Analysis Stats!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Howdy y'all. Because I'm very good at procrastination, I thought I'd start keeping track of the stats that The Sunday Mail/Advertiser publishes after each match but aren't made available publicly on other stat sites; Meters Gained, Intercepts, Intercept Marks, Pressure Acts and Score Involvements. I'll collate them after each match and post when I can. Plus, I'll also keep track of team stats such as; Mark I50, Tack I50, %Goal I50, Goals from Kick Ins, Stoppages, Turnovers and Shot accuracy. I know these pop up intermittently throughout the year in articles and such but I thought it might be good to have a go-to database where we can throw stats at one another as to why our favourite whipping boys shouldn't be playing...

Round 1 - Meters Gained
Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 11.26.25 am.png

Round 1 -Intercepts
Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 11.30.19 am.png

Round 1 - Intercept Marks
Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 11.31.42 am.png

Round 1 - Pressure Acts
Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 11.32.24 am.png

Round 1 - Score Involvements
Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 11.34.42 am.png

Round 1 - Team Stats
Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 11.36.22 am.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 11.37.02 am.png

Jenkins with less metres gained than Lynch, and Lynch had a stinker = Jenkins should be dropped
Some of his kicks were measured shorter after they went over the goal umpire's hat

Some of his kicks were measured shorter after they went over the goal umpire's hat

tcs.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Sloane? o_O

How he managed to largely escape criticism for last weekends performance shows you just how rife the fanboy-ism is on this board. That was close to the weakest game I've seen him play for the club. 14 disposals from one of your highest paid players is pathetic really.

Hard to know what that stat tells us when Laird comes last.

However, nice work Miss Vanessa. Should make interesting reading.
Yes that stat has been heavily debated of late. Might be because David Mackay is high n them.

How he managed to largely escape criticism for last weekends performance shows you just how rife the fanboy-ism is on this board. That was close to the weakest game I've seen him play for the club. 14 disposals from one of your highest paid players is pathetic really.

I reckon Sloane will cop much closer checking now that Danger has gone...it may take him a couple to adjust...

Great stuff. Could you add a total after the averages, just to see that too? :)
Will do. Will ultimately show results from the previous round, average, and then total. Or if people want the whole spreadsheet, showing data from every round, I can do that instead... I just thought it would get a tad small to look at easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back