by season?

I'd like to see how far down the trend is since the late 1970s, although I doubt we have records going back that far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm after Champion Data/Supercoach scores for every player, game by game, prior to 2009. Happy to swap for whatever data I have.

Unfortunately I need this kinda urgently and don't have time ATM to scrape it from web pages. If anyone has the numbers in a spreadsheet/text file format, e.g.

Player Year Round Score

I'd like to hear from you. :)

Does anyone know where you can get a round by round summary of scores, best players, and possibly votes, whether they be from the Herald-Sun, Age, Australian or Coaches Association? I've looked on both the Herald-Sun and Age websites, and you have to click on every single game and scroll through a match report to get to the score and best players summary, and they don't include their votes on there either.

Something like this??

2010201020102010201020101122334455FNAMELNAMECLUBGTOGSCTOGSCTOGSCTOGSCTOGSCTOGSCTOGSCRichardDouglasA221,8141,95482.588.874218168847472757972...

I'm finding that kinda tough to decipher. Was thinking more along the lines of

Player,Year,Round,Score
Richard Douglas,A,2008,1,84
Richard Douglas,A,2008,2,43
Richard Douglas,A,2008,3,112
Richard Douglas,A,2008,EF,33
Scott Thompson,A,2008,1,87

etc.

Sorry - copy/paste issues obviously. Format I've got is:

Firstname,
Surname,
Club,
Total Games,
Total TOG,
Total SC,
Avg TOG,
Avg SC,
R1 TOG,
R1 SC,
R2 TOG,
R2 SC
etc.

Just want to go on the record to say that this site is consistently providing incorrect statistics, so perhaps don't use it until they rectify it.

Unfortunately they don't seem to want to rectify it, and I suggest that that says something about their credibility.

North Melbourne has lost 3 games for the year, yet they report them on a 4L streak.

St Kilda have had 1 win for the year yet they report them as being on a 2W streak.

Adelaide are 1-3 for the year yet apparently are on a 4L streak.

etc etc

They have been notified more than once yet do not respond and have not shown any attempt to fix their errors.

Thus, if accurate statistics is what you want, avoid http://finalsiren.com/

Just want to go on the record to say that this site is consistently providing incorrect statistics, so perhaps don't use it until they rectify it.

Unfortunately they don't seem to want to rectify it, and I suggest that that says something about their credibility.

North Melbourne has lost 3 games for the year, yet they report them on a 4L streak.

St Kilda have had 1 win for the year yet they report them as being on a 2W streak.

Adelaide are 1-3 for the year yet apparently are on a 4L streak.

etc etc

They have been notified more than once yet do not respond and have not shown any attempt to fix their errors.

Thus, if accurate statistics is what you want, avoid http://finalsiren.com/

The bye is quite possibly playing havoc with the 'streak' calculations/figures.

I use this site to update my database weekly, as its format lends itself readily to my methods. It uses the official AFL figures. These are sometimes revised after first being posted, e.g. an extra tackle here or a kick deducted there, which demonstrates attention to detail.

Aside from the stat you've pointed out, I've found the site's data to be trustworthy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back