Statue for SOS

Remove this Banner Ad

So you'd agree Tim Kelly should've done the same.

It's not a matter of agreeing lol, it's a matter of facts and hindsight. The facts are Carlton played it how they played it and got their man cheap in the end.

Trading is a delicate issue, you want to do what's best for your club by getting the best deal but you can't afford to build a reputation for screwing other people over or it will no doubt be worse for your club in the long run, Geelong have been regarded as a good club to deal with for an extended period of time, it is what it is.

The Kelly insanity was never my thing, please take that bs some where else...If any club can get their target players for cheaper within the rules all the best to them...

Carlton supporters getting ahead of themselves even though...
2019: 7 wins, 15 losses
2018: 2 wins, 20 losses (LOL)
2017: 6 wins, 16 losses
2016: 7 wins, 15 losses
2015: 4 wins, 18 losses

and I couldn't be bothered going back any further. Maybe once they have a season where they get in the double digit wins I'll start to take their rebuild seriously.

and I couldn't be bothered going back any further. Maybe once they have a season where they get in the double digit wins I'll start to take their rebuild seriously.
This is not an opportunity to bag out Carlton. It’s a place for sos celebration. We could easily post your finals wins over the same time frame:

2019 - 0 wins
2018 - 0 wins.....oh just forget it. I think you get the point.

This is not an opportunity to bag out Carlton. It’s a place for sos celebration. We could easily post your finals wins over the same time frame:

2019 - 0 wins
2018 - 0 wins.....oh just forget it. I think you get the point.

2018 - won 6 times the amount of games as Carlton. Kind of a laughable comparison right?

blitzer come back when you actually win a final this decade. Oh yeah. A fresh start next year. A whole new decade to pretend to be finalists. Carlton wins a final before Essendon will. Don’t go throwing too many stones. I’m very happy to come remind you in 2020.

Go wank about Richmond somewhere else. I could list 15-20 players since 2015 that Richmond have drafted or traded that are rubbish. You just named 7 players. Your grand finals are off the back of a great game plan which accentuates your strengths (running and pressure) and doesn’t compromise your weaknesses (kicking efficiency).

sos could of drafted a list to contend for a finals win 2-3 years ago but he thought long term as he once mentioned in an interview with FC. This list will be ******* special in the years to come. Even as soon as 2020. Just when Richmond’s 30 year olds start slowing down. You can’t rely on rance (30 year old ACL survivor), grimes, Cotchin, Houli, Reiwoldt. They’ll be falling off the cliff very soon. But enough about Richmond. This is about the SOS statue. What pose should they go with. Maybe this one.

View attachment 787109
Classic Bigfooty.

Fool. SOS PLANNED FOR THIS. He masterminded the 2 win season so he could recruit the second coming of Greg Williams in Liam Stocker you moron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton will be worse off without him. Draft night showed he’s surrounded himself with yes men who couldn’t make a decision to save themselves. God help them if Agresta gets more responsibility.

Carlton will be worse off without him. Draft night showed he’s surrounded himself with yes men who couldn’t make a decision to save themselves. God help them if Agresta gets more responsibility.

Reckon next time the recruiting team should rotate who gets to call out the draftees player number?

You have absolutely no idea how much input each member of the team has into the selections or machinations of each live trade we’ve pulled the trigger on.

I saw Agresta sitting with his arms folded while SOS orchestrated 2 trades in the first round. Saw him do the same thing with the Stocker trade last year.

The last five years have been all his. I can’t see anyone internally having close to the capability to fill his position. Can you?

You’re talking rubbish.

In the video put out by the club last year Agresta was talking up Stocker’s kicking skills, pointing back to a specific game they were impacted by blustery conditions. He then goes on to say he thinks Stocker is a better kick on his left than his right.

99% of these guys job is done prior to the draft, and they are aware of the contingencies should players be available or unavailable and which trades will be executed at certain points based on the discussions they’ve had with different clubs prior to the draft. They’re there purely as a sounding board on draft night, and as mentioned, you have no actual idea as to how much they’re contributing.

Taking a few seconds of footage and adjudicating the recruiting team as yes men on this basis is clutching at the straws at best.

I doubt we’d look to promote Agresta in any case, and would be more likely to source a list manager from elsewhere.

You’re talking rubbish.

In the video put out by the club last year Agresta was talking up Stocker’s kicking skills, pointing back to a specific game they were impacted by blustery conditions. He then goes on to say he thinks Stocker is a better kick on his left than his right.
So you're happy that the key decision makers are watching a video of their first round pick on draft night, being told by one of their recruiters that the game they're watching was played in blustery conditions, to inform a decision?

For me, I'd expect all of that groundwork to be completed well before the night of the draft.

Take a look at how Sydney go about it on draft night. That is one finely tuned football club.

So you're happy that the key decision makers are watching a video of their first round pick on draft night, being told by one of their recruiters that the game they're watching was played in blustery conditions, to inform a decision?

For me, I'd expect all of that groundwork to be completed well before the night of the draft.

Take a look at how Sydney go about it on draft night. That is one finely tuned football club.

They were having a very general chat about Stocker while rolling footage, which you’d expect to be pretty common just before taking a player.

The decision had already been made prior to the draft, which they confirmed afterwards having spoken to both Port and Adelaide during the week about organising a trade.

Nice try though.

Last edited:
blitzer come back when you actually win a final this decade. Oh yeah. A fresh start next year. A whole new decade to pretend to be finalists. Carlton wins a final before Essendon will. Don’t go throwing too many stones. I’m very happy to come remind you in 2020.

Essendon have their issues but I'd rather be struggling to win a final than struggling to get out of the bottom 4.
But I'll be happy to revisit this next year or even mid-way through the year when the air has been expelled from Carlton supporters sails when they are sitting in 17th position. There's no coach to sack to relieve the pressure this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back